PDA

View Full Version : New Xbox controller-Tablet confirmed

Oleh
11-02-2012, 03:22 PM
As seen in the snapshot article below, scans of Xbox World for April 2012 are announcing a new Xbox at E3, which could very well be the Xbox 720.
http://www.evilsourcegaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/mG5vh.jpg
The article essentially explains everything, but it does lead to a lot of questions like “it is really only the controller?” “Are Microsoft really going to route of tablets for a controller ala the WiiU?” There are many more, but I would like to hear what you guys think of all of this rather than spoon feeding you the warrants.So, what do you guys think? Personally, I don’t really mind that they go this route, as long as they offer and support regular controllers for whatever device this ends up coming out on. I am also not so keen on the projected price mentioned in the article, as nearly $600 is far too much for a console.

Not written by me.

Chippiewill
11-02-2012, 03:51 PM
I'm going to speculate it's not Xbox related and instead they're working on Games for Windows Live with dev units, probably working on aligning the interfaces a little bit.

Touch screen doesn't make sense for the Xbox core-demographic and this would just give the PlayStation the opportunity it needs. If this is for the Xbox then they won't make it a default option, they won't be able to hit the price-point that gained them so much ground last time around.

GoldenMerc
11-02-2012, 09:43 PM
I wouldn't pay over £100 for a controller, looks good mind

Chris
11-02-2012, 09:48 PM
Sounds pretty impressive but far too expensive!

xxMATTGxx
11-02-2012, 09:49 PM
It wouldn't be the only controller, they would still have a controller like they do today. Just because people would complain about that and it wouldn't fit the Xbox at all. Now a touch-screen controller could be part of the next Xbox but optional, like the Kinect is optional.

I was wondering if the tablets that come with Windows 8 pre-installed would be able to interact with the next Xbox in the way the article is going on by? You can currently interact sort of with a Windows Phone 7 device and an Xbox 360. It's interesting but nothing to worried about by current Xbox/future Xbox owners as the controller you are all used to will remain.

SaveTheSchool
12-02-2012, 05:10 AM
Hmm, I have mutual feelings about this... I do like the idea for it as a tablet controller but I don't as in, it'll be pretty pricey AND pretty fragile I'd imagine.
Can't really say anything 'till we see it announced at E3 whether it WILL be this year or not, been alot saying it could be 2013 or 2014.
Still, wouldn't mind it I guess. Next Generation is getting very clever.

FiftyCal
12-02-2012, 05:53 AM
No Thanks, i'll stick with my xbox 360 controller.

samsaBEAR
13-02-2012, 12:58 PM
No Thanks, i'll stick with my xbox 360 controller.

This. I don't want my Xbox to be some big old media hub ****, I just want to sit down, put a game in and play the game using a normal controller like the lord intended

Ajthedragon
25-02-2012, 09:48 PM
I don't want all this crap they're incorporating into theXbox. I just want a console with arechargeableremote, sorted. :P

Sounds too expensive...

Succubus
25-02-2012, 11:20 PM
Costly!
But sounds good.

GommeInc
25-02-2012, 11:42 PM
Interesting, but seems to be an Xbox version of the WiiU remote :/ It's a good idea to have consoles talk to other devices, like Windows Phone, Windows OS etc, but to have a specific controller seems a bit over board, but I assume it can be used as something else other than just an Xbox controller.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!