PDA

View Full Version : Habbo X's returning?

MKR&*42
10-03-2012, 09:26 AM
Mmm, Puhekupla uploaded an article today about Habbo X's returning;

http://puhekupla.com/en/news/1006

I'm not sure if it's 100% true because although it says that the CEO informed people, it doesn't actually provide a source or anything. Although he does indeed mention it on his Twitter

(they're under a new name called SuperHabbo)

Paul LaFontaine: "SuperHabbo come from points gathered through activity. Like a loyalty program. Tweet more! I like your input."

Person:what do you mean with superhabbos? Is that a kind like hobba's???

Paul LaFontaine: "like Hobbas but better."

Person: ok! So each member can earn points by connecting every day, isn't That?
Paul LaFontaine: No, by time in the service, by number of trusted trades, by number of +helps and room minutes habbos spend in your rooms. add up!

O.o, this sounds kinda intriguing.. I would have preferred the return of guides though :P

Oh, if this also takes into account the number of bans... I have no chance aha.

Zuth
10-03-2012, 09:29 AM
I can remember someone posting something about this here a few days ago, sounds interesting though

Nick
10-03-2012, 09:30 AM
Seems interesting! I wanna see this happen :P

xxMATTGxx
10-03-2012, 09:38 AM
Sounds interesting, can't wait to read more information about this and how it will work fully.

Jazz
10-03-2012, 10:07 AM
If this is right, it will be fab! Very interested.

Chawk
10-03-2012, 10:08 AM
I will Fail at this =)

geo
10-03-2012, 10:09 AM
I hope this is true, although I'd never get picked because of the amount of bans I've got. ;)

MKR&*42
10-03-2012, 10:11 AM
I hope this is true, although I'd never get picked because of the amount of bans I've got. ;)

Join the club ;) x

geo
10-03-2012, 10:14 AM
Join the club ;) x

I think I've had like 3 bans on McDonalds but the once I have had haven't been for the best reasons!!

MKR&*42
10-03-2012, 10:15 AM
I think I've had like 3 bans on McDonalds but the once I have had haven't been for the best reasons!!

On Inexorably I've had about 7? They're all sexual >_>. Wazzervaldez has 30+ and the majority of those are sexual as well aha

dbgtz
10-03-2012, 10:21 AM
I'll demand my spot in the group :3

Also related to the actual article, piss take at trax not returning.

jasey
10-03-2012, 10:30 AM
This seems really interesting although it might give me too much to occupy myself with on Habbo.

Mathew
10-03-2012, 11:16 AM
Didn't they learn their mistake from last time? It was a failed programme simply because you're creating a hierarchy on the actual game. The chosen few will turn into complete egotists, abuse their power, and the get bowed down to by innocent kids cos they want accepting. On an online game.

If it's advertised as a reward scheme with no additional power, as opposed to a elite clan, then it could work.

Mark
10-03-2012, 11:22 AM
As Mathew said, sounds as if it'll make the 'cool kids' or the popular Habbos even more popular, purely because one of the ways in which you can earn it was from getting Habbos to your room.

JerseySafety
10-03-2012, 11:22 AM
'Administer new competitions'. This will be good. Dumb how Habbo have apparently cancelled competitions and now fansites are meant to be doing them.

I miss the room building and video making comps, hopefully this new SuperHabbo thing will work out - I'm certainly going to apply! :P

Mikester941
10-03-2012, 12:16 PM
Why can't they return trax!! I use to make some epic habbo tunes lol. I like the idea of this SuperHabbo though.

Mathew
10-03-2012, 01:29 PM
I never really saw the obsession with Trax. Perhaps it's just because I don't have my sound on, but I thought Habbo made a huge deal over it and it just didn't click with me; almost like an attempted copy of Coke Music.

Red
10-03-2012, 01:36 PM
Agreeing with mathew. Totally opposed to this. Just giving those with their heads stuck up their asses a sense of power. The old programmes were like this and this will be no different. Even the categories to get in? must have furniture and trade a lot and have people go to your rooms?

