PDA

View Full Version : The Sims 3

Conspiracy.
20-02-2012, 12:33 AM
Any Sims 3 fans here? :) I've played the Sims since The Sims 1 (well, "The Sims") and I love them. Problem is I spend more time downloading custom content than playing the game right now :P I then wonder why my game takes so bloody long to load.

dirrty
20-02-2012, 12:38 AM
love all the sims - can't play em too often as i get addicted and end up playing it for the whole day, but generally they're one of my favourite games. i usually play sims 2 more than 3 though. preference really...

Conspiracy.
20-02-2012, 12:41 AM
Know how you feel :P I played Sims 2 wayyyyy too much when I was younger, it got a little worrying :P I can't go back to Sims 2 again D: I'm too used to Create a Style now. I never use the default style for anything.

dirrty
20-02-2012, 12:43 AM
i mainly prefer sims 2 because there are better mods and they look better haha :P but then i prefer sims 3 as everyone in the neighbourhood ages at the same time.

Chris
20-02-2012, 12:46 AM
Woo I love The Sims. I actually prefer sims 2 to sims 3, not sure why!

MKR&*42
20-02-2012, 12:53 AM
I prefer the sims 2 over the sims 3 as well - I just think the sims 3 goes into wayyyy too much detail (it's also quite slow on my laptop). But then again, it's about mimicking real life (SORT OF :l) so meh.

I've played the sims 3 a bit - still not my fav. :P

-Charityy
20-02-2012, 01:12 AM
I love Sims 3! I just got done playing it as a matter of fact. I definitely prefer it over Sims 2, although I was addicted to it too when it came out. I also have a custom content addiction problem :$ I have downloaded well over 300 clothes and 100 hairstyles. I've never experienced any trouble with the Sims 3 running slow on my laptop, but I have heard many people saying that's why they play the Sims 2 instead (like Warren said above). My laptop definitely isn't anything special or new but it handles it very well so I could never go back to the Sims 2. I love the detail in the Sims 3.

MKR&*42
20-02-2012, 01:27 AM
I prefer the sims 2 over the sims 3 as well - I just think the sims 3 goes into wayyyy too much detail (it's also quite slow on my laptop). But then again, it's about mimicking real life (SORT OF :l) so meh.

I've played the sims 3 a bit - still not my fav. :P

I forgot to mention Sims 1 D:

OT: I ADORE THE SIMS 1 <3 THE ORIGINAL IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING ;3 - It's my 2nd fav. (Sims 3 is last, sorry x) - I might install some of the old sims 1 games I have again aha :3 - Sims 1, Sims 1 hot date, and sims 1 unleashed (Think I lost the serial code though X_x)

Conspiracy.
20-02-2012, 02:29 PM
I wish I could install The Sims on my iMac and play it for nostalgic reasons. I only have PC versions of the originals -___- I doubt I could play it all the time. The children didn't even grow up D:

dirrty
20-02-2012, 02:33 PM
sims makin' magic > everything else. WHY ISN'T THERE A MAGIC EXPANSION PACK FOR SIMS 3 YET, who do i have to kill for one to be made

-Charityy
20-02-2012, 02:49 PM
sims makin' magic > everything else. WHY ISN'T THERE A MAGIC EXPANSION PACK FOR SIMS 3 YET, who do i have to kill for one to be made

^ Agreed. Was there a magic one for Sims 2? I don't remember, but if so I think they should definitely make one of Sims 3. I loved Sims Makin' Magic lol.

dirrty
20-02-2012, 03:12 PM
^ Agreed. Was there a magic one for Sims 2? I don't remember, but if so I think they should definitely make one of Sims 3. I loved Sims Makin' Magic lol.
there was sims 2 apartment life (or something like that) and they had witches in that, but still i just want an expansion pack dedicated to magic.

Zuth
20-02-2012, 05:39 PM
Got it a few days ago, dont like it how you have to shop for food lol :(

dbgtz
20-02-2012, 05:56 PM
The expansions for the sims 3 are complete ****. I want a magic one and a business one (which I don't understand wasn't implemented from the start considering the ease of going around the whole town).

Samantha
20-02-2012, 06:17 PM
I got the Sims 3 on the DS ages ago and it is the most rubbish game ever (on the DS) I prefer Sims on the PC and PS2 got every single PS2 game and the Sims Bustin' out has to be my favourite for that. However, I like Sims 2 as well as mainly I used to cheat on it, I made mine look like an alien Carol Vordeman. However, I will always say Sims original for PS2 was great but I have all the Sims PC games and I love that too because of the option to have 8 in your family not four.

You have urged me to find the game.

MKR&*42
20-02-2012, 06:40 PM
I got the Sims 3 on the DS ages ago and it is the most rubbish game ever (on the DS) I prefer Sims on the PC and PS2 got every single PS2 game and the Sims Bustin' out has to be my favourite for that. However, I like Sims 2 as well as mainly I used to cheat on it, I made mine look like an alien Carol Vordeman. However, I will always say Sims original for PS2 was great but I have all the Sims PC games and I love that too because of the option to have 8 in your family not four.

