PDA

View Full Version : Adele cut off during her acceptance speech Brit Awards 2012

Eric
25-02-2012, 01:26 AM
She was getting cut off rudely so Blur could perform.

Contains rude gestures

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Us78Mw3Fr9U

Lamz
25-02-2012, 01:38 AM
old news but hey...

Apology from ITV:

It seems Adele wasn’t the only one upset that her 2012 BRIT Awards acceptance speech was cut short Tuesday night. Host James Corden and UK network ITV have both publicly apologized for rushing the pop star off the stage in the middle of receiving her Best Album award, causing the boisterous chart-topper to flip the bird at “the suits” in retaliation. Below, James and ITV attempt to clear the air surrounding the unpleasant incident.

The comedian explained that he was merely (though reluctantly) following orders from producers, “Just after Adele said thank you, people were saying ‘You have to go on now. You have to do it now’. I said: ‘How can we cut her off?’…It was such a surreal moment, all you can hear is five people in your ear having an argument and there’s one overriding voice saying ‘James you have to’.”

The awards show host continued, “It’s a shame but it’s a live show and what can you do? It’s one of those things. The channel will learn from it, we’ll all learn from it and rectify that and change it next year.”

ITV explained in its apology, that — as live shows so often do — the show was running long, “We regret this happened and we send our deepest apologies to Adele that her big moment was cut short due to the live show over-running. We don’t want this to undermine her incredible achievement in winning our night’s biggest award.”
http://idolator.com/6195261/brit-awards-adele-apology-2012

Adele on being cut off:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvFg6eEYq94

Jurv
25-02-2012, 01:41 AM
In my opinion it was wrong what they did, no-one should be 'cut off' when receiving an award and thanking their fans.

Nick
25-02-2012, 02:32 AM
LOL good on her flinging up the finger :L

Chris
25-02-2012, 10:34 AM
Very unfair that she got cut off. I understand that it may have caused problems and make the show overrun, but it would only have been a few minutes.

wixard
25-02-2012, 10:42 AM
meh she'll get over it

Mathew
25-02-2012, 10:56 AM
To be fair, Blur were the main focus of the evening and there was probably a load of money involved in their 11-minute long performance. Giving a rude gesture on TV, when you know you're not supposed to, is just inappropriate.

Misawa
25-02-2012, 10:57 AM
Who cares? ITV had a schedule to keep to. They're told to keep it brief. Blown way out of proportion.

Jurv
25-02-2012, 11:08 AM
I think it would have gone down better if Blur were cut off, they were **** live anyway. :rolleyes:

geo
25-02-2012, 11:15 AM
Don't think it was fair at all. It's Blurs fault that she got cut off because of his long, boring speech. They were rubbish performing live and I just didn't see the point, that was like the most important award and her speech was cut off?

Jordan
25-02-2012, 11:21 AM
It's not even a big deal really, I'm sure she isn't that annoyed. As others have said above they have to keep to a schedule and that is what they did.

Cerys
25-02-2012, 11:22 AM
I didn't see it, but from what I watched in the link and read on here, good on her for flipping them the finger. ITV is pretty rubbish if they have to cut things short, they should've kept to the schedule and allowed her all her time.

MKR&*42
25-02-2012, 11:24 AM
Love how live sporting is allowed to go over time, yet Adele wanting to give a speech which could have lasted an extra minute is not allowed to go over-schedule at all.

Blur weren't that good for apparently "the highlight of the evening" so I think it's shameful she got cut off. As to whether she had a right to raise the middle finger... I have no opinion on that yet. It was her choice to do so and she did it.

Plebings
25-02-2012, 11:51 AM
Love how live sporting is allowed to go over time, yet Adele wanting to give a speech which could have lasted an extra minute is not allowed to go over-schedule at all.

This pretty much, the show did carry onto ITV2 though, so that may have been a factor, they could have advertised it clearer though. It was a poorly organised non-event this year, especially for a time where British music is doing very well overseas

wiktoria
25-02-2012, 11:58 AM
It was wrong to cut her off and blur were **** anyway.

