PDA

View Full Version : Confused.

Luke
21-01-2012, 08:03 PM
Eyefinity, can it actually handle upto 6 outputs? I need 4 outputs, will this card cut it?
http://www.ebuyer.com/254950-powercolor-hd-6950-2gb-gddr5-dvi-hdmi-2mini-displayport-pci-e-graphics-card-ax6950-2gbd5-2dh

Cheers
Luke

Chippiewill
21-01-2012, 08:39 PM
"AMD Eyefinity multi-display technology1
Native support for up to 4 simultaneous displays
Up to 6 displays supported with DisplayPort 1.2 Multi-Stream Transport
Independent resolutions, refresh rates, color controls, and video overlays
Display grouping
Combine multiple displays to behave like a single large display"

http://www.amd.com/US/PRODUCTS/DESKTOP/GRAPHICS/AMD-RADEON-HD-6000/HD-6950/Pages/amd-radeon-hd-6950-overview.aspx#2

At a guess? Yes.

Luke
21-01-2012, 09:00 PM
Awsome. Cheers (:

Chippiewill
21-01-2012, 09:16 PM
You may have problems however from the fact that one of the four native ports is VGA and another is HDMI so you'll want to use one of those special cables to make all four come off the the dvi most likely.

Luke
21-01-2012, 09:53 PM
There's 1 HDMI, that will go to projector
There's 2 DVI, one will go to monitor with aircraft instruments on, one will go to left window.
Then with MDP>DVI, i'll have right window

That's my setup :P

Chippiewill
21-01-2012, 10:15 PM
How much are you paying for the hydraulics for tilt?

Luke
21-01-2012, 10:41 PM
Nah, it's fixed, cause it's a two seater cockpit. Only got a budget of £6000, and it's confined in a small room :P So no hydralics for me :')

N!ck
21-01-2012, 11:28 PM
Only two displays at most can be run from from DVI/HDMI (including with a VGA converter on the DVI) simultaneously. For 4 outputs, at least two will need to be run from display port. You will also require "active" adaptors for converting displayport -> DVI/HDMI which generally involves using a more expensive adaptor (~£20 each) that is powered by a USB connector.

I know this because I'm currently running 3 monitors in this manor and will be running 4 when I upgrade from my ATI 5xxx series GPU.

If you use two monitors with native displayport connectivity you will eliminate the need for expensive adaptors.

Chippiewill
21-01-2012, 11:39 PM
Nah, it's fixed, cause it's a two seater cockpit. Only got a budget of £6000, and it's confined in a small room :P So no hydralics for me :')
At least put some actuators in the seat for turbulence.

Recursion
22-01-2012, 12:59 AM

Off topic but god damn every time I see your sig I lol for real.

Edited by Oleh (Forum Moderator): Please do not post pointlessly.

Luke
22-01-2012, 09:18 AM
Only two displays at most can be run from from DVI/HDMI (including with a VGA converter on the DVI) simultaneously. For 4 outputs, at least two will need to be run from display port. You will also require "active" adaptors for converting displayport -> DVI/HDMI which generally involves using a more expensive adaptor (~£20 each) that is powered by a USB connector.

I know this because I'm currently running 3 monitors in this manor and will be running 4 when I upgrade from my ATI 5xxx series GPU.

If you use two monitors with native displayport connectivity you will eliminate the need for expensive adaptors.

Ah, that explains it perfectly - thanks!

I wouldn't know where to start :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!