PDA

View Full Version : +11REP!! Samsung Galaxy S2 ~ Android market issue

Describe
08-03-2012, 10:51 PM
Hi guys,

I've recently bought a Samsung Galaxy S2 but I've had problems downloading applications from the android market because I keep getting the message 'Your account is not linked up to an Android Device' when clearly it is! How do I get around this issue? I've tried literally everything I could think of!

Cheers!

GoldenMerc
08-03-2012, 10:57 PM
Is your Googlemail account linked correctly?

Nick
08-03-2012, 10:58 PM
I have a Samsung galaxy s1 but both my parents have s2's and what i did when i first got my phone is i had to make an email address on the phone, Have you done that?

GommeInc
08-03-2012, 11:06 PM
On my phone you go to Market > Menu > Accounts and it should tell you what account you are logged into or if you are logged into one. If not, just click "Add account" and it may work :)

Describe
08-03-2012, 11:13 PM
Is your Googlemail account linked correctly?
I'm trying to figure out how to correctly link my account but I'm not actually sure how to do so.

I have a Samsung galaxy s1 but both my parents have s2's and what i did when i first got my phone is i had to make an email address on the phone, Have you done that?
I've created an email on my S2 to no avail.

On my phone you go to Market > Menu > Accounts and it should tell you what account you are logged into or if you are logged into one. If not, just click "Add account" and it may work :)
I'm constantly being diverted to play.google, which I'm not sure is the marketplace you're speaking about, and on this play.google I cannot see the tabs you've suggested. All I have in the top right hand corner is my google email address which goes to 'My account' but this doesn't have anything inside which helps my situation.

GommeInc
08-03-2012, 11:19 PM
Hmmm, if Play.Google is what I think it is (new name for Market?) then it's possible they've disabled downloads for a while, until they've finished doing whatever they are doing :/ I had this when the Android Market changed layout and colour a year ago.

^Don't quote me on any of that though, not 100% sure.

Describe
08-03-2012, 11:27 PM
I'll leave it for tonight because I'm just getting really aggravated, peace!

Recursion
09-03-2012, 08:42 AM
Google Play is the new market yes, and downloads are not disabled.

I suggest going to Settings > Apps > Google Play and clearing the data, then go back and go to Settings > Accounts to make sure your account is listed.

Describe
09-03-2012, 05:04 PM
Apparently the marketplace was undergoing changes at the time I posted this, it's working now. Everyone has been +REPPED.

GoldenMerc
11-03-2012, 03:22 AM
Its been changed names to GooglePlay now :/

jasey
11-03-2012, 05:06 AM
Its been changed names to GooglePlay now :/

Yeah, they have been changing things around. I read somewhere that you had to go to different stores to get different types of product like Apps, Music and Books. Now I think they are all integrated together under one banner to compete more efficiently with the iTunes store. Don't take that as solid, though. I don't own any Android devices (I'm an Apple guy) but I think the new store seems pretty cool for Android users.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!