PDA

View Full Version : This guy in college...

Mikey
30-01-2012, 07:13 PM
This guy in college is the most annoying and most irritating person ever. He likes all this 50s music and always sings it in the classes, no one likes his music and he can't even sing. He thinks he's funny when he's obviously not and he just smells in general. Pretty much everyone doesn't like him due to this but the thing is I know there is really nothing we can do in class because he obviously has to be there but outside classes he just follows me and my group of friends and we're not wanting to associate with him really.

We've tried splitting up and find a meeting point to get away from him but it doesn't work, he always finds a way to follow us. We're not nasty people and we wouldn't really want to say to him to literally go away but the guy just drives you insane and never shuts the hell up.

Any help or tips? :(

buttons
30-01-2012, 07:35 PM
erm i think it's nastier to let someone continue following you when you're obviously talking behind their back. it's nicer to put people out their misery. we had this sorta "problem" (though it's hardly a problem, he's not harming you) at school and one of my friends finally snapped and told the girl to leave us alone basically with no reason whatsoever. she's pretty popular nowadays aha but i still feel bad about it! at least give him a reason, something for him to reflect on. i think he could be worse... at least he isn't bullying anyone or judging them, causing harm etc but whatever. children will be children.

beth
30-01-2012, 07:53 PM
i'm sorry but you just sound like a total gonk. if you don't like the person then just be up front about it and not snide.

Stephen
30-01-2012, 08:00 PM
so you want help and tips on getting rid of him but you dont wanna tell him to go away :S

sounds like murder might be your only option

dirrty
30-01-2012, 08:37 PM
there was someone who used to follow our group around and i felt sorry for up for about 10 seconds until he said "don't call me richard, call me big ****" to my friend, then she instantly responded with "why do you even follow us? no one likes you, go away!". i still felt bad for him but then i carried on with my life because it's not my problem. then there's this other guy who occasionally popped up and only lurked around for a few minutes and would run up to some of my friends on the way home and walk with us, but that was because some of the people in my group knew him from primary school and he had special needs so you just like...let it slide and basically say 'hi' then ignore him.

so yeah, if you want to get rid of him, just tell him how it is. you could just tell him to **** off to make sure he stays away, or tell him nicely, or whatever - if you don't wanna tell him then he ain't gonna leave is he? not like he can read y0 minds...

Inseriousity.
30-01-2012, 08:49 PM
aww I feel bad for him. none of the reasons you've mentioned are that annoying apart from the comedian-wannabe thing, that does get irritating but is easy to get round. If you don't have the guts to tell him to go away then the consequence is simply that you'll have to put up withthem as best you can.

Metric1
03-02-2012, 05:50 AM
From my experience, freaks like that usually drop out after 1st year. I've been known to tell people to shut up in lectures, or mutter something under my breath so the person gets the picture. Professors at my uni don't really take to kindly to people like that, or people that hold up the class or make stupid suggestions or ask stupid questions. Most professors I've had will make the person feel stupid if they ask one to many questions, so they generally stop.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!