Catchy
10-03-2012, 01:41 PM
and room minutes habbos spend in your rooms. add up!

Parks a clone in my room

tbh I don't see what's going to be any different every program they have had hasn't worked Habbo X's, Hobbas etc. I don't see why they think this ones gonna last

karter
10-03-2012, 01:41 PM
meh we'll see. I just hope this idea is not exploited by the habbos with power

Okeanos
10-03-2012, 02:39 PM
he was on habbo yesterday, i was there – he said things about a new scheme (not habbo xs) but called 'super habbos' and theyd help people / help with moderation / running of events and competitions... he said something about different tiers in this scheme if i understood him correctly

xxMATTGxx
10-03-2012, 02:42 PM
I don't think it will be called SuperHabbo either:

Superhabbo was a term coined last night. Won't be used. Balance ensures only exp users

Aaron
10-03-2012, 03:05 PM
Well this'll be rather exciting. :P

Kyle
10-03-2012, 03:12 PM
Dumb idea that will flop. Every system like this that gives some a higher status than others is destined to fail.

Plebings
10-03-2012, 04:31 PM
I know this system has countless flaws, but I really like the idea of them hosting events. I'd love to be a part of this, but I doubt I'd be considered

beth
10-03-2012, 04:36 PM
eurgh i hate the people who get these kind of jobs usually have an over exaggerated sense of self worth. feel like reminding them it's not actually irl.

MKR&*42
10-03-2012, 06:51 PM
Do do do, I found someone who was 1 of the people speaking to Paul LaFontaine last night & he posted some of the stuff said on the research lab forum;

In a chat with PaulLaFo last night, he said that the new interface would be introduced to some hotels in a
few weeks. Also, a new programsimilar to HabboXwill be rolled out within the nextfew months, which will give experienced Habbo's the power to help people and act as an undersecretary to the moderators. He said the Superhabbo will receive calls for help, and anything more serious would go to the moderators, along with other things obviously. He also mentioned that if the community feels safe with the new system, he would consider a mass unban.

You have no idea how I want 2/3 of that to be absolute rubbish and I am praying so much it is - even though the dude who posted it is involved with BubbleJuice news team according to his motto (or was... does it still exist? :S - the fansite). I mean...

1) A mass unban is absolutely insane. Although a wide majority of the bans sent out today are unfair, a lot in the past were handed out for fair reasons & could you just imagine someone who got banned for... Hacking or linking out retros... just imagine how ridiculous it is to unban their accounts all at once.

2) The bit underlined. I will seriously consider quitting Habbo if that happens. I don't want the fate of my CFH in the hands of a teenager -AdmittedlytheSingaporeanmoderators are no better - but potentially giving a teenager the fate over my CFH is ridiculous, I'd rather have it in the hands of a fluent, English moderator.

\/

http://www.habbo.com/groups/296747/id/discussions/1201004/id

Mathew
10-03-2012, 08:31 PM
Whilst I do think it's rather bigoted to say you'd rather have an Englishman in charge of your CFH than a Singaporean, I think the majority of us would agree that we'd like someone with at least half a brain cell to handle it. That means we'd like someone who is qualified, CRB checked, the lot of it. I don't really want a random kid seeing what I write, simply because they can't be trusted. These SuperHabbos will have friends who are regular Habbos - it wouldn't surprise me if it gets to the point where they laugh and joke about issues which have been submitted. It's simply inappropriate and unprofessional.

As for a mass-unban, I doubt they'd be silly enough to do it. People have been banned for a reason; paedophiles, hackers, the lot of them. Why let them back..? :rolleyes:!

MKR&*42
10-03-2012, 08:36 PM
Whilst I do think it's rather bigoted to say you'd rather have an Englishman in charge of your CFH than a Singaporean, I think the majority of us would agree that we'd like someone with at least half a brain cell to handle it. That means we'd like someone who is qualified, CRB checked, the lot of it. I don't really want a random kid seeing what I write, simply because they can't be trusted. These SuperHabbos will have friends who are regular Habbos - it wouldn't surprise me if it gets to the point where they laugh and joke about issues which have been submitted. It's simply inappropriate and unprofessional.

