PDA

View Full Version : Leaving essays.

iBlueBox
23-01-2012, 04:40 PM
Does anyone hate it when you leave your essay to do it like the night before its due in?

I always say to myself I won't leave it till the night before But I always do,

Neversoft
23-01-2012, 04:51 PM
That's what I always do. I find it's the only way I can actually motivate myself to work.

Shar
23-01-2012, 04:57 PM
I hate doing essays last minute because its too much pressure to do it in one day and usually interferes with other assignments. I usually try and complete essays as soon as I get them.

dirrty
23-01-2012, 05:02 PM
That's what I always do. I find it's the only way I can actually motivate myself to work.
same. i prefer to work under pressure of a deadline, makes me work better. same with revising for exams aswell.

and i hate it when teachers/lecturers/tutors are like 'don't leave work until the last minute, you won't get a good grade blahblahblah'. so much ******** right durrr

Chris
23-01-2012, 06:00 PM
I don't mind it actually since I seem to work better when I'm under pressure. :P

Inseriousity.
23-01-2012, 06:02 PM

This lol.
I try every time with things like '250 words each day' but I just work best when I'm near a deadline and ******** bricks cos it's so close and I haven't hardly done anything. a deadline really is a good motivator :P

Mathew
23-01-2012, 06:03 PM
I try to get them done as soon as I get them. I can't stand having work left to do.

beth
23-01-2012, 06:22 PM
would much prefer to sit up all night and do it in one massive chunk then fanny about with it for weeks.

Martin
23-01-2012, 06:24 PM
When I was at college I would normally try do them when I had 'Free periods' like 2 hour gaps and stuff. I would go get something to eat quickly then the rest of the time would be spent getting any essays done etc that needed to be done. I guess having no friends to spend lunchtimes with or anything was the main cause for this haha.

I was greatful I didn't have to do much at home though because it meant that I was able to relax more and not worry about stuff piling up etc.

Alex3213
23-01-2012, 06:27 PM
Meh sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. Having said that it normally requires me doing it all in the same night or two rather than over a large spread of time. Sometimes I leave it, sometimes I don't - really depends how bothered I can be tbh.

geo
23-01-2012, 06:30 PM
When I write essays, I usually do them about 2 days before the essay. :P I don't like having to rush it all, although I usually do have to rush everything as I have so much homework. I seem to get alright grades though, so it can't be that bad. :P

Red
23-01-2012, 06:30 PM
Lmao usually I'm quite good but this year theres been like no time and I have had constant essays. I've basically wrote 4 of them in an allnighter. I did the research in the days before but constructed it the night before. At like 8am your'e sat there thinking why do I do this to myself :(

Jssy
23-01-2012, 06:50 PM
I used to be like that in year 10 but now I only have 12 weeks till I leave school I'm getting everything done straight away so I have time to relax and be worry free.

Matthew
23-01-2012, 07:04 PM
I normally get essays done as soon as I get them :P

I hate leaving things like this, if I leave them then I just have to worry about them later I guess :P

Chippiewill
23-01-2012, 08:32 PM
Depends really, I can knock out most of my philosophy essays in about 3 hours so as long as I'm not tired it's fine the night before as any other time.

Amberr
23-01-2012, 11:54 PM
When i started sixth form for the first few weeks i tried so hard to get on top of everything and to complete work days in advance. It worked at the beginning but now i just keep forgetting or get distracted with other things and end up leaving it to the last minute.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!