PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Not working? (+rep)

Gibs960
11-02-2012, 02:43 PM
My PS3 will work on my PS3 at my dads but when I bring it to my mums it doesn't work... We've tried it just with the HDMI, HDMI and AV & just AV; none of them work.

Any help? Any sensible answers will be +repped!

Thread moved by Chris (Forum Moderator): From "Console and Computer Gaming", as it is better suited here!

Thread closed by Jordan (Forum Super Moderator): Due to bump

dbgtz
11-02-2012, 02:54 PM
By "doesn't work" you mean it doesn't output a video signal? If so did you try changing the video output setting to AV before moving the playstation then change it back to hdmi?

Gibs960
11-02-2012, 03:29 PM
By "doesn't work" you mean it doesn't output a video signal? If so did you try changing the video output setting to AV before moving the playstation then change it back to hdmi?

Yeah, no picture. We've tried everything that I mentioned at least twice, any ideas?

Chippiewill
11-02-2012, 03:56 PM
No connectors work at all? If it's just the HD then it could be HDCP related, otherwise you should try testing the Television's inputs with other devices. Finally try using a different power socket, hypothetically the PS3 might not be getting enough power and the GPU not getting power and somehow the PS3 not registering this and giving you a YLOD.

This is of course assuming you've tested back at your Dad's again to check it wasn't damaged in transport.

-Shocked,
09-09-2012, 12:54 AM
Okay your having this problem because i guess your using a hdmi and your dads and AV at your mums.
To Solve this issue Shutdown your playstation then hold in the power button
untill it rebbots then shutsdown then hold in the button again untill your playstation beeps twice then let go,
a panel should come up just exit that then your fine!

Edited by Jordan (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not bump old threads

Demi
09-09-2012, 09:12 AM
If all else fails, you broke your hdmi. Buy new one!

FiftyCal
09-09-2012, 10:37 PM
And you two just had to bring up old threads, months later i'm sure it's fixed by now...

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!