PDA

View Full Version : No competitions

Mathew
10-03-2012, 11:33 AM
I've seen people posting around HxF, saying that Habbo are no longer doing competitions (room building... polls to win badges, etc). Was there an official Habbo article on this? Why have they done it? :O

MKR&*42
10-03-2012, 11:39 AM
I've seen people posting around HxF, saying that Habbo are no longer doing competitions (room building... polls to win badges, etc). Was there an official Habbo article on this? Why have they done it? :O

I believe it was placed on the CEO's Twitter - Sulake want to focus more on the development of furniture and the client as opposed to hosting competitions in-game. I believe the only competitions they're doing now are those repetitive quests :rolleyes:

geo
10-03-2012, 12:07 PM
Yeah, I thought there wasn't many articles.. I hope they do some competitions though, it's kinda fun at times.

Chris
10-03-2012, 12:58 PM
I believe it was placed on the CEO's Twitter - Sulake want to focus more on the development of furniture and the client as opposed to hosting competitions in-game. I believe the only competitions they're doing now are those repetitive quests :rolleyes:

Typical Sulake! I guess they just want to focus on bringing in more money, rather than giving stuff away.

Chippiewill
10-03-2012, 01:15 PM
You know, this is an opportunity for the Competitions and Events department to step up and fill the void..

Mathew
10-03-2012, 01:26 PM
Oooooh fair enough. I don't know whether I like the quests or not. I think it would be better if the quest furniture was actually tradeable, or you actually won decent badges from it. The badges you win from quests are achievement badges and they look daft. I suppose there was a whole lot of people moaning that Habbo gave out too many badges... and now the same people are gonna moan that there isn't enough. Habbo just can't win.

You know, this is an opportunity for the Competitions and Events department to step up and fill the void..
Any ideas? I'm sure if Habbo were willing to make us an article each day with the list of events then it would make everything a whole lot easier! :P Great signature btw! :P

Chippiewill
10-03-2012, 01:28 PM
Any ideas? I'm sure if Habbo were willing to make us an article each day with the list of events then it would make everything a whole lot easier! :P
From what I can tell Habbox Events tend to run mostly games where as the competitions / events which Habbo ran involved stories and exploring.

Great signature btw! :P
Just a picture of my new time-share.

Mathew
10-03-2012, 01:41 PM
From what I can tell Habbox Events tend to run mostly games where as the competitions / events which Habbo ran involved stories and exploring.
Yeah that's right, we tend to primarily focus on hourly games held in Events Organisers' rooms. Perhaps we should try to organise some more quests, complete with a storyline, to make up for the lack of them. Rather like the ones we held last year?

http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=694784
http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=712288

You can view the rooms by opening the spoilers here:
http://habbox.com/#!/dept-events

Jazz
10-03-2012, 01:43 PM
I like doing competitions, they give you something to do when bored :-(

Chippiewill
10-03-2012, 01:50 PM
Yeah that's right, we tend to primarily focus on hourly games held in Events Organisers' rooms. Perhaps we should try to organise some more quests, complete with a storyline, to make up for the lack of them. Rather like the ones we held last year?

http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=694784
http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=712288

You can view the rooms by opening the spoilers here:
http://habbox.com/#!/dept-events

Yeah, you should try to hold one of those once a month or something, those look really fun and could certainly bring in a lot of new users to Habbox. Especially those who miss the ones Habbo used to do.

Inseriousity.
10-03-2012, 02:08 PM
Tbh most Habbo competitions nowadays have all been about trying to just get people to buy the latest new furni (especially those useless "quests"). I hate using back in the day but competitions used to be fun and exciting. I really enjoyed HabboWood film making competitionfor example

Mathew
10-03-2012, 02:53 PM
Yeah, you should try to hold one of those once a month or something, those look really fun and could certainly bring in a lot of new users to Habbox. Especially those who miss the ones Habbo used to do.
I do think it would be nice to hold them more often, although it would probably ruin the impact if they're too frequent. I noted that we received 77 and then 112 correct entries (over the two weeks) for the two quests, and I seem to remember quite a large proportion being completely new Habbos who'd entered the teleport through HxHD. We had people submit their answers through Habbox.com too, in an attempt to get more users signed up when V6 was released! :D

dbgtz
10-03-2012, 03:55 PM
Tbh most Habbo competitions nowadays have all been about trying to just get people to buy the latest new furni (especially those useless "quests"). I hate using back in the day but competitions used to be fun and exciting. I really enjoyed HabboWood film making competitionfor example

Habbowood was one of the best competitions ever (easily exploited though in one year due to the voting system, not sure on other years as I wasn't so aware :L). My favourite that I had done was the Habbolympics 2008 despite coming 5th and other teams cheating, there was just a sense of rivalry against other teams. The satisfaction of beating our biggest rival despite their best attempt to make us lose was awesome.

beth
10-03-2012, 04:00 PM
not a fan of the new comps anyway, same old winners boring boring boring.

karter
10-03-2012, 05:31 PM
I don't like how everyone says that there are always the same winners. Lately, they've been judging comps really great, the people who usually win haven't in recent competitions. Also if you see the same winners in each competition doesn't mean you have any less chance of winning, one example is the christmas room comp 2011. There were loads of winners who hadn't won any comps till then.
All you have to do is try...if you lose its probably because someone else's entry was better than yours. Sometimes there is unfair judging, no doubt about that but not always..

Chippiewill
10-03-2012, 07:20 PM
Although it would probably ruin the impact if they're too frequent.
I could understand that statement when it comes to something like HxSS, staff just end up getting worn out. But for Habbo used to run one of these every week back in '07 so I reckon you could get away with monthly ones EASILY. And because people know to expect them you may find the popularity will increase over time.

Mathew
10-03-2012, 08:19 PM
I could understand that statement when it comes to something like HxSS, staff just end up getting worn out. But for Habbo used to run one of these every week back in '07 so I reckon you could get away with monthly ones EASILY. And because people know to expect them you may find the popularity will increase over time.
Interesting point. I suppose if people know that there'll be a new one in HxHD each month then they may keep on coming back. It may be a good idea to give it a go and monitor the entry levels. Well... providing we can think of some storylines.. :P!

beth
10-03-2012, 08:23 PM
I don't like how everyone says that there are always the same winners. Lately, they've been judging comps really great, the people who usually win haven't in recent competitions. Also if you see the same winners in each competition doesn't mean you have any less chance of winning, one example is the christmas room comp 2011. There were loads of winners who hadn't won any comps till then.
All you have to do is try...if you lose its probably because someone else's entry was better than yours. Sometimes there is unfair judging, no doubt about that but not always..

i don't enter mainly because it is the same old winners, i dunno how you can say it isn't. i don't read the articles because it's the same old names popping up.

karter
11-03-2012, 07:07 AM
i don't enter mainly because it is the same old winners, i dunno how you can say it isn't. i don't read the articles because it's the same old names popping up.

You dont read the articles thats why you don't know, in each competition there are like 80% new winners so yep

Yupt
11-03-2012, 10:29 AM
who needs habbo competitions. pfft.

www.habbox.com/comps <333

Plebings
11-03-2012, 12:43 PM
people only really enter these for the badge though, don't they? I know Hx could make quests and competitions that rival the Habbo ones, but to many people without being able to offer these special one off badges or expensive rares not many people will be interested (unless you start offering prizes worth 100c+ each time)

Seikou
14-03-2012, 04:50 PM
aw, i'm gonna miss all the ones for the badges, love doing them and getting new badges..

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!