PDA

View Full Version : Brain-Blowing Books! - Ends 21st February

Alex3213
13-02-2012, 08:47 PM
I love books. I am very unmotivated to read them, admittedly, however the amount of stuff I actually know and learn from them is absolutely mind-boggling (is that a word?!) I am running out of stuff to read though (for the purpose of this competition, I currently am not reading the Harry Potter books) so I need some help! What shall I read? I am into anything. You just have to say the book I should read and a reason to match with it. The most persuasive reason will win! Keep it clean, as usual. Good luck!

Prize: 5 credits + 10 rep

Empired
16-02-2012, 09:34 PM
Read Shakespeare. Don't read them at night if you actually plan on sleeping as I find it quite hard to sleep with my eyesglued to a page because I am so gripped I cannot tear them away for one single second. Ignore all the King plays (Richard III, etc) as they are a waste of time. I don't need to persuade you because the plays will do that for themselves :(

They're not books but you can read them.. does that count?

Yupt
16-02-2012, 10:39 PM
Carol ann Duffy, New poems.

Cos she's a dirty lesbian poet and you'd love her. MWAH.

monkey-anne
18-02-2012, 07:19 PM
Lovely Bones

about a 12 or 13 year old girl who gets murdered she tells the story of how it happeneds and what its like feeling that she is killed.
she has no idea that the person who killed her could be so mean.

Zelda
19-02-2012, 01:19 PM
Watership down , as there is fluffy rabbits that are getting killed by other fluffy rabbits and it's very emotional and moving, and also violent and exciting and captivating :)

Blackberry..
19-02-2012, 08:33 PM
Big fish, little fish, by dr seuss, because it is captivating and moving and you get emotionallyattachedto the fish. The way seuss rhymes every sentence is so moving.

Sacha
19-02-2012, 09:32 PM
The book 'Me before you'
This book is an amazing story about two people who just can't be bothered with lifeany more(which is a shame!!) andbasicallyafter fate brings them together they change each others life for the better. It's great.

Eric
21-02-2012, 01:56 PM
eat, pray, love.

cause it's so boring that it captivates you!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!