PDA

View Full Version : T-Mobile UK launches 'Full Monty' unlimited calls, texts, data plan

xxMATTGxx
30-01-2012, 12:29 PM
T-Mobile unveiled "The Full Monty" pay monthly plan today, which includes unlimited calls, texts and data, priced at £41 per month for two years. The plan is available on all phones in the T-Mobile range and features no fair use restrictions on internet, calls or text messages. T-Mobile will also allow customers to tether their smartphones as part of the plan, allowing laptop owners to get online without the fear of restrictions or cost.

Plans start at £36 per month on a two-year contract, but the £36 option is limited to 2,000 minutes for calls to non-T-Mobile networks. Plans at £41 a month onwards include truly unlimited calls to other networks. T-Mobile claims the plan is "ground-breaking," but it feels like a return to unlimited contracts that were in place before smartphones put a strain on British networks. Either way, it will be available from February 1st through T-Mobile stores, online shop, telesales and in-direct partners.

Source: http://www.theverge.com/mobile/2012/1/30/2757748/t-mobile-uk-unlimited-full-monty-plan

Pretty cool!

GommeInc
31-01-2012, 01:53 AM
Pretty cool!
I like the bit that says "but the £36 option is limited to 2,000 minutes for calls to non-T-Mobile networks." Like that will mean anything to anyone, 2,000 minutes is a hell of a lot per month :P An amazing offer, hopefully other operators take note of this and start releasing good-deal packages.

Recursion
31-01-2012, 12:54 PM
I like the bit that says "but the £36 option is limited to 2,000 minutes for calls to non-T-Mobile networks." Like that will mean anything to anyone, 2,000 minutes is a hell of a lot per month :P An amazing offer, hopefully other operators take note of this and start releasing good-deal packages.

Not that long when you think about it, just over an hour per day (not that I phone people for hours on end, screw that LOL).

It's pretty good that they've begun to offer this, although I'm not sure how big of a hit it'll really be, especially with their Flext deals and stuff.

AgnesIO
04-02-2012, 03:36 PM
They are capping the speed for this to a maximum of 1mbps - not that much of a problem though, just did a speed test myself and occasionally hit over that at 1.04mbps

Recursion
04-02-2012, 04:01 PM
T-Mobile don't cap speeds, I was hitting 4Mbps on HSPA (not HSPA+)... remember whatever backhaul the cell is connected to is shared between everyone connected to it.

AgnesIO
04-02-2012, 04:06 PM
T-Mobile don't cap speeds, I was hitting 4Mbps on HSPA (not HSPA+)... remember whatever backhaul the cell is connected to is shared between everyone connected to it.

I apologise, I was given the idea from a news article on engadget, however it has since been updated - some guy from T-Mobile support ****** up basically.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/02/04/t-mobile-confirms-full-monty-speed-cap/

Recursion
04-02-2012, 04:08 PM
Was gonna say, what would be the point in their LTE network when it's eventually rolled out! haha :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!