PDA

View Full Version : Paul LaFontaine tweets

Michael
21-02-2012, 04:25 PM
[@]@PaulLaFo[/@] Updating the habbo hotel may affect the catalog? New collections, or the end of them ...?

[@]@HinneHabbo[/@] Catalog needs to keep being updated, so it may affect it. But we need to keep it fresh with new items.

[@]@PaulLaFo[/@] Sulake is in crisis???

[@]@MeshPadOficial[/@] Not that I know of. We need to get a lot better and make the Hotel a really insanely fun place. Thats the focus

[@]@PaulLaFo[/@] When will we notice the changes in Habbo? (Sorry for Bad English)

[@]@iPhilippus[/@] You English OK. Check with staff Friday for answers on new features. Before we change we show and test ideas to make them good

[@]@PaulLaFo[/@] The history of the fan sites will become official?

[@]@_Wiinks[/@] I don't now about how this works. We need to cooperate together better with fansites.

[@]@PaulLaFo[/@] The only language that I have control is mine hahahahahaha. Is there any news on the closure of some offices? Thanks

[@]@_425936074859[/@] :) No new news. Meet people Friday and you'll see how we open up staff for you.

[@]@PaulLaFo[/@] Opens a form in habbo.com.br / articles. Habbos Brazilian managers want? ( ) Yes or ( ) No?

[@]@RobertoZens[/@] Ah, ok many many things we want your opinion. YOU being the center of Habbo is what we do now. Its important to us.

[@]@PaulLaFo[/@] Why not turn to the Habbo X?, Would habbo guides to ... would be nice to have them again

[@]@RafaelAdams[/@] I like Habbo X. We need to redesign for modern days. Thanks Raf

[@]@PaulLaFo[/@] how about an open API for developers? would be great for fansites and as well for your partners (marketing and stuff)..

[@]@cigaretteashx[/@] That is an excellent idea, and we are secretly working on that API now. Don't tell anyone :)

[@]@PaulLaFo[/@] omg im so looking forward to it! great news! thanks! :)

[@]@cigaretteashx[/@] we'll get a lot of third party content which will make the Hotel a place full of great new stuff!

The last quote is significately the biggest change Habbo could ever see.

karter
21-02-2012, 04:30 PM
I read all of his tweets today, even met Kitano but he chose to ignore all the questions. I just hope that staff run competitions dont end, if thats what they mean by user friendly and stuff..

Jazz
21-02-2012, 05:17 PM
looks very interesting, looking forward to seeing what comes from this

geo
21-02-2012, 05:20 PM
I'd really miss staff run competitions.. hope they don't end them like Kart said. Anyway, most of it seems interesting. :)

Michael
21-02-2012, 05:52 PM
Habbo with us being able to make our own furni sounds great.

xxMATTGxx
21-02-2012, 05:57 PM
In terms of Fansites (From yesterday but I was tweeting him last week about fansites and Habbox):

@Habbox @Habbo Would really like your thoughts on how it works. New way of working with users, and fansites. Cheers

@Habbox @paullafo We are drawing up a plan to work with cool fan sites like yours! More to follow v.soon and your feedback is welcome.

Of course I have shared our views on how they can improve the relationship to Paul and to the rest of the Sulake gang on twitter and in the research lab. Good news so far! :)

Michael
21-02-2012, 09:04 PM
[@]@PaulLaFo[/@] Tell me more about API ;)

[@]@michael_yep[/@] Check out friday when we have staff available to comment!

[@]@PaulLaFo[/@] Is Habbo going to be all User-made-content soon?

[@]@michael_yep[/@] More and more I think. With good games and tools to make it easier to connect and share content. Sound better?

Sounds very cool, creating our own furni!

xxMATTGxx
21-02-2012, 10:31 PM
They are introducing the new staff to us on Friday.

Ajthedragon
21-02-2012, 10:32 PM
What's an API? :P

xxMATTGxx
21-02-2012, 10:35 PM
What's an API? :P

API is short for: Application programming interface. Basically if they release API's to the public then it means other software developers can design stuff for Habbo. (I hope I've got that correct)

Ajthedragon
21-02-2012, 10:37 PM
API is short for: Application programming interface. Basically if they release API's to the public then it means other software developers can design stuff for Habbo. (I hope I've got that correct)

In a sense it's like allowing applications to be integrated into Facebook? Such as the Habbo application.

xxMATTGxx
21-02-2012, 10:42 PM
In a sense it's like allowing applications to beintegratedinto Facebook? Such as the Habbo application.

Yeah that's a good example.

Aaron
21-02-2012, 10:48 PM
Sounds great, looking forward to it. :)

karter
22-02-2012, 10:26 AM
It seems they are giving fansites 'power', no offence to anyone but most of the fansite events are biased, this would just not work...

xxMATTGxx
22-02-2012, 10:28 AM
It seems they are giving fansites 'power', no offence to anyone but most of the fansite events are biased, this would just not work...

What do you mean by power?

karter
22-02-2012, 04:44 PM
What do you mean by power?

Don't know, have read this on many habbo groups like The Habbo Research Lab, people think that fansites may get some power to host competitions and stuff at a bigger scale.

We want to turn the tables around, giving you the power to do more in Habbo. This means refocusing our resources to make sure that you guys have the tools you need to run better events, games and competitions, developing features that make it easier to interact and find friends in the Hotel, creating new and better games, and also, ways for you to get fame for the things you do in a way that is fair and fun!

xxMATTGxx
22-02-2012, 05:32 PM
Don't know, have read this on many habbo groups like The Habbo Research Lab, people think that fansites may get some power to host competitions and stuff at a bigger scale.

That was more aimed at Habbo overall and not just aimed at fansites as what you have put in your post is from their recent FAQ:

* Will there still be campaigns and competitions?
We want to turn the tables around, giving you the power to do more in Habbo. This means refocusing our resources to make sure that you guys have the tools you need to run better events, games and competitions, developing features that make it easier to interact and find friends in the Hotel, creating new and better games, and also, ways for you to get fame for the things you do in a way that is fair and fun!

Michael
22-02-2012, 06:15 PM
[@]@PaulLaFo[/@] Hello Paul, When does the brazilian Habbo meet there new Staff?

[@]@MylesHabbo[/@] We won't have staff giving away badges to users in the Hotel any more. But you will get more products! Thanks for tweet

Bye bye badges!

MKR&*42
22-02-2012, 07:27 PM
Bye bye badges!

Wow o.O. That's a bit shocking - Are we even going to be getting anything from staff? First, less competition prizes and now no badges.

I wish they'd just post a news article on Habbo and reveal everything </3

xxMATTGxx
23-02-2012, 05:54 PM
"[@]@CraiggJ[/@] asked if we are automating moderation. Opposite. We need some self moderation like the old X program and staff. Still designing it!"

Interesting

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!