PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever sleep in class while a teacher is teaching?

GirlNextDoor15
16-03-2012, 12:15 PM
Well, obviously if the teacher is teaching and you are sleeping, people will call you rude and disrespectful but sometimes, you just can't control it. Some teachers are plain boring and seriously, don't care if the learning process is fun or not. They say you gotta pay 100% attention when the teacher's teaching but I can't. And trust me, you won't even dare to sleep in class if you're from where I am cause somehow, the teachers have developed a genius method by taking pictures of you sleeping in class and putting them at the canteen where everybody will laugh at you or something. :P

Neversoft
16-03-2012, 12:21 PM
I fall asleep in lectures all the time but that's mostly because I just don't sleep at night, not because they're necessarily boring. If they're boring I'd rather doodle or space out or something. I studied film at college and fell asleep when we were watching some pretty dull films though, and during our final major project I fell asleep in the library with a couple of my friends. That project sure did drain the life out of us.

Rozi
16-03-2012, 12:25 PM
Only a few times aha :p mostly in RE in school once we had finished our exam and just dossed for 2 months or so. My teacher didn't mind and we were only watching boring RE related films (like Gattica and Bend it like Beckham :S apaz they're related to RE?!). oh I frequently fall asleep in PSHCE too. and once in English but my teacher woke me up waawaaawaaa

Neversoft
16-03-2012, 12:27 PM
Only a few times aha :p mostly in RE in school once we had finished our exam and just dossed for 2 months or so. My teacher didn't mind and we were only watching boring RE related films (like Gattica and Bend it like Beckham :S apaz they're related to RE?!). oh I frequently fall asleep in PSHCE too. and once in English but my teacher woke me up waawaaawaaa

YOU FELL ASLEEP WATCHING GATTACA WHAT ARE YOU DOING OMG THAT IS AN AMAZING FILM!!!!!!!!!!

beth
16-03-2012, 01:13 PM
omg in secondary school, i think it was year 10, i'd been up all night (PROBABLY ON MYSPACE*+*+*) and i fell asleep in english, completely zzzonked (wowentershikarijoke) out and woke up and left the lesson as normal. next period all my friends were like LOLOL MISS PRICE THINKS YR ON DRUGS, so i was like youwot. and i had to go and have a meeting with my english teacher, head teacher and a DRUGS COUNSELLOR because she thought i was off my face on smack and that's why i'd had such big bags under my eyes and fell asleep. i was like no miss lol i was just on myspace doing pc4pc and listenin 2 my chemikal r0manc l0l so it was okay in the end. phew.

Inseriousity.
16-03-2012, 01:25 PM
lol no I never sleep, I'm just "resting my eyes" :P

not myspace but did the same as you bethie and was dozing off in french so I don't do all nighters now.

Jazz
16-03-2012, 01:34 PM
i used to sleep all the time in class, it used to annoy the teachers so much but i was tired all the time and just drifted off

Chris
16-03-2012, 01:45 PM
Ive slept in an R.E lesson once. It was awkward when I woke up and everyone was staring at me. :| Other than that, I have to keep myself awake in college because its that boring.

Eric
16-03-2012, 02:53 PM
I remember sleeping during math class and my teacher smacked my head. :\ Now I always try to keep myself awake when i'm feeling sleeeeeepy to stay focus in class.

Vause
16-03-2012, 02:55 PM
Gosh i've been left school for 5 years and as boring as it was I never slept during a class. I just messed around and got into trouble.. a lot.

Catchy
16-03-2012, 02:59 PM
Ye I always used to fall asleep at school/college was so scary though when they would like slam a book down infront of you and you'd jump out your skin then everybody cracks up laughing!!

Jordan
16-03-2012, 06:15 PM
Not really I just close my eyes and ignore everyone.

geo
16-03-2012, 06:43 PM
Um, only in a few English lessons I've had. I usually get startled by my friends as they think it's funny tho!

brandon
16-03-2012, 06:43 PM
Never. With all the noise and everyone around me no matter how tired I am I've never fallen asleep.

Jurv
16-03-2012, 08:43 PM
i've only done it once and that was when i became really ill.

i kept falling asleep in ict and my friend woke me up and then i threw up all over her coat, fun times.

MKR&*42
16-03-2012, 09:52 PM
Only done it once - 2 weeks ago. Maths was mega-boring and our teacher was useless (as always) so I thought I'd shut my eyes and ignore him, then I suddenly get this strange feeling like I've woken up - and sure enough, fell asleep for 15 minutes :L

Cerys
16-03-2012, 10:31 PM
Fell asleep on tuesday and thursday last week. My german teacher talks about stuff we learnt yearss ago xD

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!