PDA

View Full Version : utorrent

Richie
11-03-2012, 11:20 AM
Hey,
I got the new utorrent and nowany timei double click a torrent file it just starts downloading, the box requesting what i want to download from the folder doesn't appear. Why is this and how can I fix it?

wixard
11-03-2012, 11:25 AM
you're pressing the wrong torrent button perhaps? on pirate bay it's the furthest right one

N!ck
11-03-2012, 12:33 PM
Are you using magnet links from the pirate bay?

Jordy
11-03-2012, 12:46 PM
Go to Options > Preferences > UI Settings

Tick "Show a window that displays the files inside the torrent in advanced mode"

Richie
11-03-2012, 01:10 PM
Go to Options > Preferences > UI Settings

Tick "Show a window that displays the files inside the torrent in advanced mode"

Yeah man that's already selected

[@]@wixard[/@] [@]@N!ck[/@]
Perhaps it was a magnet link, can you not select individual files with magnet links?

Chippiewill
11-03-2012, 01:35 PM
You can't with magnet links as you have to wait for the torrent file to be downloaded first. The client doesn't know what files there are with a magnet link until it's got the torrent off someone.

Richie
11-03-2012, 01:39 PM
You can't with magnet links as you have to wait for the torrent file to be downloaded first. The client doesn't know what files there are with a magnet link until it's got the torrent off someone.

ah alright cheers pal

Richie
12-03-2012, 12:27 AM
just tried it again, even with regular torrent links it starts to download the whole folder when i only want one or two files.

Recursion
12-03-2012, 12:03 PM
just tried it again, even with regular torrent links it starts to download the whole folder when i only want one or two files.

That's not the magnet link's fault, that's the client's fault. If you wait a couple of minutes after adding the magnet link to your client, you should be able to untick files you don't want.

EDIT: Sorry, saw you're on about regular torrents :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!