As for a mass-unban, I doubt they'd be silly enough to do it. People have been banned for a reason; paedophiles, hackers, the lot of them. Why let them back..? :rolleyes:!

I wasn't trying to say they had to live in the UK/America/Australia etc. and be specifically English. I was trying to emphasise on this point;

"I'd rather have it in the hands of a fluent, English moderator." - Oops, I kinda put an unnecessary comma there. I was trying to say that I would like Moderators who could send responses in fluent English. I wasn't trying to say that they had to be from England aha

My mistake on the punctuation bit :L

Lee
10-03-2012, 08:39 PM
I am finding this hard to understand:

Advantages
- If you received a ban that was not fair, you will have a bigger chance of having it revoked,

You would have thought regardless if a ban was unfair it would be reversed immediately!

Special
10-03-2012, 09:02 PM
To be a SuperHabbo, you must:
- Be 13 years or more,
- Have a certain playing time,
- A good reputation,
- Spent time helping others,
- Have spent time in other Habbo's rooms.

so 99% of people can become one then

Mathew
10-03-2012, 09:08 PM
A 13 year old can view our calls for help..... oh dear....

MKR&*42
10-03-2012, 09:13 PM
Mathew, my thoughts exactly.

and [@]@Special[/@]; Not really if you include reputation. If this programme does go ahead, then it is most likely everyone who is considered "e-famous" (God I hate that word) will become a SuperHabbo or whatever it's going to be called - e.g. People like FieryCold.

Special
10-03-2012, 09:19 PM
Mathew, my thoughts exactly.

and [@]@Special[/@]; Not really if you include reputation. If this programme does go ahead, then it is most likely everyone who is considered "e-famous" (God I hate that word) will become a SuperHabbo or whatever it's going to be called - e.g. People like FieryCold.

reputation & popularity are different things

you are likely to pass as having good reputation if you have never been banned for a serious reason

MKR&*42
10-03-2012, 09:23 PM
reputation & popularity are different things

you are likely to pass as having good reputation if you have never been banned for a serious reason

Ah ok, you have a fair point there ;)

But reputation can be "the beliefs held about someone" so popularity does creep into it aha - but you are more correct (that's not a correct term but meh) than me :L

MKR&*42
11-03-2012, 12:54 AM
More Twitter stuff from Paul LaFontaine;

"Comes from the database. Awarded based on your time in service and the number of people who give you vote for being helpful."

Also, they're being called HabboCMs not "SuperHabbos":

Person 1: "Habbo CM stands for Habbo Community Moderator?"
Paul: "or Community Management. Both work!"

And some other stuff;

"When we release it your experience and reputation will determine how high a CM level you are. Thanks for tweet!"
"You will earn it through good actions. I will publish an article on our thinking for fansites this week."
"... asked about timing for HabboCM. Designers are working on award balance now, coding in April... stay tuned."

Do do dooo.

Breeze
11-03-2012, 10:08 AM
Guess what I just got sent by a friend...

"Today, Paul La Fontaine was on Habbo.com talking to all the other Habbos. He revealed that the project "Habbo X" would be back, under another name: SuperHabbo.

To be a SuperHabbo, you must:
- Be 13 years or more,
- Have a certain playing time,
- A good reputation,
- Spent time helping others,
- Have spent time in other Habbo's rooms.

What will they do?
- Habbos can report directly to the team
- Create and observe new competitions

Advantages
- If you received a ban that was not fair, you will have a bigger chance of having it revoked,
-You can put forward ideas to the SuperHabbo team and they will be reported to Sulake."

... Why Sulake, I know you dislike me but that's just cruel.

Thread merged by Zuth (Trialist Forum Moderator): These threads are discussing the same topics

MKR&*42
11-03-2012, 10:14 AM
http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=739901 << Entire thread on it aha.