You have urged me to find the game.

Sims 3 is definitely absolute **** on the DS. I prefer Sims on the PC compared to all other gaming consoles. I have some Sims games on the DS and like 2/3 on the PS2 (mg, haven't used my ps2 in years) - but apart from that, the majority are on PC.

Martin
20-02-2012, 06:45 PM
I got sims 3 when it first came out however I didn't play it for very long. Found it a step backwards from sims 2 if anything and I guess I was just too used to sims 2.

My favourite expansion pack is 'open for business', since I enjoy making shops/businesses etc and you cant really do this on the sims 3.

I've made a supermarket on the sims 2, and have used a mod to allow me to hire 16 employees who I have trained on checkouts, shop floor, bakery, fresh flowers, restocking etc, and everything works kinda like a real supermarket LOL (gosh im sad).

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3865423/cashregistersupermarket.png

Conspiracy.
20-02-2012, 08:52 PM
Holy cow D: LOL. I didn't like Open For Business, it wasn't my thing. There are some magic items on the Sims 3 store now :)

http://gb.store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?scategoryId=13062&index=0&productId=OFB-SIM3:46608

They're quite pricey though. Then again you would pay that much for a stuff pack or whatever.

Hushie
20-02-2012, 08:57 PM
I love the Sims so badly, and I agree Open for business was the best one by FAR. But university was fun too.

-Charityy
20-02-2012, 09:02 PM
Ahaha that's really cool Martin! I never played Open for Business, but I wouldn't mind if they made something similar to that for the Sims 3. I don't like many of the Sims 3 expansions so far, Pets would be my favorite I guess.

MKR&*42
20-02-2012, 09:10 PM
I love the Sims so badly, and I agree Open for business was the best one by FAR. But university was fun too.

Sims 2 University is amazing <3_<3

Ahaha that's really cool Martin! I never played Open for Business, but I wouldn't mind if they made something similar to that for the Sims 3. I don't like many of the Sims 3 expansions so far, Pets would be my favorite I guess.

I played it a little bit, it's quite good tbqh - You should definitely consider getting it! :) (Or you could pray that they make something similar for sims 3 lmao.)

Lovely supermarket btw Martin <3

Jordan
20-02-2012, 09:47 PM
I use to play the sims when I had a laptop but since that has died and I have moved to my old computer I haven't managed to play it. It is such a fun game to play and I never get bored, I've never managed to play the Sims 3 and will really hope to when I can.

Hushie
20-02-2012, 10:02 PM
Sims 2 University is amazing <3_<3

The cow plant. Oh my god how fun!

MKR&*42
20-02-2012, 10:07 PM
The cow plant. Oh my god how fun!

The cow plant LMAO. I used to trap sims in a fence, put a cow plant there and let the fun begin ;)

Ah I love killing sims (Sims-mass-murderer I am ;))

-Charityy
20-02-2012, 10:15 PM
The cow plant LMAO. I used to trap sims in a fence, put a cow plant there and let the fun begin ;)

Ah I love killing sims (Sims-mass-murderer I am ;))

Lol I used to build a room with a fireplace and a chair in front of the fire and make the sims go in the room and then remove the door so then the chair will eventually catch on fire with them sitting in it or they would just die of starvation.

MKR&*42
20-02-2012, 10:38 PM
Lol I used to build a room with a fireplace and a chair in front of the fire and make the sims go in the room and then remove the door so then the chair will eventually catch on fire with them sitting in it or they would just die of starvation.

Ah, I've also started fires - but I use it via 'tv dinners' or w.e. Because it's a 2 stage process, I just cancel the 2nd action of "getting the food", meaning it keeps cooking and burns ;). I did it on the sims 1 and managed to burn down the huge mansion lmfao.

Kronics
20-02-2012, 10:55 PM
Ive got all the Sims :D But I don't know if I should get the Sims Pirate one though... I have medievil, but it isn't that good lol

GommeInc
21-02-2012, 12:10 AM
Sims 2 = far superior to the Sims 3. The Sims 3 is the result of hiring apes who know nothing of how to make games. It's a huge disappointment as far as the franchise goes. It's fun, but The Sims and The Sims 2 had far better replay value and kept you playing for longer. I miss shops and creativity :(

Conspiracy.
21-02-2012, 12:11 AM
Most Sims fans seem to hate Sims 3 :/ I must be the odd one :P

