PDA

View Full Version : official reading and leeds lineup.

beth
12-03-2012, 07:25 PM
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0sdoyi63v1qldqcfo1_500.jpg

no bloc party, but still pretty swell.

Rozi
12-03-2012, 07:26 PM
so glad I'm not going lol

beth
12-03-2012, 07:27 PM
very tempted just to go on the saturday for shikari, florence, cribs + blood red shoes.

Rozi
12-03-2012, 07:32 PM
the cure are literally the only one I'd be excited for
Justice would be fun

the rest would be ok

FlyingJesus
12-03-2012, 07:33 PM
Literally not one band I want to see

:.justben.:
12-03-2012, 07:37 PM
I lot coming to Reading i live right by there :L

cocaine
12-03-2012, 07:57 PM
glad i bought pre-sale tickets now. Bethie get yourself down we can bop to shikari

Plebings
12-03-2012, 08:29 PM
when did the black keys get so big?
i'd only go for the cure atm, the dance stage is starting out pretty nicely though! nothing else on there that makes me think 'damn i'll miss them' :(

cocaine
12-03-2012, 08:34 PM
it's just been confirmed that Katy B will be performing in the catering area of the festival.

dirrty
12-03-2012, 08:34 PM
yh all my friends are like lets go go go go and i'm just shaking my head thinking i know like a total of 10 songs out of everyone on that list and wouldn't wanna spend whatever the amount for that pleasure...

Vause
12-03-2012, 08:54 PM
i've seen the same line up but different days, paramore are playing the saturday from what i've seen. i need to know so i can get just the 1 day! dead!

beth
12-03-2012, 08:57 PM
i've seen the same line up but different days, paramore are playing the saturday from what i've seen. i need to know so i can get just the 1 day! dead!

that'll be the leeds lineup. this is reading.

cocaine definitely tempted to pay for just the saturday really.

Vause
12-03-2012, 08:58 PM
oh i see! i was panicing then. i'll probs go to leeds. i'm just bothered about money and stuff. only bothered about paramore. not fussed about anyone else!

Plebings
12-03-2012, 09:00 PM
oh i see! i was panicing then. i'll probs go to leeds. i'm just bothered about money and stuff. only bothered about paramore. not fussed about anyone else!

I doubt Paramore would come over just for R/L, unless you want to see any of the other bands I'd save yourself £50/60 quid and wait til they do some arena tours

Kasabian
12-03-2012, 09:05 PM
I'll be there.

I laugh at the people on my FB saying they paid xxx amount to go to Reading/Leeds and Skrillex aren't playing. Lolololol.

Vause
12-03-2012, 09:06 PM
I doubt Paramore would come over just for R/L, unless you want to see any of the other bands I'd save yourself £50/60 quid and wait til they do some arena tours

they've done R/L before without doing a tour. I've seen them 4 times but I guess I'm sick of waiting for them to do another tour/album :(

Plebings
12-03-2012, 09:20 PM
they've done R/L before without doing a tour. I've seen them 4 times but I guess I'm sick of waiting for them to do another tour/album :(

aw, they'll come eventually xx

Robbie
12-03-2012, 09:28 PM
shikari, pulled apart by horses, cancer bats.

don't care about any of the others.

beth
12-03-2012, 09:30 PM
would quite like to see billy talent too for old times sake.

also did anyone else lol at bullet for my valentine so high up the order. i didn't think they were still relevant to anything.....

LetsBeFreaks
12-03-2012, 09:30 PM
Glitzen they're releasing a new album this year for definite :) they've started recording.

And I actually really want to go..

Vause
12-03-2012, 09:34 PM
@Glitzen (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=3079) they're releasing a new album this year for definite :) they've started recording.

And I actually really want to go..

i know they are, it's just waiting that i hate!

the line up is okay i guess, quite impressed with some of the acts. seen better though.

cocaine
12-03-2012, 09:54 PM
that'll be the leeds lineup. this is reading.

@cocaine (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=12262) definitely tempted to pay for just the saturday really.

i'm gonna dress up as phillis mccleavland for shikari. no joke.

beth
12-03-2012, 09:55 PM
i'm gonna dress up as phillis mccleavland for shikari. no joke.

okay wow that's worth seeing.

cocaine
12-03-2012, 10:03 PM
it's actually decent cause i'm basically the same height/size, haha. with glasses moustache and a wig i may become very popular

samsaBEAR
13-03-2012, 12:22 AM
Pretty much average as always

jasey
13-03-2012, 01:05 AM
I would go just to see Foster The People. They are the best!

