PDA

View Full Version : if you could listen to one artist for the rest of yr life:

beth
16-03-2012, 06:49 AM
if you could listen to one artist for the rest of yr life: who would it be and why?!

i think for me i'd choose bloc party. to be honest, bloc party aren't my favourite band at all anymore but so much of their music holds memories for me and they have such a large discography (3 albums, 2 remixed albums and various EP's and demos) that i don't think i'd get bored as quickly as i would with my favourite band (johnny foreigner). also a lot of their music is different, they've got really slow and depressing songs such as SRXT and then such upbeat happy songs like flux that i could switch and change between my moods.

my second and very close choice was enter shikari (maybe quite obviously ha) but i feel i would over time bore myself if i listened to them constantly, i think a lot of their music is quite similar (though not from album to album) and it might all blend into one song eventually.

how about you?

jasey
16-03-2012, 07:02 AM
This is a really difficult question. My first impulse is to say Lana Del Rey because her album totally summarizes my life but I do think that her style is quite constant in most of her songs so like you said it might all blend in to one. The same goes for New Young Pony Club. I think if it came down to it, the artist I have listened to the most consistently throughout my life who also have a large discography and varied styles is Girls Aloud. If I had to pick one artist to listen to it would be Girls Aloud.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/0a/Girls_Aloud_-_Can't_Speak_French_Maxi.jpg

beth
16-03-2012, 07:04 AM
This is a really difficult question. My first impulse is to say Lana Del Rey because her album totally summarizes my life but I do think that her style is quite constant in most of her songs so like you said it might all blend in to one. The same goes for New Young Pony Club. I think if it came down to it, the artist I have listened to the most consistently throughout my life who also have a large discography and varied styles is Girls Aloud. If I had to pick one artist to listen to it would be Girls Aloud.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/0a/Girls_Aloud_-_Can't_Speak_French_Maxi.jpg

nicola looks fantastic in that picture, sarah however.......... looks a little bit worse for wear. though i think generally that's what she's good at hahahaha.

jasey
16-03-2012, 07:22 AM
nicola looks fantastic in that picture, sarah however.......... looks a little bit worse for wear. though i think generally that's what she's good at hahahaha.

LOL! Bless Sarah. She was probably half tipsy during the photoshoot so she just decided to let the hair and makeup people do her work and simply give her best 'come and get it' face for the camera.

Cerys
16-03-2012, 07:22 AM
Hmm definitely Queen.
They've got so many songs. Queens truly amazing. ;D

samsaBEAR
16-03-2012, 09:07 AM
if you could listen to one artist for the rest of yr life: who would it be and why?!

i think for me i'd choose bloc party. to be honest, bloc party aren't my favourite band at all anymore but so much of their music holds memories for me and they have such a large discography (3 albums, 2 remixed albums and various EP's and demos) that i don't think i'd get bored as quickly as i would with my favourite band (johnny foreigner). also a lot of their music is different, they've got really slow and depressing songs such as SRXT and then such upbeat happy songs like flux that i could switch and change between my moods.

my second and very close choice was enter shikari (maybe quite obviously ha) but i feel i would over time bore myself if i listened to them constantly, i think a lot of their music is quite similar (though not from album to album) and it might all blend into one song eventually.

how about you?

you didnt even like enter shikari till like a year ago!! jumping on the hype train ;)

i think if i had to pick one artist to listen to i'd rather not listen to music. i would end up hating the band eventually and i wouldn't want to end up hating a band i love now

beth
16-03-2012, 09:10 AM
you didnt even like enter shikari till like a year ago!! jumping on the hype train ;)

i think if i had to pick one artist to listen to i'd rather not listen to music. i would end up hating the band eventually and i wouldn't want to end up hating a band i love now

stop lying!!! it was when common dreads came out which was 2009 which was THREE YEARS AGO YOU ARE RUBBISH.

and o/t that's an interesting point, thanks, WELL MADE.

samsaBEAR
16-03-2012, 09:14 AM
stop lying!!! it was when common dreads came out which was 2009 which was THREE YEARS AGO YOU ARE RUBBISH.

and o/t that's an interesting point, thanks, WELL MADE.

who's lying now?! you were at uni when i put a song on and you were like NAH THEYRE **** ******* SELL OUTS and now you wanna bum rou

beth
16-03-2012, 09:16 AM
who's lying now?! you were at uni when i put a song on and you were like NAH THEYRE **** ******* SELL OUTS and now you wanna bum rou

YOU ARE SPEAKING RUBBISH. THIS IS A FACT. rou actually wants to bum me so idk what yr talking about :S

o/t: i think i'd probably have los campesinos! too cause they've got a big discography hmmmmmmmmmm.

