PDA

View Full Version : Simple merching guide

Zelda
29-02-2012, 10:28 PM
Right, under the request of a number of people, I've decides to do one of these. The first, and probably most important point is the buying two for one, selling 1c per strategy is too slow for any productive profits. In this guide, I will run through some major tips for effective merching.

First of all, the range of items to Merch on. My major suggestion is to do in the 2 to 5c range, allowing for some bulked 2 for 3s, such as kitchen blocks and exec bars. The general consensus with this is that you will generally make 50% minimum, (nearly always much more), in profit, while maintaining a decent speed of selling that isn't present in 1c items bought In two for one. On the other side of the scale, profit margins can easily sit as low as 10% with rarest, making it, although quick to sell, too small of profits per go, therefore I only suggest buying rarest for your stock if your getting at least 20% profit on them.

My next issue to tackle is your buying methods.
As already said, 2 for 1c shops are a big nono, and even 1c shops should be given extremely low priority. Since primarily, we want 2 to 5c items, 2 and 3c shops often offer a few items of profit, and from my experience ive seen wbbs and dairy mushs in two feed shops at least 20 times, and this is one of those circumstances that I would suggest having rarest in your shop, not that that isn't blindingly obvious. Another point to note is the zed shops and manor shops, which from experience will either be massively overpriced, or very cheap, with some manor shops literally taking up 500c or higher from your Merch find in one go. This is also where I generally find the 2 for 3 bulks.

Another stocking method however, which is one that both me and ruby have made tons from is having your own suppliers. Of and when possible, try to find someone who frequently in whatever matter obtains vast quantities of high quality norms such as short grass, who desires quick feeds instead of wasting time selling. For example, not disclosing names of these people, but I a few months back had a patches supplier, as some may remember the massive 700 patch storage of mine. Another example lies with ruby, for example once receiving 90 short grass at threw for one feed at the time a massive 900% profit.

My next issue to cover is that of the major slow sellers. These generally harbour the problem of you overtime getting more of them than you sell, which is why I tend to not get them very much with one exception that I will cover in a minute. Such examples include, Rom chairs if selling 3c per, as your unlikely to find many at 2 for 3 to actually get that profit at 2c per. Also, sand patches out of season, country stages, and many others, though this is the sort of thing that varies from person to person. The odd one out I fins is catwalks, which I do recommend buying 1c per, and trying to sell 2c per, as eventually even if you co take a while, I normally just accumulate to 50+ then sell as bulk deal from 2 for 3, still making decent profits, Wd about 10 to possibly even 20% of the catwalks should have sold 2c per by this point anyway.

My next area of this guide is on that of your buying technique. the general rule you will fins is, skim through a shop, and decide quickly whether anything is worth asking price for based upon other stock and what owner has already said, and if not going to ask, immediately move to a new shop, as many of the best deals will always be snapped up by those who are quick. another important aspect once asked, is that of your haggling technique, as you do not want to get kicked for being ruse or trying to go too low. Often, asking what they will do as their best for all that you are interested in is a good starting spot, from where you may offer lower and meet to some consensus around the middle, or if lucky even be accepted, the most important thing is to stick to your own judgement, it isn't a good deal unless you think it is, and you shouldn't feel you need to buy something to fill your stock, as doing this, you will only discover a massive profit shop and wish you hadn't wasted your money on low profit items.

Finally I will touch briefly upon your own shop too, as I feel this to be just as important. It is vital that all objects are clearly visible, and that you bring our your better items, and let worse items low further out of first glance, and it is this first skim through that determinant whether the buyer stays to look at your shop more clearly or not, and possibly bear this on mind when searching for stock, as often shops that are poorly laid out may have bits of good profit left unnoticed. A very useful way of selling your stock is too put it into multiple floors of varying price, labelled by stickies in your lobby, as this creates a sence in the buyer that this is a normal decent price, and let's them know not to bother you with offers, and generally helps selling quicker. Finally, try to have some sence of layout and clarity in your shop, as a more appealing shop in view to customers is likely to keep them in to look further more.

I hope that you may find this guide useful, If you feel that anything is missinf, please so reply and I will add it xx

Jazz
01-03-2012, 09:48 AM
good guide jan +rep :-)

Zelda
01-03-2012, 01:32 PM
Ooh one extra point I just remembered, contrary to popular belief you aren't in shops 24/7 at all, and once you have a name for yourself with high quality constantly filled shop, you can just keep an account afked in there and anyone who's interested will normally just add/pm you. Thought I'd throw that in xx

JerseySafety
01-03-2012, 06:27 PM
Nice Janice! :P

2 for 5 is defo he best method, 2 for 3 is alright sometmes to ;)

Samantha
01-03-2012, 06:31 PM
I prefer 2 for 3 mainly, I make most from that, if I feel I'm up though I find my weakness, a really good shop and I spend, spend, spend :D!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!