PDA

View Full Version : ..both as useful as a chocolate fireguard

-:Undertaker:-
28-01-2012, 01:00 AM
http://eureferendum.blogspot.com/2012/01/game-over.html

Game over

http://www.iaza.com/work/120128C/iaza13186183298600.jpg

If anyone had any residual belief that there was anything salvageable from our current system of government, forget it! (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-16750583) The children have taken over and all we are left with is the wreckage.

This illustrates my fears about the state of British government and our leaving the EU. On current evidence, we have - as pointed out previously (http://eureferendum.blogspot.com/2011/08/are-we-men-or-wimps.html) - lost the ability to govern ourselves, in which case a fully independent UK in the hands of these clowns would be a disaster.

That is not to say that we should not leave the EU – far from it. But it does say that merely campaigning to leave is not enough. Additionally, we have to have plans to rebuild our government and put the grown-ups back in charge.

Not a serious in-depth political post, but an indication of the calibre of our political debate that we're now forced to endure from the three dead political parties which are held up by our voting system and the media. Two political parties with collapsing membership figures, all identical and operating on the basis of 'we need to get into office' rather than any form of belief or serious discussion and/or debate.

It also brings up another point as well and how just a little bit of homework makes you think - some of you may have seen that last week David Cameron was splashed all over the papers and offical Conservative blogs saying that we need inventive capitalism and less state control (which is true)..... but this is coming from the man who wants to meddle in the price of Terrys' Chocolate Orange. Need I say more?

David Cameron and Ed Miliband arguing over chocolate prices, could it be anymore of a farce?

Thoughts?

Grig
28-01-2012, 04:16 PM
Haven't they got more crucial issues to solve. This country is riddled with dumb laws as it is i.e. not being allowed to get antibiotics as over the counter prescriptions etc. Such laws baffle me. Also you've got inflation and rising food prices as it is.

If politicians have nothing better to do in this country than to discuss prices of chocolate oranges, then there is little to hope for.

Chippiewill
28-01-2012, 05:06 PM
I read this article and I genuinely facepalmed, if they want to sell chocolate oranges cheaply then they should, really the issue isn't how cheap the chocolate is, it's how people aren't being encouraged to eat fruit.

Miliband is a bit of a joke to be honest.

Ajthedragon
28-01-2012, 05:58 PM
I read this article and I genuinely facepalmed, if they want to sell chocolate oranges cheaply then they should, really the issue isn't how cheap the chocolate is, it's how people aren't being encouraged to eat fruit.

Miliband is a bit of a joke to be honest.

This.

It'll be interesting to see the live debates at the next election, assuming he's still leader. Chocolate may be on the agenda! :P

Mathew
28-01-2012, 05:59 PM
Ed Miliband is one of the few individuals on this earth who makes me physically angry.

28-01-2012, 06:05 PM
I don't see why everybodys slating Ed Miliband as much as he deserves it, at least he's only the 'opposition' leader - the other clown is in office.

Mathew
28-01-2012, 06:15 PM
I don't see why everybodys slating Ed Miliband
Not only does he have odd hair and an annoying voice, but his inability to synchronise hand gestures with emphasis in his spiels just annoys me so much. He's clear evidence of a public speaking class gone wrong.

Ajthedragon
28-01-2012, 06:31 PM
Not only does he have odd hair and an annoying voice, but his inability to synchronise hand gestures with emphasis in his spiels just annoys me so much. He's clear evidence of a public speaking class gone wrong.

When he says "Mr Speaker" I genuinely want to punch him.

How Labour think he will win them an election I don't know.

Michael Foot all over again...

28-01-2012, 06:36 PM

I couldn't care less about the voice, look or hand gestures of a politician.

So essentially, although both are as bad as one another on this issue - only Ed Miliband deserves criticism because a) he's part of the red camp & b) he looks, talks and moves 'funny' - am I right?

Mathew
28-01-2012, 06:39 PM
I wasn't replying to the issue, I was talking about why he, as an individual, makes me want to poke my eyes out. :P If you want me to balance things out... David Cameron does have a large forehead, but then I do think he's a good public speaker... hmm...

GommeInc
29-01-2012, 01:24 AM
I'm not sure why people are taking the petty ground when criticising Ed Milliband. Voice, gestures and appearance aside, he's only annoying to me because he comes out with really weird things that really do over emphasise the fact he's the opposition leader. There's some instances where you should agree with the party in power, because by not doing than then whatever comes out of your mouth is just rubbish.

Also, if people want to kill themselves because they rely too much on the Government leading the way, then natural selection is doing what it does best. There's just no hope for some people.

dbgtz
29-01-2012, 01:43 PM
Ed Miliband just seems to criticise without saying what he would do, and that's why he annoys me. Though he as an individual does annoy me, I don't think it would sway my vote but the fact he seems very stupid does.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!