samsaBEAR
16-03-2012, 09:21 AM
YOU ARE SPEAKING RUBBISH. THIS IS A FACT. rou actually wants to bum me so idk what yr talking about :S

o/t: i think i'd probably have los campesinos! too cause they've got a big discography hmmmmmmmmmm.
dont think id lie so you must be remembering it wrong!
i heard the guy from LC! has a very small discography heyyyyooooooooooo

beth
16-03-2012, 09:23 AM
dont think id lie so you must be remembering it wrong!
i heard the guy from LC! has a very small discography heyyyyooooooooooo

los campesinos!'s discography is large and bountiful and you liked the first album, so i presume you'd agree to listening to them at length!

samsaBEAR
16-03-2012, 09:24 AM
los campesinos!'s discography is large and bountiful and you liked the first album, so i presume you'd agree to listening to them at length!

if by length you mean id like to be twenty miles from the speakers when its playing then yes id like to listen to them at length

Eric
16-03-2012, 09:41 AM
Hard decision to make. It's either David Cook or Matt Cardle. I never get tired of listening to their album. They write great songs, and both of them have a strong and beautiful voice.

GirlNextDoor15
16-03-2012, 10:29 AM
definitely beyonce or eminem when im sober haha

Neversoft
16-03-2012, 10:48 AM
Sigur Rós, I think. I've barely listened to them a lot compared to other artists I have in my library, but their music brings me feelings and emotions no other artist can. It's etheral, highly emotive and although their lyrics are in Icelandic, everything just makes sense when I listen to them. They're the sort of band you don't really hear, but you feel.

Mathew
16-03-2012, 11:01 AM
I'm with Cerys. Queen obviously: musical geniuses.

Plebings
16-03-2012, 12:16 PM
i'm so torn.

it'd probably be sufjan stevens, such a huge and varied discography

(i'm sorry lc!, jofo + bss)

Vause
16-03-2012, 12:49 PM
P!nk. Hands down. My all time favourite singer and always will be. She has such a beautiful voice and urgh she is just amazing.

Rozi
16-03-2012, 12:51 PM
I think I've sort of exhausted the Hole discography waaa :(

Maybe The Smashing Pumpkins or Pixies hmmmm

Andeeh
16-03-2012, 12:51 PM
Roots Manuvaaaaaaa

LetsBeFreaks
16-03-2012, 12:54 PM
I'd say paramore but im not so sure because I couldn't live without blasting a bit of Fun. every so often....

I'll say Fun.

Jazz
16-03-2012, 01:06 PM
emeli sande, I adore her music :-)

DeapMeaning
16-03-2012, 01:32 PM
He Is We xx :3

Jurv
16-03-2012, 03:04 PM
i don't think i'll be able to choose one artist, er..

i think i would choose either adele, lana del rey, johnny cash or bob dylan

hiyahon
16-03-2012, 04:25 PM
britney spears without a doubt

FlyingJesus
16-03-2012, 04:31 PM
Toss up between Britney, Hanson, Get Up Kids, and Bon Jovi

geo
16-03-2012, 04:37 PM
I really don't think I'd be able to chose just one artist. I'm pretty sure I'd be bored of the person, no matter who I picked. :(

kitten
17-03-2012, 12:19 AM
http://i.imgur.com/1QVrS.png

marina of course!!

dirrty
17-03-2012, 12:58 AM
kanye or otis redding.

jasey
17-03-2012, 01:29 AM
kanye or otis redding.

Kanye is a really good choice. I adore his stuff.

GoldenMerc
17-03-2012, 01:33 AM
Eminem defiantly

Lamz
17-03-2012, 12:40 PM
Either Drake or Nicki Minaj

orientalframe?
17-03-2012, 12:42 PM
probably britney!!

iLogan
17-03-2012, 12:48 PM
rihanna

has a range of different types of songs for different moods

Lee
17-03-2012, 02:50 PM
Deffinately Drake!

Elegance
17-03-2012, 03:46 PM
probably all time low, they have 4 albums, a live album, 5 EP's, and a bunch of covers, so i wouldn't get bored easily :) they have a few acoustics mixed in their albums and ep's too, so it's not all 'loud'

Cerys
18-03-2012, 10:15 PM
Amy MacDonald. Such a great singer!!

Hollie
18-03-2012, 10:47 PM
Probably OneRepublic, love um so much

J0SH
19-03-2012, 03:47 AM
Think it'd have to be Eminem, one of the if not thee best lyrical artists out there, every song he writes has a strong meaning and is amazing, plus he has a great sense of humour so yeah, I wouldn't have the need to listen to anyone else.

Robi
19-03-2012, 06:18 AM
Easily, 'The Weeknd' unless he decides to bring out an album which would most likely turn him mainstream and crap.. hopefully not! But yeah, I love Abel, he is the best artist imo.

Rainbow
19-03-2012, 07:34 AM
Avril Lavigne :D

wiktoria
19-03-2012, 07:36 AM
I couldn't just choose one artist. i'm never in a mood for just one artist.

JerseySafety
19-03-2012, 09:07 AM
deadmau5 or Eminem

legends period.

AddictedToHTID
20-03-2012, 11:28 AM
Scooter

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!