PDA

View Full Version : I'm Too Skinny! +repp

Eric
03-03-2012, 11:18 AM
I'm 16, i'm tall and super skinny. I had heavy meals and sometimes for dinner, i serve myself for like 3 times. I have a lot of carbohydrates in my meals so is there anything that i could do to bulk up :S I can't go to the gym because i don't have time for that.

help! pls! i'll +rep

Lamz
03-03-2012, 11:20 AM
protein shakes & steroids!...

na i'm jowking eat loads of proteins & carbs & find time for the gym

Jazz
03-03-2012, 11:38 AM
eat lots of protein and carbs etc, and you don't have to go to the gym maybe go for a walk or a swim just little things!

beth
03-03-2012, 11:40 AM
never too skinnyyyyyy

e5
04-03-2012, 03:59 PM
Yeah, do protein shakes, seriously! You obviously have fast motabilism, so this should work well in making u bulkier/stronger

Shar
04-03-2012, 04:04 PM
As long as you're having a healthy diet it doesn't matter that you're skinny but if you really wanna bulk up have protein shakes. Personally I find it gross when guys bulk up too much

FlyingJesus
04-03-2012, 04:31 PM
There's no such thing as too skinny, and regardless you're 16, it'll change over time eventually. If you start taking protein shakes and all that at your age it'll be harder to reverse later in life once your metabolism slows and you'll be kicking yourself.

jasey
04-03-2012, 04:40 PM
It depends if you just want to bulk up a bit in the sense that you don't want to be so spindly or if you want to actually build muscle mass. Obviously the former is easier but also less healthy. All you have to do for that is calculate your BMR - basal metabolic rate - and figure out how many calories you burn on top of that in a typical day. There are loads of calculators online. Once you know that number, just overcompensate in the form of starches and sugars. That certainly shouldn't be too hard unless you have a very tiny stomach! As mentioned, though, this is not healthy at all. You know, balanced diet and all. To build muscle, the way to go is to exercise but you said you don't have time for that so I won't give you all the details on doing things in that sense.

Some people are just naturally skinny because of genetics and metabolism. While it is funny to make fun of sometimes, the same is true in the opposite where some people are naturally larger. Perhaps the best idea would be to embrace your natural size as long as you are sure that you are eating healthily and are not malnourished! Best of luck, Eric.

Vause
04-03-2012, 04:55 PM
carbs. pasta, potato, chicken, fish, stuff like that :)

Sharon
04-03-2012, 06:27 PM
not even joking eat loads of rice but yeaaaaaah i don't think there is a "too skinny" espesh if you say you eat as much as you have made out... mayb it's just not showing

Metric1
04-03-2012, 06:31 PM
you'll fatten up later on

LoveToStack
04-03-2012, 06:57 PM
you'll fatten up later on

This.

You're still going through puberty and you're probably still growing in height. Once you stop then you'll stop expending so much energy and you'll put weight on naturally.

If you want to gain weight in a healthy manner then start eating unsalted and unsweetened tree nuts. I enjoy walnuts. 50g of walnuts contains ~50% of your GDA of fat (beneficial fats like mono and polyunsaturated fats which actually reduce the damage of bad fats). And 50g isn't a lot.

FiftyCal
04-03-2012, 06:58 PM
when i was your age i was skinny too, but now i'm 19 and my metabolism slowed down and its all catching up to me lol. Eat lots of protein like everyone said. Dont just eat junk fatty foods all the time or you'll end up with health problems.

Jay@Jay77
04-03-2012, 07:02 PM
eat more.

Go to the gym:)

Cheryl
04-03-2012, 08:51 PM
Don't do anything. I'm 16 like yourself and I'm now 5"8' and 120lbs. This puts me in the underweight category of BMI, but I've been told not to do anything, and to maintain a healthy lifestyle, it will catch up with you.

But IMO a thinner guy is far more attractive anyway!

Zak
04-03-2012, 09:11 PM
Eat a lot of meat and well takeaways, cz I like them :P , I used to be 10 stone (I'm 6 foot 1), now I'm just over 13 stone. I gym tho as everyone knows *sigh*

To illustrate here is when i first started gym: weighing probs 10 1/2 stone

http://i43.tinypic.com/14js482.jpg

Then me about 4 months ago (best example i could find showing body without pissing people off by "showing off" ;/ as we know I've had hate for that before) in this picture I'd be just under 13 stone.

http://i39.tinypic.com/jg3bbp.jpg

Chinese food is awesome. Gym is awesome.

I eat big meals, well over what I should - I eat till my stomach bloats. I eat late at night and I eat a lot of meat and takeaways as mentioned. O and I try and have 3 or 4 big meals a day - sometimes this is hard with university though so I settle for 2 sometimes.

Hope this helps.

Lamz
05-03-2012, 04:54 PM
Eat a lot of meat and well takeaways, cz I like them :P , I used to be 10 stone (I'm 6 foot 1), now I'm just over 13 stone. I gym tho as everyone knows *sigh*

To illustrate here is when i first started gym: weighing probs 10 1/2 stone

http://i43.tinypic.com/14js482.jpg

Then me about 4 months ago (best example i could find showing body without pissing people off by "showing off" ;/ as we know I've had hate for that before) in this picture I'd be just under 13 stone.

http://i39.tinypic.com/jg3bbp.jpg

Chinese food is awesome. Gym is awesome.

I eat big meals, well over what I should - I eat till my stomach bloats. I eat late at night and I eat a lot of meat and takeaways as mentioned. O and I try and have 3 or 4 big meals a day - sometimes this is hard with university though so I settle for 2 sometimes.

Hope this helps.

That's a huge improvement!

How long have you been doing this for? 'cause I'm currently beginning to start toning up & that & i've found myself a gym that I've started going to twice a week...

Zak
05-03-2012, 11:44 PM
That's a huge improvement!

How long have you been doing this for? 'cause I'm currently beginning to start toning up & that & i've found myself a gym that I've started going to twice a week...

Thank you nice to not receive hate for once.

I started off doing weights in my room (as you can see in the first picture) about 2 years ago. I did the wrong technique, no supplements. Just started eating more.

It was about a year ago I started to go to a proper gym, only 2 days a week with one protein shake after gym. that's it. I eat a lot though.

- but I can imagine you could do that in 6/7/8 months if you went to the gym and took protein shakes from the beginning. 3 times a week at the gym.

I trained hard regardless of how I was training but it did not consume my life by any means. I do 4 hours in a gym a week now? Which is nothing really

Andeeh
07-03-2012, 06:18 PM
Im a skinny little ****** but ah well I cba to gym because tbh I dont honestly care enough at the moment to sort it out maybe one day.

BlueEyedSarah
14-03-2012, 02:06 PM
I'm 16, i'm tall and super skinny. I had heavy meals and sometimes for dinner, i serve myself for like 3 times. I have a lot of carbohydrates in my meals so is there anything that i could do to bulk up :S I can't go to the gym because i don't have time for that.

help! pls! i'll +rep

Try have more fatty foods for a while like cheese, pasta and bread.

Ellz
14-03-2012, 03:50 PM
im like you, eat loads but dont put anything on. take advantage of it, you wont be able to say you can eat loads and put nothing on forever LOL

Gina
14-03-2012, 06:29 PM
try eating stuff like pasta n bread n rice and stuff lol

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!