PDA

View Full Version : Laptop Screen has gotten knackered!

SaveTheSchool
08-02-2012, 02:39 AM
Well,
It's come to that time where you throw something at the wall and it rebounds into your laptop screen, causing it to break... :-(
as it's only a year and 2 month old. My parents will kill me.
Does anyone know anywhere I'd be able to post it to get it fixed? Warranty only had a year + it wouldn't be able to be used because of damage being done by me and all the places here don't repair screens or replace them. -_-

Please inform me. If this thread shouldn't be here, please let me know where it should be as I am still new to these forums. :L
Thanks.

jasey
08-02-2012, 02:52 AM
I am so sorry that you broke your laptop screen! I know you probably already feel bad about it so I won't comment on how it got broken. If it's an Apple laptop then you should take it to an Apple store. Otherwise, I think you should research computer repair shops with Google to find out who is capable of repairing your screen. If you are really brave, you could try and do it yourself! I am certain there is a kit online for your model.

SaveTheSchool
08-02-2012, 03:09 AM
I feel like a *REMOVED* to be fair. I didn't mean it to smack my laptop so it failed. it's got dead pixels everywhere and a bullet hole like mark.
I would do it myself but to be fair, I really wouldn't want to risk the chance lol...
If anyone sees anything for my certain laptop, I will post my specs under this message. I am on a search, only thing I've seen so far is £85 but I don't have that money...

Packard Bell Easynote TH36-AU-010UK
P/N: LX.BNF02.022
Model: PAWF7
and the screen is an 15.6inch HD LCD.

Edited by Oleh (Forum Moderator): Please do not avoid the filter

Tomm
08-02-2012, 04:20 PM
You're not really going to get it any cheaper than that,especiallyas you don't want to install it yourself.

I feel like a *removed* to be fair. I didn't mean it to smack my laptop so it failed. it's got dead pixels everywhere and a bullet hole like mark.
I would do it myself but to be fair, I really wouldn't want to risk the chance lol...
If anyone sees anything for my certain laptop, I will post my specs under this message. I am on a search, only thing I've seen so far is £85 but I don't have that money...

Packard Bell Easynote TH36-AU-010UK
P/N: LX.BNF02.022
Model: PAWF7
and the screen is an 15.6inch HD LCD.

jasey
09-02-2012, 05:19 AM
You're not really going to get it any cheaper than that,especiallyas you don't want to install it yourself.

Yep - he has it spot on. That's probably as cheap as you're going to get.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!