Meloneeze.
21-02-2012, 02:51 AM
I actually like Sims 3 because of the stunning detail but when I first got it I was a little shocked because it wasn't nearly as same as te Sims 2. I prefer the Sims 3 because of the detail and the freeness you get in the game, however I have found that it is much harder to imregnate your sims because they have to have a high relationship, ect, however as in the Sims 2 all you had to have was a bed, two sims, and a married status...but furthermore, in the Sims 3 I have found it is slightly more fun to kill your sim... small room in the middle of nowhere, a stove, and a chair( just so my sim gets to relax while they die XD) and MAYBE a bookcase( i don't know why, classy?). I wanna know where that reaper goes... oh and I only have three expanion packs installed in Sims 3: Pets( which is great with horses EEE! oh and graphics for them are amazzing), World Adventures( China, France, Egypt, oh my!), and Ambitions( Almost got my sim to mastor inventor...ONCE. She made a magic metal gnome and it was soo cute and then when she had her baby and killed her husband the gnome disappeared...my families are wacky). I do like the Sims 2 because of the university( wish they had that in Sims 3, imagine!) and the fact that in Create a Family when you move the sim left or right their hair sways...wish they had that in the newer version...sadly also I cannot play it( the Sims 3) on my laptop because it needs major downloads and I don't wanna waste money on the laptop. Also, I have made a strickly eco-friendly sim once--green an' all. She had a stove and basic appliances on this empty lot XD also she slept in a tent from World Adventures.

That's pretty much all...

Conspiracy.
21-02-2012, 02:22 PM
Does anyone have any NRaas mods installed?

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/

I love them so much <3333 The Woohooer, Relativity and Master Controller are my favourites :) And NoCD because I had horrible problems with the disc authentication system on my iMac. 50% of the time I would open the game and it would tell me my CD wasn't a genuine Sims 3 CD :| even though it was.

-Charityy
21-02-2012, 02:28 PM
I used to have the Woohooer mod I believe, but my computer crashed and I had to delete EVERYTHING then I couldn't find my Sims 3 disc so I downloaded a copy of the sims :$ LOL. I'm not sure if mods would work on it or not because I can't update it and I don't want to risk my game completely dying as I am in the middle of a 100 baby challenge lol.

Conspiracy.
21-02-2012, 02:55 PM
Yeah, that is a problem with mods. You have to be really careful with patches and updates >.>

Gibs960
21-02-2012, 06:22 PM
I prefer Sims 2 just because I played it more and found it easier to get in to.

peteyt
22-02-2012, 04:27 AM
I have some of the original sims like Making Magic, Superstar but I never play them these days.

The whole franchise to me is too money making - basically they release a load of add-ons and then they make the next major game and they don't include the stuff that where in the add-ons so basically if you want them you have to buy the add-ons again for the new game. It obviously works as people do buy them though.

Sloths
22-02-2012, 05:19 AM
I recently installed my sims 2 again on my computer which is far the best one, with university the best addon game for 2. Currently doing the 10baby/6married thingy.
Although making magic was the best addon, I just loved the pet dragons haha xD

fattiO
22-02-2012, 04:16 PM
I've never played the sims 2 but I have a question have any of you heard of the expansion barnicle bay, it just seems to haveappeared from no where? thankyou xx

Zuth
22-02-2012, 04:46 PM
I've never played the sims 2 but I have a question have any of you heard of the expansion barnicle bay, it just seems to haveappeared from no where? thankyou xx

I've not heard of this :P

Conspiracy.
22-02-2012, 05:28 PM
It's a neighbourhood from the Sims 3 store :)

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Barnacle_Bay

Empired
22-02-2012, 05:56 PM
I like the Sims 3 the best, sorry :( and Sims 3 Ambitions clothing is pretty flashy!

Zuth
22-02-2012, 06:22 PM
Oh right! Cheers :)

FlyingJesus
22-02-2012, 06:38 PM
I have Sims 3 but no expansions because I'm cheap and downloaded it and cba looking for a version that's compatible etc etc., might get Sims 2 though as it sounds better and will obv be cheapz now

fattiO
27-02-2012, 08:24 PM

thanks <3

Empired
27-02-2012, 09:04 PM
Sims 3 is fab I am addict woo

Vause
28-02-2012, 10:40 AM
I haven't played the sims 3, I was gonna get it but I guess I'm so addicted to the normal sims and sims 2, lol. I'll get it eventually!

Conspiracy.
28-02-2012, 11:03 AM
Play itttttttt :D :D :D

Jazz
28-02-2012, 03:34 PM
ive always liked sims 2 over any other sims, love all of the sims though! :-D

JennaDoll
03-03-2012, 09:58 PM
I haven't played the sims in a while. I still have most of the sims 2 expansion packs. When I get a new computer I can play again! I had tons of cc, I loved to dress up my sims and build houses than actually play lol.

FiftyCal
15-03-2012, 10:56 PM
It's nice to go to shopping without loading screens! And its nice to go to your neighbors house without loading screens too. I love Sims 3.

Judge Judy
23-03-2012, 08:13 PM
I wish I could say I enjoy it but it keeps crashing to the desktop roughly a few seconds after moving a Sim into a town. :( Bought it all with the expansion packs on the Steam sale too. hmm.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!