PDA

View Full Version : 5 New prestiges.

Oleh
11-02-2012, 03:21 PM
http://screensnapr.com/e/NlziOk.png
Today, the PC version of Modern Warfare 3 was updated to implement 5 more prestiges, bringing the total cap to 15 (previously 10).To convert the prestige/levels, that’s 400 levels added overall, quite a large sum for the average Call of Duty gamer.This was skeptical to many gamers, although it was confirmed by fourzerotwo (Robert Bowling, Infinity Ward Creative Strategist), today on Twitter.http://screensnapr.com/e/hDzAAA.png
Although this only currently applies to PC gamers, it will undoubtedly be implemented for the consoles that support the game, as confirmed yet again by fourzerotwo.
Coming from a ’10 prestiger’, I don’t personally mind the change. I’ve spotted many a gamers who have already surpassed the previous cap, which leaves a small purpose in continuing to play. Now that there is a reason, I have an incentive to continue to play and level up (when the update applies to console games).
That’s just my view on the subject. What do you have to say? Do you think the extra addition of prestiges is good, or is it a burden to your playing experience? Do you think the icons are sleek and appealing, or rather a ‘tacky’ set of icons?

Not written by me.

Chris
11-02-2012, 03:27 PM
I didn't expect them to add more prestiges :O I got bored and decided not to prestige, so this wont effect me.

j0rd
11-02-2012, 03:29 PM
Surprisedthey hadn't added it in with the new map packs, or sold themseparately!

Chippiewill
11-02-2012, 03:40 PM
They should implement an infinite prestige system but after ten prestiges have the rank cap on each prestige increase by ten. They wouldn't have to produce too much more artwork either as after prestige twenty you'd be looking at 180 ranks for each prestige, getting to the end of each prestige would take a while since the XP for each rank increases each time, after rank 70 it's around 1500 extra XP for each rank, if it increased even more each rank you could be looking at more XP for a single rank than for an entire prestige before prestige 10. This would separate the casual, the good, the serious, the pros and the obsessed and allow for rewarding dedicated fans.

samsaBEAR
13-02-2012, 12:56 PM
I think it's a great idea, I'm averaging a prestige a week at the moment so the game is going to get very stale in a couple of weeks time for me. Wish the icons didn't look so ****** though

Ajthedragon
14-02-2012, 08:36 PM
I'm only on prestige 2, I doubt I'll ever get to prestige 5 in reality.

I guess it's good for the addicts though. :rolleyes:

samsaBEAR
18-02-2012, 12:31 PM
I'm only on prestige 2, I doubt I'll ever get to prestige 5 in reality.

I guess it's good for the addicts though. :rolleyes:
you don't need to be addicted to prestige quickly in mw3, it's very easy to rank up fast if you're a good player

Ajthedragon
18-02-2012, 12:39 PM
you don't need to be addicted to prestige quickly in mw3, it's very easy to rank up fast if you're a good player

Depends on what game modes you play.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!