PDA

View Full Version : Do you have specific cutlery and tableware that you will and won't use?

Neversoft
12-03-2012, 01:38 PM
Unsure if this is strange or not, but I have a bowl and a plate that are mine and mine only and I'd get really pissed off if anyone else were to use them. Then out of all the other bowls we have, I only like to eat out of one kind. I can't eat out of the others, I just don't like it. There are certain knives, forks and spoons I won't use either, along with certain glasses. I hate eating a friends food with or from a friends tableware as well. I've never met anyone else like this, everyone else just seems to grab whatever and it doesn't matter to them, but I have to be very specific. Is anyone else like this?

Red
12-03-2012, 01:47 PM
lmao! Abit but not to your extent. I don't mind if I am at other peoples houses, I just take whatever. At home, there are only certain mugs I will drink my tea out of. Oh and I don't like any mugs that aren't white in the inside. I don't really mind about plates or bowels but there are certain forks and knifes which I prefer and if mum puts out other ones, I always go to swap them.

dirrty
12-03-2012, 01:59 PM
not rly, no. i brought my own cutlery, bowls, plates and glasses to my uni house so i'll only use them and not the others. but that's down to everyone else doing the same and not out of preference.

Stephen
12-03-2012, 02:11 PM
yeah i always use a certain fork

Eric
12-03-2012, 02:27 PM
At home, yeah, i use a certain plate and bowl. At school, i just take any plate, fork and spoon.

Vause
12-03-2012, 02:52 PM
i have my own plate and bowl, my own mugs and stuff that only i use. i don't always use my certain plate though but sometimes it cheers me up because it's got spongebob on. lmao

Chris
12-03-2012, 05:21 PM
It is kinda strange, but I only use certain knifes, forks, spoons, bowls, drinking glasses and mugs. Basically everything :P

Jordan
12-03-2012, 06:40 PM
At my dads we have like 3 different types of cutlery and I have my preference of which one I use. I also have a bowl at my mums I prefer to use and also a glass but it's not anything major if I don't have them!

FlyingJesus
12-03-2012, 07:00 PM
There's none that I literally will not use or anything but I certainly have preferences, especially with spoons

Hollie
12-03-2012, 07:24 PM
There's certain knives and forks that I prefer to use to others but it doesn't bother me too much if I use the other kind.

Mark
12-03-2012, 08:06 PM
I have my home mug but the rest I don't really mind lol, they all do the same job.

Sharon
12-03-2012, 09:41 PM
being chinese and all my house is full of chopsticks... i just don't use them unless i feel like being a pro for the day cos i hate them and basically only my dad will actually use them. everyone else (me, little sister/brother and mum) are spoons/knives/forks all the way!!! if we're out eating chinese food i'll use them cos i feel stupid asking for a fork when everyones chinese there

Cerys
13-03-2012, 07:32 AM
We have these old flat forks which I can't use. it doesn't go in my weird shaped mouth right when I eat food so I use the cheap ones my mum bought for me :3

jasey
13-03-2012, 11:21 PM
Unsure if this is strange or not, but I have a bowl and a plate that are mine and mine only and I'd get really pissed off if anyone else were to use them. Then out of all the other bowls we have, I only like to eat out of one kind. I can't eat out of the others, I just don't like it. There are certain knives, forks and spoons I won't use either, along with certain glasses. I hate eating a friends food with or from a friends tableware as well. I've never met anyone else like this, everyone else just seems to grab whatever and it doesn't matter to them, but I have to be very specific. Is anyone else like this?

I am exactly like this. I am very specific about how I eat or I was, at least, back in France. Now that I live in a hotel I don't have the liberty to choose what my food is served on depending on where I am getting food from. Back home, though, I couldn't use any metal cutlery. That meant I always used the disposable plastic spoons, knives and forks. Plates and bowls also had to be styrofoam or plastic and only used once before disposal. I always drank out of bottles too. I feel gross reusing things and it is especially, especially difficult for me to touch metal. This also applies to coins as well and I very often refused accepting coins (stupid - I know) at shops because I just couldn't bring myself to touch it. The coins here in Québec disgust me because some of them have oxidized and look so bloody dirty. It drives me insane. I pay for everything with my credit card as long as they accept that. Plastic is what is comfortable for me.

Seikou
14-03-2012, 04:34 PM
i like to drink from my smurf glass cos i love smurfs and if anyone drinks from my smurf glass i get a bit mad LOL. but if my smurf glass is in the wash, there's a certain type that i prefer using and i like to use a certain type of bowl for cereal, soup, pasta etc :-)

kasi
15-03-2012, 06:28 AM
there's certain glasses and bowls we have that i hate using lol
i used to have a bowl years ago that only i would use but idk where its went

Jazz
15-03-2012, 10:07 AM
not really, i have a certain mug which only I can use but other then that nothing

Lee
15-03-2012, 07:21 PM
Nope just use any me haha!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!