PDA

View Full Version : where do you get yr news?

beth
16-03-2012, 06:45 AM
(i was torn between posting this here or in news/current affairs if it's wrong, sorrry.)

i know we're in the age of social media but i was wondering if anyone still buys their news traditionally or uses websites nowadays?

in my house we still buy newspapers daily, my mom buys the daily mail (more for their lifestyle than their current affairs coverage, she thinks there is better quality lifestyle news and more "reading" in the daily mail than any other paper) i buy the "i" (i think it's a good quality paper for 20p) and we also buy the birmingham mail (though it's a god awful sun-style paper and we only buy it for the local listings and job pages).

i don't really use online news websites unless for celebrity news because i never really know where to look, though if i hear BREAKING NEWS anywhere (mainly on twitter: e.g whitney houston's death) the first page i load is BBC news for confirmation.

jasey
16-03-2012, 07:15 AM
I won't go in to more details about how lovely it is back home and how rotten it is in Québec like I seem to do on every other post (I need to get over it already) so I will just note that I read La Presse when I want news from this part of the world and use the internet for mostly everything else. I have always liked France 24. I also read celebrity gossip and stuff. If I am still interested in more, Wikipédia has nice news coverage of major events and the American CNN and the British BBC are good choices as well.

iLogan
16-03-2012, 07:44 AM
Via the Metro when I'm on the train and I normally have Sky News on in the mornings

Mathew
16-03-2012, 07:58 AM
I have a flick through the Metro on my iPad each morning and usually pick up The Times or The Telegraph in the school library if I have no homework to do! :)

buttons
16-03-2012, 07:59 AM
i read dailymail website every day lol but i usually skim the pages and go straight to highest rated comments. i prefer to read what everyone else thinks about the situation.

beth
16-03-2012, 08:00 AM
i read dailymail website every day lol but i usually skim the pages and go straight to highest rated comments. i prefer to read what everyone else thinks about the situation.

in regards to that my friend lee (he used to be on here paintyourtarget but then he dated my irl best friend so we're irl friends OKAY LIFE STORY FINISHED) he runs a blog www.thedimsun.tumblr.com which is about comments left on the suns website.

it's hilarious.

Eric
16-03-2012, 08:53 AM
Buy newspapers. Talking about newspapers, i have to read 3 different languages of newspapers :( learning multiple languages is difficult :(

Cerys
16-03-2012, 09:01 AM
I only see the news when my mums watching bbc breakfast when I wake up. I only watch the headlines.

Chris
16-03-2012, 10:42 AM
I mostly read it online, from bbc news & digitalspy. I do read the paper occasionally, but I don't really find the need anymore.

Neversoft
16-03-2012, 12:33 PM
I don't watch the news, or read a newpaper. I discover most of the news through word of mouth, what's trending on twitter and what's on the MSN homepage when I log out of my email.

Mikey
16-03-2012, 01:01 PM
I read the newspapers everyday, check the BBC News & Sky News websites and if i'm on the computer at home I usually have BBC News on in the background if nothings on telly which is pretty much all the time.

Jazz
16-03-2012, 01:37 PM
bbc news in the morning and evenings and i read the daily mail most days

Vause
16-03-2012, 03:03 PM
Mainly online or on the TV. I sometimes buy a paper but not very often.

Kasabian
16-03-2012, 03:18 PM
Sky Sports news or Talksport.

-:Undertaker:-
16-03-2012, 03:29 PM
The main sources I use are probably the Daily Mail (paper and online), Mail on Sunday (online), Telegraph (online), Guido Blog, Conservative Home, EU Referendum Blog, Reuters, Associated Press, CATO and Liberty forums. But now and again i'll use different such as the Daily Express, Independent, Washington Post, the Boiling Frog Blog, Automonous Minds blog, Infowars etc and other random news agencies/blogs depending what i'm reading up on.

I don't watch the BBC or Sky News anymore as I realised what utter tosh they talk and just how biased they are, especially when it comes down to reporting international affairs.

FlyingJesus
16-03-2012, 03:32 PM
Mostly through Emile Heskey's facebook page tbh

Jurv
16-03-2012, 03:35 PM
i'm always reading the news on the school computers, hahaha.

the websites i use are either nme.com (music news) and google news which links you to other websites.

David
16-03-2012, 03:36 PM
teletext

nah i read the sun when im bored.
& usually sky or bbc news channels, pretty rarely though, only check when something exciting is happening.

geo
16-03-2012, 05:00 PM
My dad buys the newspaper each day, sometimes my mum reads that. Although, I sometimes watch the news or find out most of the latest news on Daybreak. :P

Caution
16-03-2012, 06:06 PM
I sometimes buy the Daily Mail or The Scotsman and I read the Telegraph online everyday, sometimes the Daily Mail cause I love the comments.

Jordan
16-03-2012, 06:16 PM
Mainly on the BBC News Website and if I see the paper then I'll look at it.

brandon
16-03-2012, 06:29 PM
I read the Daily Mail online, but I read more trashy Showbiz stuff than actual news lol.

xxMATTGxx
17-03-2012, 11:49 AM
I don't buy newspapers but will pick up a copy of the Metro on the bus and give it a read. All the other news I read is on websites such as forums, actual news sites and also through Twitter.

kasi
17-03-2012, 03:59 PM
theonion.com

orientalframe?
17-03-2012, 04:50 PM
normally on the tv in the mornings :P i used to read the newspaper quite alot aswell.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!