PDA

View Full Version : Breast milk cheese? Have you seen this?

Gorgomorgo
01-02-2012, 03:08 AM
One of my vegan friends posted this on my Facebook wall. It's...interesting. I'm not opposed to the idea of breast milk cheese so long as it's been tested, but REPLACING dairy milk with human milk? I don't know....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLBqbO4McUU&feature=player_embedded

beth
01-02-2012, 03:44 AM
i know they had breast milk ice-cream in london and then someone complained so it got removed, and then loads of protesters got involved so it got replaced.

not for me.

kasi
01-02-2012, 03:44 AM
oh my god that's disgusting lol!!!! that has to be a joke

Gorgomorgo
01-02-2012, 09:35 AM
i know they had breast milk ice-cream in london and then someone complained so it got removed, and then loads of protesters got involved so it got replaced.

not for me.

That seriously happened? Do you have a source?

xxMATTGxx
01-02-2012, 10:03 AM
Not something I would try to be honest.
Sent from my 7 Mozart using Board Express

Shar
01-02-2012, 10:08 AM
That's kinda disgusting..I'd never try it.

GommeInc
01-02-2012, 11:23 AM
I didn't think human milk had the properties to make cheese :S I like how vegans somehow support human breast milk, it hints cannibalism is perfectly fine, seeing as the main argument for not having dairy products is because it's contains traces of animal :P

e5
01-02-2012, 11:33 AM
NOT FOR ME. EW.

Chris
01-02-2012, 11:39 AM
Interesting but Its not something I would try. +o(

dirrty
01-02-2012, 12:30 PM
i do find it interesting that it's acceptable to give your baby breast milk, but from age 'x', society deems it unacceptable and shuns it. i personally wouldn't consume anything that was made out of breast milk, but i don't deem it disgusting either.

Grimmauld
02-02-2012, 02:53 AM
in a sense it would be like cows drinking their own milk. we drank our mother's milk when we were infants..but personally i wouldnt do it again lol.

beth
02-02-2012, 04:23 AM
That seriously happened? Do you have a source?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1360225/Shop-sells-breast-milk-ice-cream-London-restaurant-Icecreamists-Baby-Gaga.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-12615353

there you go :}

Jazz
02-02-2012, 12:43 PM
eww i wouldnt touch that

scott
02-02-2012, 03:57 PM
I read an article about this and breast milk ice cream on the daily mail. Certainly something I wouldn't want to try :(

iBlueBox
02-02-2012, 05:59 PM
I think this explains it all.

Please note. Some may find it a bit rude.

*REMOVED*

Edited by Chris (Forum Moderator): Please do not make inappropriate posts!

Rhythmic
02-02-2012, 06:11 PM
I would never ever ever! Go anywhere near that!? : ( Thats so nasty!

Recursion
02-02-2012, 06:14 PM
I can't say I'd try it personally, but I don't get all the "OMG OMGOMG THATS NASTY!!1!!11" comments around here, you were probably breastfed as a baby, so it's not gonna be any different, but then you go round drinking milk from other species that walk around in their poop etc, flawed logic? :P

Society is weird.

Gibs960
02-02-2012, 06:18 PM
I think I had enough human milk when I was a baby.

Stephen
02-02-2012, 06:24 PM
I'D TRY IT

wait does that make me weird cos i really would

dirrty
02-02-2012, 06:36 PM
I can't say I'd try it personally, but I don't get all the "OMG OMGOMG THATS NASTY!!1!!11" comments around here, you were probably breastfed as a baby, so it's not gonna be any different, but then you go round drinking milk from other species that walk around in their poop etc, flawed logic? :P

Society is weird.
exactly lol, too true.

geo
02-02-2012, 07:02 PM
Aha, that's interesting. I'd never try it though.

Narnat,
02-02-2012, 07:06 PM
..Can't say it's something I would try.

the.games
02-02-2012, 07:08 PM
Yuck. That's horrible. I didn't even think that was legal. Dosent that bring risk of STI's?

FlyingJesus
02-02-2012, 07:13 PM
I'm confused, can someone fill me in as to why it's "disgusting" to have something that is arguably the only food source in existence that was created solely for human consumption?

beth
02-02-2012, 07:15 PM
I'm confused, can someone fill me in as to why it's "disgusting" to have something that is arguably the only food source in existence that was created solely for human consumption?

smells funny.

GommeInc
02-02-2012, 07:27 PM

Society is weird.
Isn't your logic flawed too, by this post? :P Why would you not try it personally - seeing as you probably consume worse stuff?

