PDA

View Full Version : iPad help

Mathew
21-01-2012, 01:43 AM
Hey,
I upgraded my IPad 2 to iOS 5 a couple of weeks ago and for some reason, Safari randomly closes. It's always been when I open HxF I think, but it could just be that I open too many tabs... but I've only tried opening like four or five?

Another thing is an issue with HxF I think... when I'm typing a post out like now in advanced mode, I can't see the pulsing bar thing that shows where I'm typing. This is annoying because if I make a mistake, I can't figure out where my cursor thing is. When I write PMs too, it can sometimes take a while for the text to show. Oh, and if I try to "Select All" it just doesn't work! It's all perfectly fine in Quick Reply.

Any thoughts?
Matt

Pamus
21-01-2012, 10:32 AM
My mum has this exact same problem with Safari but obv. not using Habbox, just on random sites. My dad, however, never updates his iPad and doesn't experience any problems. I don't know the fix but I thought it might be useful to let you know. :)

Mathew
21-01-2012, 11:53 AM
My mum has this exact same problem with Safari but obv. not using Habbox, just on random sites. My dad, however, never updates his iPad and doesn't experience any problems. I don't know the fix but I thought it might be useful to let you know. :)

Oh well that's nice to know I'm not the only one! :P Thanks! xo

Recursion
21-01-2012, 01:33 PM
I suggest you download Tapatalk or ForumRunner.

Mr-Trainor
22-01-2012, 12:14 AM
Safari is always crashing for me as well, no matter what website I'm on. I usually write long posts/PMs in notes and then c+p them in to safari, so I don't lose it :P.

Mathew
22-01-2012, 12:22 AM
I suggest you download Tapatalk or ForumRunner.
I think I'm gonna have to sooner or later.. but I do like seeing the full skin on iPad when I'm on wifi connection.. :P

Safari is always crashing for me as well, no matter what website I'm on. I usually write long posts/PMs in notes and then c+p them in to safari, so I don't lose it :P.
Haha, such a coincidence that Safari crashed and closed when I opened this thread! :P it was fine before I updated to iOS 5. I've started writing the long stuff out in note too, lolol.

alede
31-01-2012, 09:50 PM
Safari is fine. I suggest you re-install IOS 5 . I did have a few problems at start but after re installing Ios 5 its fine now.

Just plug it in and restore. Don't use any back up files as it will just install what you had before not the new IOS 5 but then after you have text it out without any apps and that then sync your apps, music, videos, pictures :)

(WARNING: Make sure you back it up though and transfer everything to your pc such as photos or videos you have captured, I am sure apps and videos or anything you purchased is on the Pc/Mac all ready.)

[When I say Pc/Mac I mean anything you use to connect your ipad 2 to sync so don't think this ain't just for Pc/Mac user.]

Thank you, I hope this has been helpful and works, Please PM me if it does work so then if I do comeacrossthe same problems for users I can tell them the same thing.

Mathew
31-01-2012, 10:01 PM
Safari is fine. I suggest you re-install IOS 5 . I did have a few problems at start but after re installing Ios 5 its fine now.

Just plug it in and restore. Don't use any back up files as it will just install what you had before not the new IOS 5 but then after you have text it out without any apps and that then sync your apps, music, videos, pictures :)

(WARNING: Make sure you back it up though and transfer everything to your pc such as photos or videos you have captured, I am sure apps and videos or anything you purchased is on the Pc/Mac all ready.)

[When I say Pc/Mac I mean anything you use to connect your ipad 2 to sync so don't think this ain't just for Pc/Mac user.]

Thank you, I hope this has been helpful and works, Please PM me if it does work so then if I do comeacrossthe same problems for users I can tell them the same thing.
Thanks for your help! I will consider reinstalling iOS 5 but the problem hasn't been half as bad the past week or so! I'll see! :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!