PDA

View Full Version : Flight Beta

Oleh
12-01-2012, 04:57 PM
Anybody in it? Just installed it, going to play now. Will give thoughts later.

First impression - Very user friendly, geared more towards newer players.

Futz
12-01-2012, 05:12 PM
I might give this a try, I've heard the core game will be free when it's released

xxMATTGxx
12-01-2012, 05:21 PM
Yes I have the beta. I'm not sure If I can break the NDA? But oh well. It's nice to see them being more friendly to people who wouldn't have a clue on how to use Flight Simulators but it seems they have ruinied it for people who you would class as the "hardcore simmers" and don't want to fly through hoops or do missions but fly anywhere around the world.

I'm annoyed that the world won't be available as default and you will have to pay for downloadable content to add new regions. I would of paid for Microsoft Flight if it actually came with the "World" and was priced between £20 and £40, I'll see what kind of prices Microsoft will be doing to the DLC later this year.

Other things I'm annoyed about:

No news of an SDK, has been said by two major Flight Simulator developers that there is no SDK and if there is it won't be out until months or ages after the actual release.

Both of these companies disagreed with the way Microsoft was handling the platform. They were basically doing the next Flight Simulator after FSX but then changed their minds to go with the MS Flight approach right now, then went back and now back to this.

No SDK freely means no support for VATSIM or IVAO which sucks

End of freeware addons by the sounds of it

Flight Sim is a platform that lives off the community and developers who produce high quality addons in terms of scenery, aircraft and so on. (Freeware & Payware)

Without these then MS Flight is dead to the people who have bought Flight Simulator since day one. Then again MS Flight is free but you will have to pay if you want to fly anywhere else than the one that's included.

If they don't change their ways then the people who like Flight Simulator, for being an actual simulator and not an arcade flying game then it looks like they will stick to FS2004 or FSX.

Chippiewill
12-01-2012, 05:41 PM
Microsoft certainly made a sensible change with renaming it because this in no way is Flight Simulator 11. I do not believe that this will sell well, with the model that they wanted it's a sensible move to lock down sdk and other stuff because otherwise no one would pay for the eventual DLC. However they've lost themselves a passionate community and they'll only lose themselves sales over this, even for free I do not believe the mainstream gaming crowd would be willing to switch to the thrill of flying planes.

Microsoft should have stuck to an expansion business model for MS Flight.

Stephen!
12-01-2012, 07:16 PM
What about the graphics!!!!!

FiftyCal
13-01-2012, 10:07 AM
Sounds like FSX will be my last flight sim i'll ever own

Lee
14-01-2012, 08:27 PM
Graphics are the only good thing about it, the rest is a game - not a simulation :)

Suspective
14-01-2012, 10:04 PM
I didn't even realize Flight was out yet. I'll have to give it a try if possible. I'll defiantly do some reading about it now though. :P

xxMATTGxx
14-01-2012, 10:15 PM
I didn't even realize Flight was out yet. I'll have to give it a try if possible. I'll defiantly do some reading about it now though. :P

It isn't yet, it's just a beta at the moment.

xxMATTGxx
06-02-2012, 06:36 PM
Microsoft have announced that MS Flight will be released on the 29th February.

Prepare for takeoff! On the heels of a successful beta, we’re excited to announce that “Microsoft Flight” will be available to download worldwide for free starting February 29, 2012, right here at www.microsoftflight.com. In addition, the Hawaiian Adventure Pack – which includes the remaining Hawaiian Islands, a new plane and 20 new missions – will be available to purchase the same day through Games for Windows—LIVE.

Microsoft Flight lets players jump into the fun, freedom, and adventure of flight with no special hardware or past experience. If you have a mouse and a PC, you can fly!

Source: http://www.microsoft.com/games/flight/#news-flight_launch

Also included in the article they mention their first DLC (Downloadable Content) and how many points they will cost:

"The Hawaiian Adventure Pack will be available via Games for Windows –LIVE for 1600 Microsoft Points. "

"The Maule M-7-260C including a richly detailed external model and a beautifully created cockpit will be available via Games for Windows—LIVE for 1200 Microsoft Points. "

"The North American P-51 Mustang flyable from the outside will be available via Games for Windows—LIVE for 640 Microsoft Points. "

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!