PDA

View Full Version : Chris Brown - Fortune (Album)

Shar
25-02-2012, 10:23 PM
Can't wait for it to come out after the success of F.A.M.E.

Recorded tracks
"2 Complicated" (featuring Asher Roth)
"Biggest Fan" (produced by The Runners)
"Don't Wake Me Up" (produced by David Guetta)
"Fools with You"
"I Love You" (produced by Brian Kennedy)
"Mona Lisa" (featuring Kevin McCall)
"One of Those Nights" (featuring will.i.am)
"Open Road (I Love Her)"
"Strip" (featuring Kevin McCall) (produced by Tha Bizness)
"Touch Me (Like You Touch Urself)" (featuring SeVen)
"Treading Waters"
"Turn Up the Music"(produced by The Underdogs and Fuego)

Love it. There's already music videos for Turn Up the Music and Strip.

samsaBEAR
26-02-2012, 10:20 AM
I'm sure it will be a big hit, just like Rihanna's face was for him

Jahova
26-02-2012, 10:39 AM
I'm sure it will be a big hit, just like Rihanna's face was for him
Can't believe people still like him and look up to him. The report on the incident should be enough for anyone to be disgusted.

geo
26-02-2012, 11:15 AM
Sounds pretty good, can't wait for it to come out! I think it will be great like his last album.

Shar
26-02-2012, 11:52 AM
Sounds pretty good, can't wait for it to come out! I think it will be great like his last album.

Its suppose to be better! Loving turn up the music

Judas
26-02-2012, 10:55 PM
disgusts me that this man still has a career

samsaBEAR
27-02-2012, 12:22 AM
Can't believe people still like him and look up to him. The report on the incident should be enough for anyone to be disgusted.

I honestly got so angry reading it, I can't believe he's basically gotten away with it and I can't believe Rihanna's now making songs with him as if it wasn't a big deal

Jazz
27-02-2012, 11:07 AM
I don't really like Chris Brown tbh, his music isn't to my taste

Vause
27-02-2012, 12:18 PM
I adore Chris Brown, and always have. Any comments made about what happened with RiRi should be ignored, it was wrong what he did, but she's got over it so why can't we?

I loved his album Grafitti more than F.A.M.E though!

dirrty
27-02-2012, 12:34 PM
I adore Chris Brown, and always have. Any comments made about what happened with RiRi should be ignored, it was wrong what he did, but she's got over it so why can't we?

lol, just because the victim of domestic abuse 'forgives' their abuser doesn't mean others should (using forgive loosely considering the cycle of domestic violence). yes, it didn't happen to them/us, but that doesn't mean that people should erase their feelings towards the situation just because rihanna appears to have. i always feel conflicted as i actually don't mind some of his songs (take you down, birthday cake remix, & beautiful people for example), but after reading the police report (essentially almost tried to kill her), i'll never support him because of it and shall forever look down on people who say to move on and forget it, especially because i refuse to separate his personal life to his music and he doesn't show any remorse. i will never support michael fassbender, roman polanski, gary glitter, victor salva etc., so chris brown won't be escaping it.

yeah my opinion doesn't matter in the grand scale of things, but this world would be a much better place if more people bloody shunned those who commit acts like this opposed to sweeping them under the rug.

samsaBEAR
27-02-2012, 07:26 PM

let's just hope one day you don't get beaten to within an inch of your life by your boyfriend. we can't 'get over it' because unlike chris brown, we have some sense of morality in our lives

lol, just because the victim of domestic abuse 'forgives' their abuser doesn't mean others should (using forgive loosely considering the cycle of domestic violence). yes, it didn't happen to them/us, but that doesn't mean that people should erase their feelings towards the situation just because rihanna appears to have. i always feel conflicted as i actually don't mind some of his songs (take you down, birthday cake remix, & beautiful people for example), but after reading the police report (essentially almost tried to kill her), i'll never support him because of it and shall forever look down on people who say to move on and forget it, especially because i refuse to separate his personal life to his music and he doesn't show any remorse. i will never support michael fassbender, roman polanski, gary glitter, victor salva etc., so chris brown won't be escaping it.

yeah my opinion doesn't matter in the grand scale of things, but this world would be a much better place if more people bloody shunned those who commit acts like this opposed to sweeping them under the rug.
basically just sums everything up for me

Vause
27-02-2012, 09:15 PM
let's just hope one day you don't get beaten to within an inch of your life by your boyfriend. we can't 'get over it' because unlike chris brown, we have some sense of morality in our lives

basically just sums everything up for me

i'm allowed my own opinion and i don't have a boyfriend, i have a girlfriend. he's not the first person to have hit a woman and he sure as hell won't be the last. i enjoy his music & like him as person, i know what he did was wrong, i'm not saying it wasn't but that can't stop me & others from still liking him

samsaBEAR
27-02-2012, 09:32 PM
i'm allowed my own opinion and i don't have a boyfriend, i have a girlfriend. he's not the first person to have hit a woman and he sure as hell won't be the last. i enjoy his music & like him as person, i know what he did was wrong, i'm not saying it wasn't but that can't stop me & others from still liking him

You are allowed your own opinion yes but when it's in support of a domestic abuser and a bully then you need to really need to evaluate your outlook on life

Vause
27-02-2012, 09:35 PM
You are allowed your own opinion yes but when it's in support of a domestic abuser and a bully then you need to really need to evaluate your outlook on life

No need to start judging my opinions now, I have no need to evaluate my outlook on my life at all. I don't support him as a person, I said I like his music. End of.

