PDA

View Full Version : Vb4 Ban Reason

xxMATTGxx
02-03-2012, 07:08 PM
I've been looking around on the internet and found some threads with no replies and then stuff that could actually do this but only for a previous version of Vb. Basically, I'm wondering how possible it is to get the "Ban Reason" of a banned member to be put elsewhere so they can still see it but have access to a specific forum?

+rep for any decent replies and so on!

GoldenMerc
02-03-2012, 07:12 PM
You use your vB permissions and allow them to view the "Ban forum" they just have to click off but it will allow them to view that 1 forum. Unless you want them to be able to view it all.

xxMATTGxx
02-03-2012, 07:13 PM
You use your vB permissions and allow them to view the "Ban forum" they just have to click off but it will allow them to view that 1 forum. Unless you want them to be able to view it all.

But the "Ban Reason" on the account isn't shown to them if it's done by that method, right?

GoldenMerc
02-03-2012, 07:15 PM
The ban reason is still there, When they log into their account it shows up, then to get rid of the ban reason they click the index, or click the banner. Then it won't show untill they next log in or they try do a action that they don't have the permissions for, e.g view a users profiles. It all depends on what permissions you set them to.

xxMATTGxx
02-03-2012, 07:58 PM
All sorted now. Thanks for the Replies Ross!

xxMATTGxx
02-03-2012, 08:50 PM
If anyone knew how to display the ban reason in an actual notice then that would be sweet as well.

Lee
02-03-2012, 08:54 PM
Matt maybe there is a variable for it? Have a search for it im sure you'll find it around...

GoldenMerc
02-03-2012, 08:57 PM
Matt maybe there is a variable for it? Have a search for it im sure you'll find it around...

I've looked, thought it would be $show_ban or something simple there actually isn't one. Theres a mod for what Matt wants but in 3.8 with no reviews or comments and only 6 installs :P

Lee
02-03-2012, 09:00 PM
Have you done a fine in the VB ban pages (the actual .phps) maybe ull find it there

GoldenMerc
02-03-2012, 09:02 PM
Don't think there will be, saying that don't think you can add the extension .php to notices, only raw HTML

Chippiewill
02-03-2012, 09:38 PM
I do hope this is Matt is switching to a banned user's only forum system instead of using that stupid support system that they have at present.

xxMATTGxx
02-03-2012, 10:16 PM
I do hope this is Matt is switching to a banned user's only forum system instead of using that stupid support system that they have at present.

You would be correct! :P

Chippiewill
02-03-2012, 10:20 PM
You would be correct! :P
Funny how I remember recommending that six months ago.

I feel like getting banned now just so I can see how much fun it is in that forum. I'm assuming it's not like the facepunch one where you can see each other's thread and be ridiculed by others.

Lee
02-03-2012, 10:22 PM
Funny is an odd way to describe a suggestion that's being implemented! :L

Ross, would we not be able to search the php files for the variable used when a member gets the banned errormsg then use that somewhere on the forum??

xxMATTGxx
02-03-2012, 10:31 PM
Funny how I remember recommending that six months ago.

I feel like getting banned now just so I can see how much fun it is in that forum. I'm assuming it's not like the facepunch one where you can see each other's thread and be ridiculed by others.

The only threads you would be able to see is your own

GoldenMerc
02-03-2012, 10:34 PM
Funny is an odd way to describe a suggestion that's being implemented! :L

Ross, would we not be able to search the php files for the variable used when a member gets the banned errormsg then use that somewhere on the forum??

Decided i cba with the current state and whipped something up on my own, shame i don't own a vb 4 licence and had my friend to it all. Just hopefully can get some installs so matt will install it to hxf
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=279452

Lee
02-03-2012, 10:44 PM
Decided i cba with the current state and whipped something up on my own, shame i don't own a vb 4 licence and had my friend to it all. Just hopefully can get some installs so matt will install it to hxf
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=279452

Haha good work Ross - +REP :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!