Empired
25-02-2012, 12:07 PM
Adele is much better than Blur and I would have had a lot more to say than just putting up my middle finger. I reckon she was pretty calm seeing as she's just been mildly embarrassed in front of God knows how many fans..

samsaBEAR
25-02-2012, 08:26 PM
I think it would have gone down better if Blur were cut off, they were **** live anyway. :rolleyes:
They might've been **** live, but they've done far more for british music than Adele will ever do

Jurv
25-02-2012, 08:58 PM
They might've been **** live, but they've done far more for british music than Adele will ever do

I've not said that they haven't done more for British music than Adele? I was just saying that they were **** live.

ben
25-02-2012, 09:05 PM
Who cares if theyweren'tthat good live, they have a schedule to keep *REMOVED*

Edited by Shar (Forum Moderator): Please do not be rude, thanks.

HotelUser
25-02-2012, 09:23 PM
I've never heard of her before but after watching the video it does seem really unprofessional to cut her off like that.

Sharon
25-02-2012, 09:31 PM
I've never heard of her before.

what, seriously?

Richie
25-02-2012, 09:58 PM
Maybe if she didn't spend 5mins waving her fans around her face like a air fan she would of had a little more time

---------- Post added 25-02-2012 at 09:59 PM ----------

what, seriously?

he doesn't support windows what do you expect? if he had adele he would understand.

Sharon
25-02-2012, 10:00 PM
Maybe if she didn't spend 5mins waving her fans around her face like a air fan she would of had a little more time

---------- Post added 25-02-2012 at 09:59 PM ----------

he doesn't support windows what do you expect? if he had adele he would understand.

LMAO I ACTUALLY LAUGHED AT A RICHIE JOKE, unlesssss i can blame it on the drinks i have had... yeah im just gonna do that so yh ur still not funny kk bye lol

Edited by Shar (Forum Moderator): Please do not post off topic, thanks!

hiyahon
25-02-2012, 11:04 PM
idk why they couldn't just move coverage over to ITV2 if they were overrunning so bad?!

r00d of them to cut adele off.

Martin
26-02-2012, 03:08 PM
I don't think it was fair really. As others have said- sporting events and other live TV events sometimes run over, and for the sake of what could have been an extra couple of minutes for the most important speech of the night, I think they made the wrong decision to cut her off.

Empired
26-02-2012, 03:57 PM
I've never heard of her before but after watching the video it does seem really unprofessional to cut her off like that.

You've really never heard of Adele before now?!

And yes, they were unprofessional, but so was she. Putting your middle finger up on National Television is hardly the wisest move it is?

GommeInc
26-02-2012, 06:17 PM
It was pretty pointless. She deserved that award and they should of let her finish, it seemed like she only had one small sentence to say - all they cut her off was for some crap band who had a dreadful performance, from what my understanding of events were :P

Good for her sticking up the finger though, they deserved that :P It could not offend anyone else but them (the 'suits'), so if anyone else got offended they should wise up.

beth
26-02-2012, 07:15 PM
i think it's been blown majorly out of proportion, but at the same time i don't think adele should've middle fingered. she has a lot of fans and if she expects to be a rolemodel she should restrain herself enough not to swear on national television.

Zak
26-02-2012, 08:22 PM
Brits surely have their slot and they need to keep to it so the show doesn't go over? Hate Adele anyway so it's just a bonus for me :P

LoveToStack
26-02-2012, 09:26 PM
Maybe if she wanted to say something poignant she shouldn't have spent 25 seconds milking the applause then namedropping how many Grammys she'd just won while she was at The Brits Awards.

samsaBEAR
27-02-2012, 10:40 AM
I've not said that they haven't done more for British music than Adele? I was just saying that they were **** live.
I didn't mean it like a personal attack on you, calm down. I just meant they deserve more time than Adele

Chris
27-02-2012, 10:51 AM
She has apparently cancelled plans to sing on some itv shows, and has instead decided to star on bbc 1.

Jazz
27-02-2012, 11:23 AM
I find it funny, she talks about how good it is to be british then swears at the public in protest. Typical brit :-D

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!