PDA

View Full Version : Help creating a Habbo Fansite!

Davidenko
27-02-2012, 05:50 PM
Hey, i've been sent here via the Habbox Help Desk room.

I'm after a little bit of help on how I can go about creating a Habbo Fansite.
I am not interested in tacky websites such as Freewebs, just a waste of time. What I would like to know is, what kind of reliable, trustworthy, decent Radio Hosts there are avaliable (cheap would be preferable, if not it's fine), decent web host which will be able to hold a Radio, a forum and plenty of other pages. Resonable amount of web space in other words.

Also with the Radio Hosts, once it's set up could other DJ's be able to DJ from my host? ie; DJ Slots/Radio Schedule.
For a Forum, I know vBulletin would be the best.

Any information concerning these topics would be mostly greatful!

Cheers,

Davidenko:afro:

Moved here by Martin (Forum Moderator): From 'Habbo In General', as its more suited here.

Zuth
27-02-2012, 07:15 PM
I'm no good with radio's but this forum software is probably one if the best free ones out there - http://www.mybb.com/

Davidenko
28-02-2012, 05:45 PM
Cheers Zuth i'll keep that in mind.
The £200 price tag on SAM Broadcaster is rather off putting that i've seen. Surely not every DJ on Habbo Radio's have bought SAM Broadcaster?
Also still in need of help for a decent web host.

Mark
28-02-2012, 06:21 PM
Cheers Zuth i'll keep that in mind.
The £200 price tag on SAM Broadcaster is rather off putting that i've seen. Surely not every DJ on Habbo Radio's have bought SAM Broadcaster?
Also still in need of help for a decent web host.

What's your rpice range for a 'decent' web host? I'm with SimplexWebs but they don't really cater for Habbo Fansites anymore.
Of course every DJ who uses Sam Broadcaster on Habbo Radios didn't pay for it. I've PMed you with more info :)

Davidenko
28-02-2012, 06:47 PM
£10-£15 per month?
And thanks Mark, appreciated :)

Twista500
06-03-2012, 10:46 PM
zfast Its really cheap And as for the Radio on the webhost a most most likely it will be supported, Plus Your radio Is connected to your DJ Panel So once you code an Iframe to the radio player And/Or Stats It will work No matter what (You can get the Iframe code from google) And for Vbulletin That really depends on your Bandwith etc I would go for mybb first As I see there is no point to get a vbullitin for a new site that might not even be completed

DJC4LLY
06-03-2012, 10:57 PM
I made the mistake of buying a radio, You need two mp3 licenses which you need to have to be legal but habbo also ask you for these licenses if you are a fan site as they have to keep an eye on things. I can give you more info on that tomorrow when I'm on my pc! And also if you are looking for forum software and scripts I wouldn't suggest a fan site is a good thing to start untill you learn basics of running a website

lRhyss
06-03-2012, 11:25 PM
I made the mistake of buying a radio, You need two mp3 licenses which you need to have to be legal but habbo also ask you for these licenses if you are a fan site as they have to keep an eye on things. I can give you more info on that tomorrow when I'm on my pc! And also if you are looking for forum software and scripts I wouldn't suggest a fan site is a good thing to start untill you learn basics of running a website

Habbo don't ask for licenses, I asked them via the help tool and they cater for these licences, you don't need to pay.

Richie
07-03-2012, 04:18 AM

You can easily bypass this, just ignore all emails from licencing company's. What do you think will happen? do you think they will bring a kids radio to court that gets a small amount of listeners a month? I'm assuming that's how habbox and other fansites pass the system because they definitely don't pay for it.

jasey
07-03-2012, 04:47 AM
You can easily bypass this, just ignore all emails from licencing company's. What do you think will happen? do you think they will bring a kids radio to court that gets a small amount of listeners a month? I'm assuming that's how habbox and other fansites pass the system because they definitely don't pay for it.

I always thought that HxL paid for their radio licenses. They did once, at least, didn't they? I remember when it started.

Richie
07-03-2012, 04:54 AM
I always thought that HxL paid for their radio licenses. They did once, at least, didn't they? I remember when it started.

No. As far as I was told Habboxlive "had an excuse".Any timeit gets brought up it gets brushed under the carpet or you get told "Jin deals with that".

DJC4LLY
07-03-2012, 07:52 AM
Haha, true I suppose

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!