PDA

View Full Version : Communism :S

iBlueBox
08-03-2012, 08:35 PM
I don't really support communism. Currently learning about the Korean War in a-level history at the moment so interesting.

But.

If a country had a leader that they wanted and the majority of the population once and the communist system of the wealth was actually equally shared among the population.

Why is it such a bad thing?

jasey
08-03-2012, 09:08 PM
That's the thing about communism. It sounds lovely and wonderful on paper to many people but in practice it has never actually succeeded. The leader that is given the responsibility to set in a perpetuating communist system of government without fail always becomes infatuated with the power and won't recede any in most cases. They keep the wealth to themselves which explains why pseudo-communist states like the USSR had suffering citizens and much unrest.

GommeInc
08-03-2012, 09:08 PM
It's a bad thing because it's impossible to share wealth equally among the leaders and the ordinary citizen, and in a sense it hinders progression. A healthy balance you would find in a socio-economic civilisation is best, where the rich invest back into the country but these are just ideas behind a world order which would be difficult produce. Greed is natural :P

Inseriousity.
08-03-2012, 09:15 PM
Much of the support behind communism is due to small communities like tribes being able to survive happily by sharing thingsaround but I just don't see how that'd work in more complex and bigger societies we have now. It's very idealistic and just becomes a dictatorship in the end with the negative consequences as a result. Capitalism isn't perfect but it is at least manageable and provides stability even if that stability is fuelled by poverty and the human desire to always better oneself [with varying results]. Alsoone small communist country in a capitalist global market doesn't really work either. It'd have to be a worldwide change which isjust never going to happen.

GommeInc
08-03-2012, 09:20 PM
Also one small communist country in a capitalist global market doesn't really work either. It'd have to be a worldwide change which isjust never going to happen.
Precisely. Communist nations strive on protectionism and like to isolate themselves from the global audience.

Mathew
09-03-2012, 12:08 AM
It'd have to be a worldwide change which isjust never going to happen.
It's only a matter of time before these innocent peasants become class conscious and revolt. Marx told me.

beth
09-03-2012, 05:20 AM
i've always really liked the idea of communism but i am told it can never work, and i don't think it really ever can. even from the beginning of time people were never materialistically equal and i think it's too late to change.

-:Undertaker:-
09-03-2012, 02:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-o0kD9f6wo&feature=related

Long live liberty both economically, socially and politically .. all of us must defend it even when it might not suit us to do so.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!