PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Internet Browser

Joey-
26-01-2012, 07:23 PM
I'm sure it's not just me, but I'd like to ask anyway: does anyone else notice that when they use their PS3's browser that it tends to freeze up quite a bit?
I won't be running hardly the most incredibly detailed webpage yet the browser causes my PS3 to freeze, forcing me to shut it off manually, risking a damaged HDD.
Really what I want to know is if there is a way to at least reduce the frequency at which the PS3 freezes, by maybe boosting processing power, or maybe even environmental changes.
While I do understand that the browser is not meant to replace a computer's browser, it is quite a handy asset especially when GameBattling.
Idk.. it's just quite frustrating. Thanks for any comments. :)

JeffDunham-1
27-01-2012, 09:05 PM
Depends what type of internet connection you have and if you have any NNID Types as well. NNID Types cause deconnection while playing a online game quite frequently.

Ajthedragon
28-01-2012, 09:12 AM
Mine's fine. :P

Joey-
28-01-2012, 11:27 PM
Depends what type of internet connection you have and if you have any NNID Types as well. NNID Types cause deconnection while playing a online game quite frequently.

I'm more than sure that it's not a connection problem as my Internet is advertised at 50 MB/s speeds and my PS3 is using a wired-connection straight into the router/modem. I feel like the problem is more of a processing problem than connectivity, as it just more of a slow computer type enigma than it is just the pages are taking extended periods of times to load.

Regardless, thank you for the input. +rep if I can. :)

EDIT: What does it mean to challenge a person to a duel?!

JeffDunham-1
30-01-2012, 01:03 AM
Um, it might be your location or your cookies and stuff. Delete your cookies and stuff on your internet browser on your PS3 and restart it. If that doesnt work I have 2 more solutions.

Gibs960
30-01-2012, 09:41 PM
Mine's never frozen up on me, maybe get your PS3 checked out or if you're computer/other devices have slow internet connection, then maybe it's your connection.

Joey-
31-01-2012, 09:26 PM
Um, it might be your location or your cookies and stuff. Delete your cookies and stuff on your internet browser on your PS3 and restart it. If that doesnt work I have 2 more solutions.

Unfortunately it didn't work. Although I do see an increase in speed, it still freezes on the same webpage.

Mine's never frozen up on me, maybe get your PS3 checked out or if you're computer/other devices have slow internet connection, then maybe it's your connection.

Well, it's not just my PS3. It's also my step-brother's, who lives in a different part of the city and has a different ISP. And like I said, I have an advertised speed of 50 MB/s, so webpages appear practically upon hitting enter. I wish I had your PS3. </3

TonyBest
08-02-2012, 12:16 PM
Update to this thread: The PS3's browser has now been updated with today's system update, this includes fixing the browser so now most sites that didnt work before and gave a white blank page during loading have all been fixed, even Google

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!