PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a new phone in March, +11REP

Describe
15-01-2012, 10:10 PM
I'm looking for suggestions based on experience and I'll give all helpful answers +REP!

Mark
15-01-2012, 10:16 PM
How much are you willing to spend a month?

Describe
15-01-2012, 11:45 PM
How much are you willing to spend a month?
I've been paying £40 per month for the past two years (I know, I'm an idiot) so I'd like it to be around £30.

Mark
16-01-2012, 08:25 AM
Presuming you'd want a smartphone, I'd go for and iPhone 4 (because they'll be slightly cheaper than the 4s) or some kind of Samsung/HTC. I wouldn't go for blackberry!
Personally I have the iPhone 4 and have no problems but some people don't like going with apple.

Jutnux
16-01-2012, 11:34 AM
In my opinion don't go with an iPhone. Go with an Android phone (you can get a Samsung Galaxy S2 for that ppm) and you'll be far better off with the amount of customisation that you have out of the box.

AgnesIO
17-01-2012, 08:50 AM
Presuming you'd want a smartphone, I'd go for and iPhone 4 (because they'll be slightly cheaper than the 4s) or some kind of Samsung/HTC. I wouldn't go for blackberry!
Personally I have the iPhone 4 and have no problems but some people don't like going with apple.

On the other hand, getting an iPhone 4 will mean having a phone 2 generations behind for 18 months.

GommeInc
17-01-2012, 01:04 PM
On the other hand, getting an iPhone 4 will mean having a phone 2 generations behind for 18 months.
Marketing makes a point here ^ If you have to get an iPhone, it's best to get the latest one - not a generation behind.

What do you expect from a phone? What phone did you have before, as that could give us some idea :)

Describe
17-01-2012, 10:24 PM
Yeah I'm not crazy about Apple and I think I'd rather go with a HTC for some reason.

In my opinion don't go with an iPhone. Go with an Android phone (you can get a Samsung Galaxy S2 for that ppm) and you'll be far better off with the amount of customisation that you have out of the box.
I've had a look and it's like £32 PM plus a handset cost for the Samsung Galaxy S2 at current.

I'm behind with my current phone, which is stated below in my quote to GommeInc, and I hate it! I've thought about this and it's highly likely that if I were going with an iPhone it would be the 4S.

Marketing makes a point here ^ If you have to get an iPhone, it's best to get the latest one - not a generation behind.

What do you expect from a phone? What phone did you have before, as that could give us some idea :)
I really liked having a good camera phone but I barely snapped anything and the novelty wore off. I have the Sony Ericsson Satio currently.

Recursion
18-01-2012, 04:00 PM
Wait a couple more months for the Galaxy S 3.

Describe
18-01-2012, 07:14 PM
Wait a couple more months for the Galaxy S 3.
I haven't heard anything about that and even when it does come out it'll be like £40 for 24 months minimum for the first few months will it not?

Chippiewill
18-01-2012, 07:24 PM
I'm looking for suggestions based on experience and I'll give all helpful answers +REP!
Decide at the time, a new android smartphone comes out every 1-2 weeks, a new windows phone comes out every 1.5 months, blackberries are terrible, iPhones are overrated and have been behind on hardware and software for two years (People who use them don't actually compare them to similar price android phones which work much better).

Galaxy Nexus is nice for Ice Cream Sandwich (And Vanilla Android), S2 is ok I guess, S3 will come out soon which should be good

Loads of windows phones announced at CES if I remember correctly the nokia ones are pretty good.

Blackberry people will tell you they're good but they're too lazy to shift to touch screens which is a short transition and RIM will go bankrupt this year short of a miracle.

Recursion
18-01-2012, 08:39 PM
Should be more like an 18 month contract

Chippiewill
18-01-2012, 08:44 PM
Galaxy Nexus went for £40 for 18 months on most networks (Less on a couple like 3), I'd expect the same for the S3 as it's a very similar target market.

Jack!
18-01-2012, 08:56 PM
Decide at the time, a new android smartphone comes out every 1-2 weeks, a new windows phone comes out every 1.5 months, blackberries are terrible, iPhones are overrated and have been behind on hardware and software for two years (People who use them don't actually compare them to similar price android phones which work much better).

Galaxy Nexus is nice for Ice Cream Sandwich (And Vanilla Android), S2 is ok I guess, S3 will come out soon which should be good

Loads of windows phones announced at CES if I remember correctly the nokia ones are pretty good.

Blackberry people will tell you they're good but they're too lazy to shift to touch screens which is a short transition and RIM will go bankrupt this year short of a miracle.

I swapped from an Android to a Blackberry a few months back, I have to say, I prefer the Blackberry. I LOVED my little Wildfire, and I thought I was insane when I swapped, however, It is yet to prove me wrong.

(And yes I did swap AFTER the whole BB down escapade)

Chippiewill
18-01-2012, 09:01 PM
lol Wildfire was terrible. If you got one of the recent Androids you'd change your tune.

Recursion
18-01-2012, 09:08 PM
lol Wildfire was terrible. If you got one of the recent Androids you'd change your tune.

*decent, not necessarily recent

Chippiewill
18-01-2012, 09:27 PM
Well obviously with a flooded market like Android yeah... but most of the gingerbread and ICS phones are really good.

Mr-Trainor
18-01-2012, 10:30 PM
Yea lol. My mum has had a wildfire and it's the only android device I've been able to use, and it put me off it :P. But she got a Samsung galaxy ace today which is much better, and android doesn't seem to bad :) - although I'll be sticking with my iPhone :P.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!