PDA

View Full Version : Florence + the Machine <3

UserPassword9
13-03-2012, 03:30 AM
<3 <3 I love 'em, who does?

Eric
13-03-2012, 04:13 AM
I like their songs especially Dog Days Are Over!

jasey
13-03-2012, 04:42 AM
Florence Welch is over-hyped in my opinion. She has a couple standout tracks but when people talk about 'Ceremonials' I am not really impressed with much of the material on that record. I bought it, anyways, because of the artistic expression she does so well as far as visuals go. I really do believe she has massive talent so I hope she can bring the band to better heights with upcoming releases. That all being said, FATM are wonderful when you stack them up to other artists in the same genre.

geo
13-03-2012, 07:16 AM
I really like some of their songs but I think the songs from her older album are better than most the newer ones. I agree with jasey

Jurv
13-03-2012, 07:49 PM
i love the new album, it's much better than the first in my opinion.

she's also amazing live which is what a few artists/bands lack these days!!

Neversoft
13-03-2012, 08:41 PM
Florence is fabulous. The new album is great, I think it lives up to the first, especially with tracks like Never Let Me Go and No Light, No Light.

Richie
13-03-2012, 08:56 PM
They should call her Florence and the washing machine because she's a woman. Not a big fan but still listen to her music now and then.

UserPassword9
13-03-2012, 11:50 PM
They should call her Florence and the washing machine because she's a woman. Not a big fan but still listen to her music now and then.

THAT IS RUDE AND SEXIST! ZombiesOMG!
No lady isnt just some person who does house work! Julia Gillard is the PRIME MINISTER of AUSTRALIA!! Queen Elizabeth II is QUEEN! We have great FEMALE leaders and stars/idols!
No woman is a maid, sex slave or whatever. Women do have lives and should not be treated disrepectfully and judged by stereotypes!

Yeh, i like Dog Days Are Over too EricYong!

jasey
13-03-2012, 11:58 PM
THAT IS RUDE AND SEXIST! ZombiesOMG!
No lady isnt just some person who does house work! Julia Gillard is the PRIME MINISTER of AUSTRALIA!! Queen Elizabeth II is QUEEN! We have great FEMALE leaders and stars/idols!
No woman is a maid, sex slave or whatever. Women do have lives and should not be treated disrepectfully and judged by stereotypes!

Yeh, i like Dog Days Are Over too EricYong!

There are many maids and sex slaves over the world and the majority of them are women. Don't get me wrong and I don't mean to go off-topic but I thought I would make that point. I am a huge proponent of the feminist movement, mind you. I just believe awareness is key. He was joking, anyways, I think.

Regarding DDAO, I think that the second version of the video is really cute. The blue girls with the bouffants were cute. I wish she did the live performance at that awards show in America a bit better, though. Still, it was good!

scott
14-03-2012, 12:07 AM
i really like florence and the machine wish i could have gone to see her tonight cause she was in Glasgow :( agree with jasey though i much preferred the first album to the second I only really like a few songs off it.

UserPassword9
14-03-2012, 12:15 AM
Yeee i like the blue women they were on Saturday Night Live (the blue girlsz) ;]

Jazz
14-03-2012, 03:32 PM
florence and the machine are amazing! i prefer her older songs tho

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!