PDA

View Full Version : Good laptops from this site under £500?

Markeh
16-02-2012, 02:08 PM
This is for my gran, all she needs to do is print and browse the web (however, reliability and performance are very important factors). She currently has a Compaq Presario V4000 and likes it, so something similar to this would be very ideal.
Has to be fromhttp://www.kandco.com/electricals/laptops-netbooks/e/b/4873/s/bestsellers,0.end?trail=4739-4873and also must have:Webcam and mic802.11n wifiBest performance possible for under £500Ideally 4GB RAM and 64-bit (futureproofing)
Any advice would be strongly appreciated.

Catchy
16-02-2012, 10:20 PM
@Markeh

I wouldn't of thought your nan would need something with 4GB of ram just to surf the net? Fair do's to her though, I'd avoid netbooks at all costs the performance on them seems to never be very good and don't get me started on the small screens. Is she going to pay for this on credit or upfront? cause when you pay on credit the price goes up by loads of these sorts of department websites.

But yeah this one caught my eye straight away, HP G6-1251SA (http://www.kandco.com/hp-g6-1251sa-pentium-dual-core-4gb-ram-500gb-hard-drive-156-inch-laptop---charcoal-grey/1026271195.prd?browseToken=%2fb%2f4873%2fs%2fbests ellers%2c0%2fr%2f100&amp[/@];trail=4739-4873)(£479 or £4.71 per week which is nothing really but the interest will have you paying loads more than £479 if it was taken out on finance)

I love HP's because I think they're really nice and this one I think the keyboard looks fab a really nice and clean layout, also it has a nice big touchpad so it'll be easy for her to move the mouse around etc. Windows 7 home premium which is good, no one want's to be lumbered with Windows starter edition eurg... 500gb HD loads of space for her, webcam and built in mic too.

You can probably find cheaper ones on there with near enough the same orsimilarspecs but I'd say HP laptops are pretty reliable I've had a couple and loved every single one :)

Anyway good luck in finding the right laptop I'm sure she will love it whichever one you choose!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!