Plebings
13-03-2012, 01:30 AM
I always feel bad for bands like enter shikari and all time low, will they ever break out of being put 4th/5th on the mainstage at R/L????

geo
13-03-2012, 07:19 AM
There's a few good people going, Friday would be the best day for me imo. :P

cocaine
13-03-2012, 02:34 PM
I always feel bad for bands like enter shikari and all time low, will they ever break out of being put 4th/5th on the mainstage at R/L????

it's not all bad for them, shikari sub-headlined the NME tent one year i believe. bands like all time low, lostprophets, shikari etc don't have the neccessary mainstream material for headlining a festival as big as reading/leeds!

Plebings
13-03-2012, 05:43 PM
it's not all bad for them, shikari sub-headlined the NME tent one year i believe. bands like all time low, lostprophets, shikari etc don't have the neccessary mainstream material for headlining a festival as big as reading/leeds!

well i don't really mean the specific place (since subhead for NME is pretty much 4/5th main stage), just have they reached/gone past their peak? etc etc.

beth
13-03-2012, 05:55 PM
NO ALEX.

shikari don't need to headline, they don't fit the genre of headliner and i don't think they want to. they still have a connection with their audience where i think a lot of the headliners are very distanced.

cocaine
13-03-2012, 06:12 PM
nah, they're well in their prime at the moment. i'd say the same about all time low too.

samsaBEAR
13-03-2012, 06:18 PM
i don't think enter shikari have peaked, they haven't released a bad album yet, but i think all time low have run their course maybe

beth
13-03-2012, 06:20 PM
i don't think enter shikari have peaked, they haven't released a bad album yet, but i think all time low have run their course maybe

i'd probably go with this, though i think maybe they've just switched audiences (all time low that is) and are having a lot of fun in the pre-teen market.

Jurv
13-03-2012, 07:43 PM
ooh there are quite a few bands i wouldn't mind seeing. i love the maccabees, the vaccines and mystery jets!!

Cerys
13-03-2012, 07:50 PM
NO ALEX.

shikari don't need to headline, they don't fit the genre of headliner and i don't think they want to. they still have a connection with their audience where i think a lot of the headliners are very distanced.

The Foo Fighters aren't distanced imo.

Really can't wait to go ;D
Definitely going to hunt down paramore, though my dad will drag me off to meet Robert Smith... xD

Vause
14-03-2012, 10:32 AM
The Foo Fighters aren't distanced imo.

Really can't wait to go ;D
Definitely going to hunt down paramore, though my dad will drag me off to meet Robert Smith... xD

you won't get within an inch of paramore unless you're a fan club member and pay the £30 a year fee. like i do and have done for ages... lol

Plebings
14-03-2012, 10:54 AM
you won't get within an inch of paramore unless you're a fan club member and pay the £30 a year fee. like i do and have done for ages... lol

Is this actually for real?????

Vause
14-03-2012, 10:56 AM
Is this actually for real?????

yes lol, i'm in paramores fan club and for like meet & greets you have to have a membership. i've been in their fan club for like 4 years.

samsaBEAR
14-03-2012, 02:52 PM
what a lovely way to engage their fans...

beth
14-03-2012, 02:57 PM
love how you think foo fighters are engaged with their fans and then call them 'the foo fighters'. number 1 fan irl. the the must be new.

Cerys
14-03-2012, 03:13 PM

Lol and what makes you think I'm not a member? (:

And Bethie if you're talking about me, I never said I was their number1 fan.
I have liked them for many years and seen them on tour 3 times.

beth
14-03-2012, 03:15 PM
and yet you still add a the.

I like the foals. why are the foals not playing.

Cerys
14-03-2012, 03:24 PM
and yet you still add a the.

I like the foals. why are the foals not playing.

Sorry, is it illegal to add a the?
They sometimes say The foo fighters, so I didn't think it's such a problem.

Like Blink182. Everyone says Blink one eight two but its actually one eighty two, but nobody complains when they say it the 'incorrect' way.
Seriously, stop acting like you're their number 1 fan. :)

Greenday should play (:

FlyingJesus
14-03-2012, 03:25 PM
OH MY GOD THE JOKES

GREEN DAY

cocaine
14-03-2012, 03:28 PM
Sorry, is it illegal to add a the?
They sometimes say The foo fighters, so I didn't think it's such a problem.

Like Blink182. Everyone says Blink one eight two but its actually one eighty two, but nobody complains when they say it the 'incorrect' way.
Seriously, stop acting like you're their number 1 fan. :)

the "one eight two" versus "one eighty two" is just an example of accents and speaking manners. the 'the' on foo fighters just plain doesn't exist. also green day are in the UK but for their crappy broadway musical shows.

