PDA

View Full Version : are you afraid of death?

GirlNextDoor15
16-03-2012, 12:54 PM
Words like die, dead, death are taboo words to superstitious people esp. chinese. :P They say it'll bring bad luck but how many of us believe in luck? haha. I'd rather believe in fate. ok that's a bit off topic. So, what do you feel when you first heard of tragic news like 9/11 etc.? Or what do you feel when you first saw a fatal road accident? Well, I still remember how I felt when a road accident killing 28 people happened at where I'm from. I mean I was there! It's like 'i could have died'. And that doesn't mean I don't know that everyday, people die. It's life but are you afraid of death? To me, no atm.

Mikey
16-03-2012, 12:57 PM
Slightly but it's not something I think about to be honest. Would rather live my life to the full and when it happens, then yeah it happens I suppose. :P

Neversoft
16-03-2012, 12:59 PM
Yes, I am. I'm terrified of death, actually. I think maybe I'm so scared because I haven't really achieved anything yet. I'm scared of dying worthless and alone. If you don't live for something, you'll die for nothing, as it goes.

Inseriousity.
16-03-2012, 01:00 PM
Not afraid at dying cos I know it's going to happen no matter what. More afraid of how it's going to happen cos ideally it'd be a 'I'd go to sleep then not wake up' but there are millions of other ways you could die and I'm afraid that I'll get one of the horrible ones.

beth
16-03-2012, 01:06 PM
yes. and i have this really weird thing (it's probably part of my array of mental illnesses) where if i'm thinking about a future event or even looking back at a memory in my head i come up with about 100 different ways i could be killed and then i'm so scared i can't sleep.

for example, i was thinking about a time me and an ex boyfriend went for a walk beside the birmingham canal and then my brain started thinking about all sorts of ways i could've died: i could've slipped on a wet paving stone and given myself a head injury, he could've thrown me in an drowned me, someone could've mugged me out of a bush.

absolutely terrified. but i think it's just me. NO WORRIES.

Inseriousity.
16-03-2012, 01:09 PM
lol it's not just you, I do that too. We can be weirdos together :P

beth
16-03-2012, 01:15 PM
lol it's not just you, I do that too. We can be weirdos together :P

oh thank the lord, honestly thought i'd completely lost it.

buttons
16-03-2012, 01:24 PM
i've never really thought about death in detail... i've never seen myself dying (immortal lol). when i was younger though maybe 5 or 6 it used to freak me out and i dunno why :S

Stephen
16-03-2012, 01:31 PM
No and I can't wait

Jazz
16-03-2012, 01:59 PM
yes. and i have this really weird thing (it's probably part of my array of mental illnesses) where if i'm thinking about a future event or even looking back at a memory in my head i come up with about 100 different ways i could be killed and then i'm so scared i can't sleep.

i do this aswell :-O

i over think about death so much, like after watching films like 'final destination'. i went to a car show and was convinced they were gonna crash and i would get crushed by a car engine fun times. yes im scared of death, terrified

Eric
16-03-2012, 03:09 PM
Yes. My life is so beautiful i just don't want it to end.

Vause
16-03-2012, 03:45 PM

for example, i was thinking about a time me and an ex boyfriend went for a walk beside the birmingham canal and then my brain started thinking about all sorts of ways i could've died: i could've slipped on a wet paving stone and given myself a head injury, he could've thrown me in an drowned me, someone could've mugged me out of a bush.

absolutely terrified. but i think it's just me. NO WORRIES.

all of this is me.

i always sit and think about death sometimes. it only hit me that death will catch up with us all when my grandad passed away. like. it's a scary thing knowing there as such things as just dying instantly. it happens and it could happen to anybody at anytime... really freaks me out :(

Jurv
16-03-2012, 03:49 PM
i'm really quite afraid of it to be honest with you.

i don't think about it all the time, but when i do it really does scare me. :(

Cerys
16-03-2012, 03:51 PM
It's human nature to be scared of death tbh.
No matter how much people try to help you not fear it, you still will. It'll always be there ready to take you at any moment in time, not knowing how you'll die or what happens after death.

Jordan
16-03-2012, 10:04 PM
Yeah, I've always been scared of death and I actually hate myself when I start thinking about it cos I can't stop thinking about it.

dirrty
16-03-2012, 10:23 PM
i'm mostly afraid of not being in control of what happens through the fact that i'm going to die regardless of anything and not knowing what happens after makes me even more wary tbf.

MKR&*42
16-03-2012, 10:30 PM
Nope :) - it's inevitable and I learnt to deal with the fact that I shouldn't be worried about dying - it just doesn't scare me :P

Conspiracy.
16-03-2012, 10:43 PM
I'm terrified of dying. I don't like not knowing completely what's going to happen. I also don't like the idea of it being complete "nothingness" :/ I sometimes cry just thinking about it. At times I think I may even have a weird phobia.