And yes, it is ridiculous. I'm not having the fate of my ban or CFH in the hands of potentially a 13 year old. I'd rather have someone who is an official employee of Sulake and has experience in moderation... not someone who probably still laughs at the word "sex" :rolleyes:

Zak
11-03-2012, 10:25 AM
SuperHabbo...... gay. Stop orientating it to 12 year olds. Older people do play you know, plus they're the most likely source you will generate revenue from.... idiots

geo
11-03-2012, 10:28 AM
SuperHabbo. OH MY GOD LMAO!! Habbo X sounded so much better. I really want to become one, haha.

MKR&*42
11-03-2012, 10:29 AM
By the way, they're called Habbo CMs now (Community Managers) according to Paul LaFo:

"Person 1: "Habbo CM stands for Habbo Community Moderator?"
Paul: "or Community Management. Both work!"

Mathew
11-03-2012, 10:37 AM
"asked if fair for HabboCM 2 be competition. Not a competition. Like on eBay where u become a trusted seller all can improve rep"

Breeze
11-03-2012, 10:39 AM
Just learned, it's being called "HabboCM" for Community management, I might put an app through for a laugh, in the long run if I were to get it I'd be the oldest one on the team as well, lmao. They need to stop using children for a job which requires an adult, what is it now? Every child for yourself!!!! It shouldn't happen in my opinion.

MKR&*42
11-03-2012, 10:41 AM
"asked if fair for HabboCM 2 be competition. Not a competition. Like on eBay where u become a trusted seller all can improve rep"

Yeah I saw that as well, I laughed at the comparison he made - sounded a bit strange to be honest.

Zak
11-03-2012, 11:07 AM
Still think it sounds gay :P

FiftyCal
11-03-2012, 12:52 PM
wow i remember those days. Nice to see it making a return

Okeanos
11-03-2012, 12:59 PM
why are so many of you opposed to it? wait and see the details before you dismiss it. i dont think anybody is seriously suggesting 13 year olds will help with moderation - he did say there were going to be different tiers in this scheme after all.

karter
11-03-2012, 01:11 PM
I like how they are not getting much power.. they can't ban you..they will be able to forward the reports to the mod! its really simple

Red
11-03-2012, 02:12 PM
Do do do, I found someone who was 1 of the people speaking to Paul LaFontaine last night & he posted some of the stuff said on the research lab forum;

You have no idea how I want 2/3 of that to be absolute rubbish and I am praying so much it is - even though the dude who posted it is involved with BubbleJuice news team according to his motto (or was... does it still exist? :S - the fansite). I mean...

1) A mass unban is absolutely insane. Although a wide majority of the bans sent out today are unfair, a lot in the past were handed out for fair reasons & could you just imagine someone who got banned for... Hacking or linking out retros... just imagine how ridiculous it is to unban their accounts all at once.

2) The bit underlined. I will seriously consider quitting Habbo if that happens. I don't want the fate of my CFH in the hands of a teenager -AdmittedlytheSingaporeanmoderators are no better - but potentially giving a teenager the fate over my CFH is ridiculous, I'd rather have it in the hands of a fluent, English moderator.

\/

http://www.habbo.com/groups/296747/id/discussions/1201004/id

what the actual ://? I do not want my call for helps to be going to habbos and mass unban? wtf How is it fair that people in the recent clickjacking exploits for example are just going to have their accounts unbanned.

Andii
11-03-2012, 02:57 PM
lol sweet :D :D :D can't wait for this tbh lol

e5
11-03-2012, 03:02 PM
Sounds interesting! With my knowledge of Habbo and my experience, I should meet the criteria for this.

MKR&*42
11-03-2012, 03:42 PM
Aha, he is discussing this in international hotels (Paul LaFo) - Quite interesting to be honest, I'll post a thread with all he's said later :) x

xxMATTGxx
13-03-2012, 04:23 PM
Thanks for your thoughtful notes that add to the discussion about the HabboCM concept. Your points about maturity and automated activity are correct in principle. We hear you loud and clear.