Now, staying on topic;
I'm rather excited for this album, his new music video is wicked. I wonder if him & Rihanna will bring out a video for Birthday Cake?

Shar
27-02-2012, 11:20 PM
No need to start judging my opinions now, I have no need to evaluate my outlook on my life at all. I don't support him as a person, I said I like his music. End of.

Now, staying on topic;
I'm rather excited for this album, his new music video is wicked. I wonder if him & Rihanna will bring out a video for Birthday Cake?
Ikr I love it!
I personally dislike birthday cake and Talk that talk in general (apart from the single from that album of the same name)

Lamz
28-02-2012, 07:08 AM
I honestly got so angry reading it, I can't believe he's basically gotten away with it and I can't believe Rihanna's now making songs with him as if it wasn't a big deal

He hasn't gotton away with it because he ended up doing community service & a restriction order placed (or w.e it's called) if rihanna has gotton over it, why are you (and others) still holding a grudge?

---

C.b's past 3 albums (f.a.m.e, graffiti & exclusive) have all been good + his 'boy in detention' mixtape was good also so I look foreard to this album! I'm confused on why 'strip' is on the album though because it originally released on the BID mixtape, then got released as a single, now on this album

samsaBEAR
28-02-2012, 10:12 AM
He hasn't gotton away with it because he ended up doing community service & a restriction order placed (or w.e it's called) if rihanna has gotton over it, why are you (and others) still holding a grudge?

Oh I'm sorry, I forgot community service was a justifiable punishment for what he done to her. I hold no grudge against him, I just find it sickening the amount of support a man can get after he's brutally beaten someone, no less a woman. Perhaps I was just raised with a few more morals than most of his fans

Eric
28-02-2012, 11:49 AM
i've listened 'Turn Up The Music' i don't really like it tbh. :/

Jurv
28-02-2012, 06:56 PM
I've never really liked his music to be honest with you.

One of the things that put me off was his performance at the Grammys, his miming was terrible.

Plebings
28-02-2012, 07:04 PM

---

C.b's past 3 albums (f.a.m.e, graffiti & exclusive) have all been good + his 'boy in detention' mixtape was good also so I look foreard to this album! I'm confused on why 'strip' is on the album though because it originally released on the BID mixtape, then got released as a single, now on this album

picking up garbage from the side of the road isn't a justifiable punishment for almost beating a woman to death. rihanna is setting a terrible example to forgive him to all the other victims of abuse within relationships. if this was any other man your opinion may change, what if this was someone you were good friends withand they just forgave the attacker, does that mean you should forgive them so easily?

Vause
28-02-2012, 07:40 PM
Can we stay on topic please, if you're not posting about the album then don't bother posting.

Any idea when the release date is?

Plebings
28-02-2012, 08:00 PM
Can we stay on topic please, if you're not posting about the album then don't bother posting.

Any idea when the release date is?

ok

i hope the album cover is as iconic as this

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m231/Sosasgurl21/724aa472.jpg

Vause
28-02-2012, 08:39 PM
ok

i hope the album cover is as iconic as this

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m231/Sosasgurl21/724aa472.jpg

No need to post that really is there?

Lamz
28-02-2012, 10:08 PM
[@]@samsabear[/@]; & [@]@plebbings[/@];

At the end of the day, the american court of justice was happy with his punishment & so was rihanna by the looks of things... It happened about 3 years ago if they've moved on about it then let it be.

--

Back to the thread... CB is has talent. He's good & dancing, acting & singing... Should be a good album!...

Plebings
28-02-2012, 10:22 PM
No need to post that really is there?

sorry i'm just not really good at posting seriously about chris brown.

beautiful people was a fun track though wasn't it. im expecting 3 singles, 1 that does extremely well and a bit of filler.

dirrty
28-02-2012, 10:55 PM

At the end of the day, the american court of justice was happy with his punishment & so was rihanna by the looks of things... It happened about 3 years ago if they've moved on about it then let it be.

--

Back to the thread... CB is has talent. He's good & dancing, acting & singing... Should be a good album!...
i don't even know how i can formulate a response to this. side-eying & shaking my head so much right now. so because a person who committed a crime has served their punishment(lets be real, his 'punishment' was lighter than a freshly baked loaf of bread), everyone should essentially forgive, move on and more or less act like it never happened? that's what you're more or less saying, right? so if we applied what you said to other contexts, so like a murderer or rapist served 'x' amount of years, should we move on and forgive and sweep their actions under the rug? hey, let's take our little cousin jimmy to bobs house, after all, "the american court of justice was happy with his punishment", and "it happened about 3 years ago if they've moved on about it then let it be".no? you may be thinking what they do and what chris brown did aren't on the same level, but all of these crimes greatly affect others in a painful and negative way (and everything is amplified if your constantly in the media)- so yes, they can be used as examples. also, just because a victim 'forgives' their abuser, doesn't mean everyone else should just because they have (once again, ~mentioning the cycle of abuse).

oh, and i'd use 'the american court of 'justice' very, very loosely. especially since all justice systems have flaws, and where guilty men don't receive adequate sentences (and maybe even let off because of the faults of the court and the police in regards to evidence, witnesses, etc.). we always hear in the news about light sentences, but hey, if they've done the 'time', who cares what crime they've done because we should just let it be, right?

nevertheless, i'm sure this album will do well, especially since he has such devoted, and forgiving fans, especially those who say "i'd let chris brown hit me". you gotta love some of the youth of today...

samsaBEAR
29-02-2012, 08:49 AM

--

*REMOVED*

Edited by Emma (Trialist Forum Moderator): Please do not post to cause arguments.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!