PDA

View Full Version : Japan marks quake and tsunami anniversary

GirlNextDoor15
11-03-2012, 08:19 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-17326084

This was the most powerful earthquake ever to have hit Japan. The duration of the earthquake was only 6 minutes but it was enough to kill 15854 people and injure 9677 people. Today, 3155 people are still missing.

R.I.P to those who have lost their lives to this earthquake and let us all hope for a better rebuild of Japan.

-:Undertaker:-
12-03-2012, 07:48 PM
I admire the way the Japanese just get on with it, and i've long admired the way that Japanese public officals (both public and private) stand aside when they've made a mistake.

jasey
13-03-2012, 01:01 AM
Japan has definitely gone through a lot over the past hundred years or so. Many sources indicate that the nuclear disaster is actually much worse than they let on to it being but of course there are always theorists. I wish prosperity to the country as it moves past the disaster and I also wish strength to the next country to be hit with something like that.

JerseySafety
13-03-2012, 02:26 AM
They have stayed strong and everyone admires them for that.

However I think the biggest killer was the Tsunami that followed rather than the actual Earthquake.

FiftyCal
13-03-2012, 03:39 AM
In about a year i think all the debris from Japan will land on the beach in the state i happen to live in. maybe i'll find a new KIA or something dunno anyways RIP

GommeInc
13-03-2012, 01:17 PM
However I think the biggest killer was the Tsunami that followed rather than the actual Earthquake.
They focus on the earthquake because that's what caused the Tsunami in the first place :) But I know what you mean, the damage the 'quake did was mainly to the nuclear plant, which is still having problems this day :/

:Lauren:D:
07-04-2012, 07:24 PM
scary stuff;(<3

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!