PDA

View Full Version : New wireless printer not working properly

Markeh
18-02-2012, 09:51 AM
Printer is an Epson SX435W

Set it up the first time, fine, found the printer no problems at all, worked fine. After that, nothing. The printer's IP times out when you attempt to access it (usually it gives a status page), the printer cannot be found on the network, yet the printer says it is connected wirelessly and working fine, and will gladly print me a status report. The router is a VM Superhub, and the PCs we have tried include:

Compaq Presario V4000
Fujitsu Amilo D1845
Both laptops are on XP

The printer is barely 2 weeks old - is this a problem with the printer (which otherwise prints fine) or something else?

Recursion
18-02-2012, 10:28 AM
Remove the printer from your computer and try readding it. Perhaps it DHCP gave it a new IP and your computer isn't aware of it.

GommeInc
18-02-2012, 12:39 PM
Does the printer have an admin/network page when you access it online e.g. 192.168.2.2? If so, some printers have a page which allows you to set an IP it will always have so if it is a problem with the IP changing then this could solve it. HP printers have such a setting, not sure about Epson though.

Another problem could be XP itself, I've had a few prnters which didn't like XP and vice versa, but it seems you've installed it using a disc rather than have XP find the drivers and install them, so this may not be the problem.

beth
18-02-2012, 12:45 PM
we have a problem with our epson printer in our house working wirelessly, i don't know if it's stupidly hard to set up or something, but we've never managed it. works fine wired.

also have a virgin media superhub, but i'm on vista and my sister was on 7.

Markeh
20-02-2012, 04:00 PM
Yeah, I cannot access the status page at the IP (192.168.0.2), it times out. I know this is the IP of the printer as it tells me this on the network status report the printer prints out (and the printer is connected according to this)

I have a different Epson printer set up on our own network with wireless working fine. I think the printer's just a duff one.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!