OH MY GOD THE JOKES

GREEN DAY

green day were good BACK IN THE DAY, MAN. nowadays they're ****. i'd love to see them just cause but they're awful now

Jazz
14-03-2012, 03:29 PM
there a couple there that i would love to see but its really not worth it for me aha.

omg katy b <33

beth
14-03-2012, 03:30 PM
i would rather die hun than be considered foo fighters number 1 fan. mainly because i have taste.

FlyingJesus
14-03-2012, 03:30 PM
Was actually laughing at "Greenday" when there was a discussion about getting band names wrong but yeah they do have some corkers from like idk 2000ish I guess

Cerys
14-03-2012, 03:31 PM
the "one eight two" versus "one eighty two" is just an example of accents and speaking manners. the 'the' on foo fighters just plain doesn't exist. also green day are in the UK but for their crappy broadway musical shows.

green day were good BACK IN THE DAY, MAN. nowadays they're ****. i'd love to see them just cause but they're awful now

The actual band members say eighty two.

And greenday are still good, just some of their new stuff is **. And the 'the' does exist. Like you said, it may just be accents or where people came from which makes them add the 'the'. (:

oh and I'm SO sorry for a typo???

FlyingJesus
14-03-2012, 03:34 PM
Pretty sure accents don't add words to official titles

Having said that, having a great afternoon listening to The Britney Spears

beth
14-03-2012, 03:34 PM
no no-one adds random the's into words. are you being for reals.

Cerys
14-03-2012, 03:39 PM
no no-one adds random the's into words. are you being for reals.

Yes I am being 'for reals'.
I have more of a habit saying 'I'm going to see the foo fighters today' rather than 'I'm going to see foo fighters today'.
It's grammatically correct? (Idk if that's the right term.)

cocaine
14-03-2012, 03:41 PM
Was actually laughing at "Greenday" when there was a discussion about getting band names wrong but yeah they do have some corkers from like idk 2000ish I guess

oh right haha my bad, didn't notice!

The actual band members say eighty two.

And greenday are still good, just some of their new stuff is **. And the 'the' does exist. Like you said, it may just be accents or where people came from which makes them add the 'the'. (:

because you didn't read nor take in any of what i said in my last post even though you replied to it i'll just quote it again for you

the "one eight two" versus "one eighty two" is just an example of accents and speaking manners. the 'the' on foo fighters just plain doesn't exist.

FlyingJesus
14-03-2012, 03:42 PM
It is not grammatically correct because that is not their title. Queen are not The Queen, Black Sabbath are not The Black Sabbath, Steps are not The Steps

Cerys
14-03-2012, 03:46 PM
It is not grammatically correct because that is not their title. Queen are not The Queen, Black Sabbath are not The Black Sabbath, Steps are not The Steps

So glad you said Queen first btw. They are the best. ;D

And I am so sorry, because apparantly anything I say is incorrect, so you're obviously right.

Btw, I'm pretty sure it's something to do with fighterS? (the s)
I just the foo kickers instead and it felt more correct with the 'the'. Idk.

And I did read what you posted. So I replied. Maybe you didn't understand my reply?

cocaine
14-03-2012, 03:51 PM
And I did read what you posted. So I replied. Maybe you didn't understand my reply?

that accents add random words into artist names? sure, i read it. i just ignored it because you're wrong

Vause
14-03-2012, 03:52 PM
Lol and what makes you think I'm not a member? (:

And Bethie if you're talking about me, I never said I was their number1 fan.
I have liked them for many years and seen them on tour 3 times.

simply because if you were a member you'd know you don't need to "hunt them down" as you'd already have a meet and greet pass

Cerys
14-03-2012, 03:56 PM
simply because if you were a member you'd know you don't need to "hunt them down" as you'd already have a meet and greet pass

Oh right. Simple misunderstanding then.
I said hunt them down as a small joke (private with my friend so you wouldn't understand), and also going an finding them. As far as I'm aware Leeds fest would be really busy, so it'd be hard to actually find where they are.

FlyingJesus
14-03-2012, 04:07 PM
And I am so sorry, because apparantly anything I say is incorrect, so you're obviously right.

You're not wrong simply by virtue of being you, you're wrong because the point you're trying to make is totally false. If you aren't willing to accept that and learn when people teach then you won't get anywhere. I'm sure you are capable of being right about things, but here you're simply not saying things that are true

Btw, I'm pretty sure it's something to do with fighterS? (the s)
I just the foo kickers instead and it felt more correct with the 'the'. Idk.

Ahhh so official names and terms change according to what "feels" right now? So if I wanted to call you Cherries because it "feels" better that would actually become your name?