The problem we're solving is how to use technology to restore the best elements of the Hobba program. Experienced users like yourself have identified the Hobba as something that was good. The good news is we're bringing the good parts of it back. The better news is that we're going to use technology to keep it from collapsing like Hobba did.

In the day, Hobbas were hand picked. Because hand picking people doesn't scale and there were no technically enabled feedback loops on Hobba performance, some Hobbas abused their position and the program has to be stopped. The problem was that social media techniques and technology was not leveraged. We all have more experience with that today, and can design a smart program that works.

The design challenge is to make a system that will identify mature, experience players through their measured activity while ensuring oversight so botting, abuse of power and other misuses of the system are not allowed. And where they occur, they can be quickly identified and corrected. There will be guards for the guards.

It is a question of design, balance, resources and oversight. Mods will remain as the backbone to a system of mature HabboCMs and as a line of restraint should a HabboCM behave inappropriately. HabboCM's will not ban. They will make recommendations in serious cases. Mods still have the chats logs and the button. HabboCM's may have the ability to kick users or let everyone cool down when the situation tense. Similar to the two hour ban.

Will there be individual cases of abuse and inappropriate behavior? Sure. And I'm putting faith that the larger group of experienced, mature HabboCM's will identify the perpetrators and help curb the behavior. If not, users will be able to appeal to a mod and we have the button.

At the end of the day we want the same thing. Mature users with appropriate tools to help guide situations out of problems and help well intentioned mistakes from escalating. This concept works in many other online services. We just have to design it and balance it well for Habbo.

My commitment to you is we are not going to go into a room, design a thing and launch it into the community without bringing it to you first. We won't launch it to 10M without testing it and balancing it on a willing few. That is what we are doing here. And your well thought out points will be incorporated into what we build.

That's how we're going to work together and make the service great.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/gdhrgn

MKR&*42
13-03-2012, 04:25 PM
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/gdhrgn

Well thank God they're not going to actually be banning users - a say in whether someone deserves a ban is enough. & I wonder what..

"let everyone cool down when the situation tense. Similar to the two hour ban."

Is? :L

xxMATTGxx
13-03-2012, 05:54 PM
There have been many questions about contests and the staff changes. We had to modernize the contests as they were not reaching enough people. We know they are popular, and we want more people to have access to them.

We had 15 people manually running contests in Habbo and we think they reached about 2000 people each week. We have over 2.5M people each week visit Habbo. That means approximately 1 in 1000 people had access to contests. That is not fair, and its not good a product that reaches such a small portion of users.

We want to have contests that are as widely available as Snowstorm. That means over 25% of Habbos have access to them, which means each week we should have 625,000 people participating in contests. Doing that manually as we were we would need 4,700 contest creators and we don't have that much staff. That's more people creating contests than were participating in them in the first place!

We think a solution is to give senior, experienced Habbos tools to create contests. Then we have local contests run by experienced people who enjoy entertaining other Habbos. We can have an award system with safeguards so we don't devalue badges and other awards. What that looks like is complicated, and we are still working on it. We need your input.

When will it roll out and who will be able to host contests? We are working on that too. We want to roll this out as soon as we can and many of the builder staff making the designs were the ones who used to conduct contests.

As I tweeted about with respect to HabboCM and abuse of tools there is always risk when giving people additional capabilities. So we have to provide the tools, check for things that don't work well, fix it then expand until we have a really robust contest capability.

That's what we're thinking about contests and we want to hear more from you all about how we are thinking here so we can create the best site possible.

http://tweetmore.net/tweets/1585484bdfea087b

Mathew
13-03-2012, 06:54 PM
I like how they are not getting much power.. they can't ban you..they will be able to forward the reports to the mod! its really simple
It's simple until the moderators get complacent and leave the "chosen few" to do whatever they like. Paul's intentions seem good I guess. I think it's cute how he's always playing the CEO role and emphasising the whole "we will work together". Amazing to see how business management styles have changed over the decades.

Pigperson
13-03-2012, 07:25 PM
Sounds really good, I'd love to take part :D

Will

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!