PDA

View Full Version : Budgeting: are you any good?

beth
16-03-2012, 08:26 AM
i am rubbish at budgeting and rubbish with money in general, i always buy something and then think **** i actually need so and so amount to get through the week and i only have so and so.

does anyone have any budgeting tips? are you really good budgeting?

buttons
16-03-2012, 09:13 AM
sorta. me and my mum are both total control freaks over money. i always put away the majority of income i get in to my savings and keep the rest for myself. however i always feel the need to spend absolutely everything that i have in the bank when i really don't. when i have money i just need to spend it lol i get great enjoyment out of it :(

Andeeh
16-03-2012, 10:22 AM
Im actually not to bad but I don't really have much responsibilitys like my dad to be honest with you, so it is easier.

Mathew
16-03-2012, 10:58 AM
I'd like to think I'm pretty good with budgeting. I tend to be able to control any impulses. :P

Nemo
16-03-2012, 11:02 AM
Yep, i'm damn good at being stingey. I think it must be the asian within.

I'll make a few impulse buys, but i'll never spend more than I have, and can save if I need to.

scott
16-03-2012, 11:19 AM
i'm really bad at budgeting. i'm in so much debt cause of it! half the time i think what did i even buy and can't even remember what i spent the money on :(

GirlNextDoor15
16-03-2012, 11:22 AM
yeah I'm good at handling my money

Vause
16-03-2012, 12:52 PM
i have no control over money. there is always something i want or need and i just spend it there and then. then i'm left for weeks without money. horrible. :l

Inseriousity.
16-03-2012, 01:17 PM
I limit myself to a certain amount of money a week so that's sort of budgeting but the limit could be a lot lower than it is cos I tend to waste a lot on things i dont really need or want just because I can. :(

There was a time when I really really needed a lower budget so I gave my card to my dad and he basically became my ATM although an ATM that could say 'no you've exceeded your budget' and so you can say 'I need a lower budget, only let me have x pound a week' The only problem with this is that you need to trust the person won't go taking your money for themselves and not every parent is like that unfortunately! if you can trust your dad though, you could try that :D

Jazz
16-03-2012, 02:04 PM
im useless, as soon as i get money im down the shops

Catchy
16-03-2012, 02:08 PM
No I am one of the worst people when it comes to money and I'm sure a lot of you know I am... I am going on holiday for 9 days to Croatia in July and I have only saved up £50 so far so yeah. My problem is I will have a bill to pay but I'll think "I'd rather treat myself to a night out and I'll worry about that bill next week" I can't help myself I am absolutely useless with money, currently keep watching my phone waiting for it to go off because somebody is always ringing me hassling me for money which I owe. Eurg!!!!

Vause
16-03-2012, 02:10 PM
No I am one of the worst people when it comes to money and I'm sure a lot of you know I am... I am going on holiday for 9 days to Croatia in July and I have only saved up £50 so far so yeah. My problem is I will have a bill to pay but I'll think "I'd rather treat myself to a night out and I'll worry about that bill next week" I can't help myself I am absolutely useless with money, currently keep watching my phone waiting for it to go off because somebody is always ringing me hassling me for money which I owe. Eurg!!!!

lmaoo "treat myself to a night out" and this jacob is why we are alchys!

i'm the exact same. i get my jsa and i spend it on cigarettes, drink, bus fare, nights out... and then my phone bill. useless.

Catchy
16-03-2012, 02:15 PM
lmaoo "treat myself to a night out" and this jacob is why we are alchys!

i'm the exact same. i get my jsa and i spend it on cigarettes, drink, bus fare, nights out... and then my phone bill. useless.

Mmmm this is exactly the same as me Emma only thing I've never missed a payment for is my credit card because I know if I do that then they'd be charging me redic amounts each day it would be my worst nightmare!

hiyahon
16-03-2012, 04:05 PM
lmao NO

i have to give my card to my friend sometimes 2 stop me using it.

Jurv
16-03-2012, 04:09 PM
i'm actually pretty good at budgeting and saving money.

when i go out i always plan on what i'm going to buy and nothing more, haha.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!