Cerys
14-03-2012, 04:11 PM
You're not wrong simply by virtue of being you, you're wrong because the point you're trying to make is totally false. If you aren't willing to accept that and learn when people teach then you won't get anywhere. I'm sure you are capable of being right about things, but here you're simply not saying things that are true

Ahhh so official names and terms change according to what "feels" right now? So if I wanted to call you Cherries because it "feels" better that would actually become your name?

Yeah if you want to call me Cherries that's fine, because it's a name. It's not the end of the world.

jasey
15-03-2012, 09:11 AM
Oh right. Simple misunderstanding then.
I said hunt them down as a small joke (private with my friend so you wouldn't understand), and also going an finding them. As far as I'm aware Leeds fest would be really busy, so it'd be hard to actually find where they are.

I actually cannot. It seems you change your story every time someone brings up something that contradicts your endless stream of excuses.

On the topic of the thread, I am excited that there is something for everyone in the lineup.

Cerys
15-03-2012, 03:20 PM
I actually cannot. It seems you change your story every time someone brings up something that contradicts your endless stream of excuses.

On the topic of the thread, I am excited that there is something for everyone in the lineup.

Umm that didn't make sense. You quoted something nothing to do with you. Once again causing arguments.

cocaine
15-03-2012, 04:42 PM
As far as I'm aware Leeds fest would be really busy, so it'd be hard to actually find where they are.

try the big main stage

Cerys
15-03-2012, 04:50 PM
try the big main stage

Yeah because I'm obviously going to go up onto the stage and start talking to them.

geo
15-03-2012, 05:30 PM
Jesus christ :Cerys you're being stupid now. I don't think you have a clue what you're talking about when you lie so it makes it all really stupid and then you expect us all to be morons and believe you.

*REMOVED*

O/T: Most of my friends are going, but not on the day I'd like to have gone on (which was the Friday) and I'm not sure if I'd be on holiday then so yeah, whatever. Maybe another year. :(

Edited by Chris (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not be rude!

Cerys
15-03-2012, 05:51 PM
Um
How have I lied? LOL

Jesus christ @:Cerys (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=75591) you're being stupid now. I don't think you have a clue what you're talking about when you lie so it makes it all really stupid and then you expect us all to be morons and believe you.

*removed*

O/T: Most of my friends are going, but not on the day I'd like to have gone on (which was the Friday) and I'm not sure if I'd be on holiday then so yeah, whatever. Maybe another year. :(

Edited by Chris (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not make off topic posts!

geo
15-03-2012, 06:55 PM
Um
How have I lied? LOL

O playing innocent. You just change what you're saying each time to something even more ridiculous so it's hard to believe a word you say.

Cerys
15-03-2012, 07:44 PM
O playing innocent. You just change what you're saying each time to something even more ridiculous so it's hard to believe a word you say.

Tbh I haven't changed anything at all soo. Awks for you.

I really hope when we are the in crowd get more popular, they play at leeds fest! ;D

beth
16-03-2012, 08:23 AM
try the big main stage

if i throw myself at the big main stage will rou love me.

samsaBEAR
16-03-2012, 09:05 AM
if i throw myself at the big main stage will rou love me.

nope !

beth
16-03-2012, 09:09 AM
nope !

last witness asked me to request you remove their artwork as yr habboxforum avatar because THEY HATE YOU.

o/t: 90% sure we're gonna go down to reading just for the saturday hahaha.

samsaBEAR
16-03-2012, 09:16 AM
last witness asked me to request you remove their artwork as yr habboxforum avatar because THEY HATE YOU.

o/t: 90% sure we're gonna go down to reading just for the saturday hahaha.

the guy from last witness actually thanked me for buying a shirt and when i said i ordered the vinyl he shook my hand and said i was a legend so idk what you're talking about mate

Teabags
20-03-2012, 10:03 PM
So disappointed by this line up. Just hoping Picadilly and silent disco will make the weekend.
Download have by far the best music this year. TENACIOUS DDDDD

Plebings
17-04-2012, 06:16 PM
bump for additions

usually i wouldn't care - except los campesinos! are opening the main stage on sat/sun woo!

dance and lock-up acts have been added as well:

dance: jaguar skills, dj zinc, modestep, feed me, grimes, japanese popstars, clement marfo & the frontline, jagga.

lock-up: main acts: social distortion, anti flag, less than jake, me first and the gimme gimmes, saves the day, gallows.
lock-up: other acts: touche amore, turbonegro, trash talk, a wilhelm scream, ceremony, random hand, the skints, polar bear club, dead to me, star ******* hipsters, pettybone, this is hell, the flatliners, apologies, i have none.

ps go see the acts in bold, that is all

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!