Stephen
02-02-2012, 07:28 PM
just imagine if it became a big thing and you could buy different ones in the shop "Breast Milk - ASIAN EXTRA CREAMY"

or danish blue breast milk cheese

Recursion
02-02-2012, 09:35 PM
Isn't your logic flawed too, by this post? :P Why would you not try it personally - seeing as you probably consume worse stuff?

Yeah, but it's just a general thing :P

Meloneeze.
02-02-2012, 11:35 PM
...This hasn't come around where I live, but if it does, I am never eating cereal, waffles, pancakes, donuts, cheese or anything that involves the word "milk" ever again. I am perfectly fine with lactose milk. *shudder* perfectly fine with it. With breast milk, that is kind of gross. But it is a fair argument. We eat nearly two to three kilograms of dirt each year, so how would this make a difference? Well, for one, I've tried baby food and if it tastes as bad as this milk tastes, then its a no. I can not decide because I have never eaten breast milk cheese. I agree that it is good for vegetarians, but don't ya' think that by the consumption of breast milk cheese, less and less people are going to want to be vegan? And have they considered the mockery on television and in the news? I am perfectly fine with anyones decisions, as long as they consider the consequences and 'do their homework'.
Yes, I could go on rambling about the germs and diseases and afteraffects of eating this. Do research. Get clues. Decide. That's all I have to say. I'm leaving this in "the public"'s favour.

iLogan
02-02-2012, 11:40 PM
Not something that I would try :&

beth
02-02-2012, 11:42 PM
...This hasn't come around where I live, but if it does, I am never eating cereal, waffles, pancakes, donuts, cheese or anything that involves the word "milk" ever again. I am perfectly fine with lactose milk. *shudder* perfectly fine with it. With breast milk, that is kind of gross. But it is a fair argument. We eat nearly two to three kilograms of dirt each year, so how would this make a difference? Well, for one, I've tried baby food and if it tastes as bad as this milk tastes, then its a no. I can not decide because I have never eaten breast milk cheese. I agree that it is good for vegetarians, but don't ya' think that by the consumption of breast milk cheese, less and less people are going to want to be vegan? And have they considered the mockery on television and in the news? I am perfectly fine with anyones decisions, as long as they consider the consequences and 'do their homework'.
Yes, I could go on rambling about the germs and diseases and afteraffects of eating this. Do research. Get clues. Decide. That's all I have to say. I'm leaving this in "the public"'s favour.

don't understand why it's good for vegetarians but will be bad for the publicity of vegans.

GommeInc
04-02-2012, 02:54 AM
don't understand why it's good for vegetarians but will be bad for the publicity of vegans.
It is a strange post. By definition, vegetarians can consume the bi-products of an animal, but not the animal itself. As for vegans, they do not eat anything animal related, and it should technically include human breast milk, because it has come from a living animal.

beth
04-02-2012, 03:13 AM
It is a strange post. By definition, vegetarians can consume the bi-products of an animal, but not the animal itself. As for vegans, they do not eat anything animal related, and it should technically include human breast milk, because it has come from a living animal.

yeah the post confused me completely ha. i've been a vegetarian from birth, never had breast milk (was bottle fed) and don't think it'd be "good" for me start now to be honest.

Empired
04-02-2012, 11:01 AM
I am a vegan and I've certainly heard of it, but I wouldn't want to try it. I don't like cheese and I think I might throw up if I thought about what I was doing... :P

And yeah, it would always be at the back of my mind: knowing that this had still come from an animal as such..

jasey
05-02-2012, 02:19 AM
I am lactose intolerant! Phew. No pressure to try this.

Conspiracy.
20-02-2012, 11:31 PM
Hmmmm. If I was breast feeding a baby I would probably try my own just to see what it tasted like :P I just wouldn't try someone else's breast milk O____O

Ajthedragon
21-02-2012, 08:14 AM
Sounds disgusting. :P

I'll stick to cheddar.

Lee
21-02-2012, 03:53 PM
I am open-minded, but this is not something I'd be up for trying any time soon!

Cerys
21-02-2012, 04:14 PM
Imo, just ew.
I dont really see how vegans support this.. Animal milk - No. Human Milk - Yes. Wth? That's kinda creepy

+ Cheese is gross soooo im fine :3

Judas
23-02-2014, 10:43 PM
this is ******* MENTAL

-Moniquee.
28-02-2014, 12:36 AM
Not something that I would try.

Rachel
28-02-2014, 03:19 AM
This is just gross....I would never ever try it.

OldLoveSong
28-02-2014, 03:36 AM
um wth thats disgusting

Brad
28-02-2014, 04:02 AM
It makes me wonder where our society is going...

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!