PDA

View Full Version : [Bobba] Watch Out - Coin/Speech Scam

auffant1
06-03-2012, 12:34 AM
This is a new scam which I experienced yesterday. Luckily I didn't get scammed but it was close. Basically it starts off with someone coming in and asking for change on a furni or furnis that cost some coins. For example the soccer field I am trying to sell for 30c. He came in and asked for change. I picked up the furni and we went into the trade window. Now he offered a GB and also some furni (lamp, grass patch ect.). I found this weird but continued on with trade. So I put my furni in and as I accepted it he said a really long sentence like, "Did you know that 19 people are killed each year from bee stings and people are sometime unaware they are actually stung." He said it 3 times in bold. I just thought he was randomly saying stuff like we all do :P. Then I looked down and noticed he toke away the GB. Luckily I caught this and banned him from the room.

This is similar to the furni change scam except with the speech, which I fond interesting. Those darn scammers also trying new and creative whys to scam :P. Sadly I didn't get a screen.

Morale of the story is always know what your trading, make sue you check it before you confirm.

JerseySafety
06-03-2012, 01:33 AM
Nice, been around for awhile but thanks for posting :P

Nick
06-03-2012, 08:01 AM
haa wow, the ways that scammers go to these days

Zuth
06-03-2012, 08:11 AM
Thanks for the heads up!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!