PDA

View Full Version : Payment

Richie
13-02-2012, 07:48 PM
Hey,
I got fired a week ago and got paid 86euro this week (which i wasn't meant to get) I assumed it was for holiday pay. I normally got paid over 200. Can the company force me to give that back and what would happen if i didn't comply with them?After allit is their fault.

beth
13-02-2012, 07:52 PM
okay my sister has got this currently, she was "let go" from a job after only 2 shifts and they paid her for 3 months. she thought they were paying her what she was owed as her contract was cut short of what was advertised, but recently she's had letters from debt collectors saying next were taking her to court for this 100 quid she had taken without working for it.

i'd be extremely careful.

Richie
13-02-2012, 07:56 PM
Justreceiveda phone call saying it was okay and it was for overtime PHEW spent it already and unemployed. OOPS

Shar
13-02-2012, 07:58 PM
okay my sister has got this currently, she was "let go" from a job after only 2 shifts and they paid her for 3 months. she thought they were paying her what she was owed as her contract was cut short of what was advertised, but recently she's had letters from debt collectors saying next were taking her to court for this 100 quid she had taken without working for it.

What?! :/
Didn't know that could happen but I'll remember that in case it ever happens to me, hopefully it won't.

beth
13-02-2012, 08:00 PM
What?! :/
Didn't know that could happen but I'll remember that in case it ever happens to me, hopefully it won't.

yep she had an 8 week contract, they only ever gave her two shifts and then she got a letter saying she was let go. this was julyish time but they paid her until the end of september, she thought they were paying her contract out.

then like november time we got a letter from next ltd asking for the money back, and then a debt collector started hassling her. she's agreed to pay like £10 a week back i think cause she's only a student and they've added all these fines.

jasey
13-02-2012, 08:03 PM
I'm glad everything turned out alright. That can be a tricky topic depending on the labour laws in your country.

Cerys
16-02-2012, 03:26 PM

Ooft. That's unlucky D:

Reminds me of that couple who got 5million or something stupid accidently put into the bank account, they took it all and left the country. xD

Catchy
17-02-2012, 11:54 AM
yep she had an 8 week contract, they only ever gave her two shifts and then she got a letter saying she was let go. this was julyish time but they paid her until the end of september, she thought they were paying her contract out.

then like november time we got a letter from next ltd asking for the money back, and then a debt collector started hassling her. she's agreed to pay like £10 a week back i think cause she's only a student and they've added all these fines.

Eurg could've guessed it would be next... They only gave her 2 shifts? What the hell? I was a temp at next a few years ago on a temp contract and I was pretty much working everyday haha. Yeah though NEXT is a terrible company to work for.

wixard
17-02-2012, 12:32 PM
i'm in the complete opposite position
MY MANAGER KEEPS CUTTING MY WAGES SHORT
it's really irritating me and i'm terrified to say it to him :'( but i'm in today and my payslip will be there
so maybe i'll just show it to him

Recursion
17-02-2012, 04:41 PM
Ooft. That's unlucky D:

Reminds me of that couple who got 5million or something stupid accidently put into the bank account, they took it all and left the country. xD

Stupid thing to do, they'll likely be on the European police system now, so when they try to cross a border, bam!

Cerys
17-02-2012, 04:45 PM
Stupid thing to do, they'll likely be on the European police system now, so when they try to cross a border, bam!

It was a few years back now, everyones forgotten about them and nothing more on the news was said about it, so I'm guessing they changed their names and everything so it'd be impossible to find them now

Recursion
17-02-2012, 04:47 PM
It was a few years back now, everyones forgotten about them and nothing more on the news was said about it, so I'm guessing they changed their names and everything so it'd be impossible to find them now

There's always a paper trail.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!