FiftyCal
17-03-2012, 01:59 PM
Ever since i've been diagnosed with Anxiety Disorder back in January i've been fearing it for quite a while :(

Lee
17-03-2012, 02:25 PM
I feel there is no reason to be afraid all your life. Your not dead yet so make the most of it. I havn't ever been faced with a life threatning situation so my view is a tad biased I suppose :(

David
17-03-2012, 06:13 PM
nah bring it on. been in a situation where death was possible and it didn't bother me in the slightest.
but i don't like the thought of everyone else dying - not scared of it though.

jasey
17-03-2012, 06:27 PM
I am mentally ill and death preoccupies my thoughts very often. I have had a couple of almost fatal health incidents so I have been close and that kind of fuels the fear. It terrifies me more than anything. I have made so many mistakes in my time that could have cost me my life. I always wonder if I am going to step over the line one day and them just - boom - it's over.

kitten
18-03-2012, 12:29 AM
i always used to think about this, i got so upset, it doesn't bother me as much, but i guess we all have to die one day

Empired
18-03-2012, 01:06 AM
Absolutely not. I am more afraid of dying than I am of death. I'd rather have a bullet through my temple than die after hours of almost unendurable pain. I believe, when dead, there is nothing, no feelings or emotions, so maybe it will almost be peaceful..

Succubus
18-03-2012, 01:29 AM
I actually don't think of it this way, in all honesty. But not that it's been brought up I'd have to admit I am slightly scared of death but it's the circle of life.

wiktoria
18-03-2012, 10:57 AM
i think everyone is afraid of death. whenever i used to think about dying it made me REALLY upset but it doesn't bother me that much anymore.

Chris
18-03-2012, 11:33 AM
I never really think about it tbh. What scares me the most is the thought of others dying. :(

Accipiter
18-03-2012, 12:58 PM
No, when death is we are not, when we are death is not, so why would we waste time about two things that can never exist together.

dbgtz
18-03-2012, 01:12 PM
I accept death is inevitable.

Robbie
18-03-2012, 01:23 PM
Nope, it'll happen eventually and I just don't think about it. Don't want to waste time worrying when I could be doing something FUN

Rozi
18-03-2012, 01:31 PM
I'd rather die now than get old ha

I'm just scared of the dying process, not the death.

GoldenMerc
18-03-2012, 03:46 PM
Scared of death, scared of dying with out anyone? no.

Seikou
18-03-2012, 04:10 PM
yep, terrified. it actually makes me feel physically sick thinking about it. one day, i'll not be here, i'll be forgotten about, everything around me will be gone and absolutely everything just completely over. it scares me so much..

geo
18-03-2012, 07:17 PM
Um, I'm not too scared of it. I'm more scared of others dying that are so close to me.. I used to be really afraid of it, but it was silly worrying about it for ages and stuff. :P

LetsBeFreaks
18-03-2012, 08:07 PM
im more scared of dying without being happy or living my life to the fullest. I'm scared that when I'm older I'll regret what I did with my life and want to do it again..

but dying is something we all do, I just dont think about it often.

Hollie
18-03-2012, 10:57 PM
A bit yeah but not so much that I get really worried and stuff every time I think about it which isn't really that often anyway.

-:Undertaker:-
19-03-2012, 11:06 PM
I'm not sure really.

The process perhaps, but the end result? not really.

Martin
19-03-2012, 11:49 PM
I've never really been afraid of it, not really thought about it too much though. I guess it happens to everyone eventually and theres no way of stopping that. The thing that upsets me most though is the people that I love and care about going, and just thinking about that is scary.

Aiden
26-03-2012, 12:58 AM
i h8 the idea of it :(

Catchy
26-03-2012, 01:09 AM
I'm actually so afraid of it, I've been known to not even sleep because I've been up all night worrying about it. It really scares me, and especially because I don't believe in 'life after death' it scares me even more 'cause I just think it's going to be NOTHING, I believe you're not going to remember any of your life, wont remember any of your loved ones just wont know anything because you're dead. I certainly can't get my head around it fully and nobody ever has because nobody actually knows for certain what's going to happen. When I think about it, it really saddens me and and I get so upset.

But you can't dwell on it and you just have to live your life to the max I guess.

Samantha
26-03-2012, 08:07 AM
I used to be, I think it's the thought of how it will happen too. I remembering googling it once as I didn't know if it was common and one name was thanatophobia but I seem to remember my fear first noticably stemmed once on holiday. There had been a fire that was supposedly started by a gas bottle. Now, when you are in a caravan and a gas bottle powers most of the things in it it does get a little worrying therefore it stemmed from that. However, it didn't stop once I got home and I used to do this a lot whereby I would put a sheet at one side of me, another at the other and curl my feet into my quilt and my head was protected by my pillow as to say nothing could come through the walls and attack me. I think looking back I was a bit weird but I know I'll probably do it again in the future. I'd say I am afraid of death to an extent but it lies low until something else happens. Fyi the fire was found to be started by a cigarette not a gas bottle.

ange-vashes!
26-03-2012, 10:22 AM
At everyones last moment they don't want to die.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!