PDA

View Full Version : [BETA] Chrome Mobile!

AgnesIO
07-02-2012, 08:09 PM
Finally it has been released, google chrome for your ICS Sandwich device.

Got it up on my touchpad, really fast seems quite nice :)

Download it here..;https://market.android.com/details?id=com.android.chrome&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5hb mRyb2lkLmNocm9tZSJd

Zuth
07-02-2012, 08:38 PM
Do they have an App for IOS or not?

Mr-Trainor
07-02-2012, 08:58 PM
No, they don't appear to have one for iOS just yet.

Zuth
07-02-2012, 09:03 PM
No, they don't appear to have one for iOS just yet.

Wish they did, I'd be using it all the time lol :(

Stephen
07-02-2012, 09:04 PM
its cos you cant do it on ios. All the browsers on the appstore use safari

apple suck like that

wait i think that's how it is someone correct me if im wrong

Recursion
07-02-2012, 09:19 PM
its cos you cant do it on ios. All the browsers on the appstore use safari

apple suck like that

wait i think that's how it is someone correct me if im wrong

Yeah, all iOS browsers are forced to be based on Safari.

You'll never see a real Chrome app on iOS.

GommeInc
08-02-2012, 03:23 PM
Apparently Chrome for Android is a real game changer, and puts Safari and standard Android browser to shame. Hopefully next month when I get a new phone (Galaxy Nexus, maybe?) I can see what all this hype is all about. The discussions on Google+ by Larry page seemed interesting enough.

Tomm
08-02-2012, 04:23 PM
I'm using it simply because it syncs all my chrome stuff from my google account. Only issue I've noticed at the moment is it seems a bit slow at rendering if you scroll down a complex page quite fast compared to the stock browser. But seeing as it is just a beta at the moment I'm sure they'll beplentyof performanceenhancementsbefore the final release.

AgnesIO
08-02-2012, 04:32 PM
Apparently Chrome for Android is a real game changer, and puts Safari and standard Android browser to shame. Hopefully next month when I get a new phone (Galaxy Nexus, maybe?) I can see what all this hype is all about. The discussions on Google+ by Larry page seemed interesting enough.

Wait for MWC, probably a wider choice of ICS after that :)

AgnesIO
08-02-2012, 04:33 PM

Wouldn't really be beneficial to Google I don't think. If they have it only on their own OS it gives them another selling point

AgnesIO
08-02-2012, 04:35 PM

Does seem quality so far, the syncing from one device to another is superb. The tab system (not sure if you get it on phones, but for tablets..) is really useful, but I do actually prefer the tabs on the standard browser as they seem more finger friendly (clunky, basically.)

peteyt
23-02-2012, 10:56 PM
I hope its true about next Thursday, the Samsung S2 getting android 4 as this will be great for me.

HotelUser
24-02-2012, 08:06 PM

As a very big fan of both Android and iOS I've always favoured the performance of the Safari browser on iOS over the performance of any browsers I've tried on Android.

Recursion
24-02-2012, 08:23 PM
As a very big fan of both Android and iOS I've always favoured the performance of the Safari browser on iOS over the performance of any browsers I've tried on Android.

There are plenty of tests that proves each have strengths and weaknesses over each other.

HotelUser
24-02-2012, 08:29 PM
There are plenty of tests that proves each have strengths and weaknesses over each other.

Probably are and that's all cool, in terms of personal experience I've personally found I can rely on Safari to be more consistant, although the stock browser on my TouchPad is pretty decent and we will see where Chrome goes.

Jutnux
24-02-2012, 09:43 PM
More ways for Google to find out how I use the web? No thanks.

Chippiewill
25-02-2012, 12:41 AM

Although they are both based on webkit so maybe Google will find a way to slip it by.

Recursion
25-02-2012, 12:42 AM
Although they are both based on webkit so maybe Google will find a way to slip it by.

Afaik, all iOS browsers have to use the Safari interface hooks and whatever else, I don't see it happening :P

Chippiewill
25-02-2012, 12:46 AM
Afaik, all iOS browsers have to use the Safari interface hooks and whatever else, I don't see it happening :P
Reason 3534636346436346346346346345345345345 to hate Apple's app store.

Coincidently I'm currently in a very odd point on my counting where it looks made up due to the overuse of 3,4,5 and 6 but it is just by chance - just caught me at a bad time.

-

In seriousness I'm surprised that Apple hasn't been hit by the EU with a massive anti-trust investigation over the app store.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!