PDA

View Full Version : iPad Screen Broken

iLogan
01-02-2012, 04:15 PM
Hello!!!

My iPad's screen has cracked and AppleCare does not cover accidental damage. Can anyone recommend a reputable company that fixes iPads?

+REP

Thread moved by Jordan (Forum Super Moderator): From 'Technology Discussion' to here as more suited

Catchy
01-02-2012, 04:30 PM
Just use Google, you will find some. It aint cheap though my iPod screen is cracked and i was looking at prices and it were about £60 so i'm just buying the screen myself and fitting it myself saves me a lot of money that way but if your not confident in doing so your best to send it in, as i said google is your best friend just make sure they look genuine obviously do your research. the glass screens on idevices are terrible for cracking i just prey it doesn't happen to my iphone

Recursion
01-02-2012, 05:07 PM
I'd go straight to Apple if I were you.

Nige
01-02-2012, 05:17 PM
If you live in Portsmouth, UK my friend repairs them for £110 I believe.

Mr-Trainor
01-02-2012, 05:34 PM
I'd just go to Apple, like [@]@Recursion[/@]; said. If its still under warranty; the people at the genius bar have been known to be a little generous sometimes and you could get lucky :P.

scott
01-02-2012, 05:36 PM
I'd just go to Apple, like [@]@Recursion[/@]; said. If its still under warranty; the people at the genius bar have been known to be a little generous sometimes and you could get lucky :P.

this i cracked my iphone screen and they fixed it for free for me

Mathew
01-02-2012, 05:39 PM
It's not really related to screens but the warranty for my iPad will expire in August... I've heard the batteries tend to deteriorate after a year or so - do they replace them for free? :) Cheers!

Recursion
01-02-2012, 05:46 PM
It's not really related to screens but the warranty for my iPad will expire in August... I've heard the batteries tend to deteriorate after a year or so - do they replace them for free? :) Cheers!

AFAIK They take your iPad and give you a new one for £99.

Mathew
01-02-2012, 06:10 PM
AFAIK They take your iPad and give you a new one for £99.

Oh that's not too bad. I assume that comes without any warranty? :P!

Recursion
01-02-2012, 06:19 PM
Oh that's not too bad. I assume that comes without any warranty? :P!

Apple usually give 90 days warranty on replacements, although I don't know if it applies in this case :(

Mathew
01-02-2012, 06:19 PM
Apple usually give 90 days warranty on replacements, although I don't know if it applies in this case :(

Ah good stuff, thanks for your help! :)

Catchy
02-02-2012, 01:32 AM
just a tip for the future, get it insured!! www.protectyourbubble.com

iLogan
02-02-2012, 05:30 PM
I'd go straight to Apple if I were you.

"What happens next? Because Apple is unable to service your product under the terms of the warranty, an AppleCare Protection Plan, or another Apple repair program; you may wish to consider either paying to have your product repaired or purchasing a new replacement product. If you would like to discuss your options, please call AppleCare at 0844 209 0611 (£0.05 per minute when dialled from a landline within the United Kingdom; call charges may vary when calling from a mobile phone)."

From the email I got from Apple :(

Recursion
02-02-2012, 06:03 PM
That's gonna be one expensive lesson for you!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!