PDA

View Full Version : what is yr major "passion"?

beth
16-03-2012, 01:27 PM
we all have a special interest/passion i guess, whether it's arts or cooking, or even yr interest is idk writing habbo news articles or knitting woolly cats, what's yrs?

mine is acting. i live, breathe, eat and sleep the theatre and plays. whenever i'm online i have some kind of essay about acting technique or a play open in another tab and i browse and go back to reading as my time online progresses.

i guess my interest has now filtered into my career as an actor but it works for me because i'm so FIRED up and passionate about my interest that it in turns make me better as an actor.

wooo!!!!

Thread moved by Martin (Forum Moderator): From 'Discuss Anything', as its more suited here.

Inseriousity.
16-03-2012, 01:32 PM
People. I like to find out what makes them tick, how societies develop and change, how people react to different things etc etc. I'd love to do research when I'm older because I like to find out new things.

Neversoft
16-03-2012, 01:33 PM
I guess it's film. I've been passionate about it for as long as I can remember, I want to go into screenwriting and I could just happily watch films until the end of time. I get really emotionally involved in them, they're a great comfort to me, just as much as music, and I see them as something beautiful and creative, a genuine art form. My interest in film has never wavered. I enjoy writing about them, I enjoy talking about them, I enjoy thinking about them, I enjoy watching them, I enjoy reading about them, I enjoy creating them. I just love them.

Jazz
16-03-2012, 01:33 PM
radio.

since i was about 11 ive always wanted to be involved with radio, ive been website djing at little sites and here (obviously) and i just love it so much! im lucky enough to be studying arts production (radio, tv and film) at sixth form in september and have applied for intern at capital fm and my local radio.

buttons
16-03-2012, 01:47 PM
anthropology. cultural and physical. cultural looks at how socities differ from each other, the different beliefs/values/traditions etc they have. i mean, theres a whole world out there - the UK is only a tiny part of it, why wouldn't you want to look at other types of people? physical/biological looks at social and biological behaviours of people and how certain physical features or common reactions (ie fight or flight, sweating, blushing blah) we have is due to human evolution. stuff like sexual selection too.it sucks cause i have absolutely no-one to share my passion with and whenever i mention anything about other culture or evolution irl all i get is "boring" or "who cares? you're scottish not asian" :( i always feel lame whenever i tell people cause it doesn't sound that exciting :/

Vause
16-03-2012, 01:48 PM
I'm the exact same as Jazz. Broadcasting is a massive thing to me. I visited capital FM studios a few times and they love me down there. It was so interesting to see it all in action. But that's so far away from my reach. So I'd go with photography or writing. I love to write. Music. I can't play it but listening to music seems to take all my stress away.

Eric
16-03-2012, 03:33 PM
Hotel and Music. I know it's weird but i love everything about hotel. I've always wanted to start a hotel of my own and manage it myself. I really hope one day i will become a hotel manager! Besides, opening a hotel is a business too, it's better than working with employers. I also have a huge passion for music. I love singing, playing music instruments and I have started learning piano since i'm 6. Music is just beautiful, peaceful and relaxing.

geo
16-03-2012, 03:44 PM
Films and music.

I love all this type of stuff. Not only do I like learning about it and enjoy listening to music/ watching films but it's a way to escape for me which is another fab thing about it. Films complete me and just make me happy.

Jurv
16-03-2012, 03:47 PM
music and photography, i've got a huge passion for them both.

i've been interested in photography for a few years now and i'm happy to be taking it in college. :D

Cerys
16-03-2012, 03:49 PM
Helping people. Like doctors etc. Ever since I was little I wanted to be a doctor/vet.
I'm volunteering at loads of nearby vets to try and help and stuff :3

FlyingJesus
16-03-2012, 04:18 PM
BLOWING RICH OLD MEN

Oops typo, I meant fashion design. Also footballings

hiyahon
16-03-2012, 04:22 PM
u know what babe i am well good at cleaning and i act. love it
i think i'm destined for this career path im leaving uni right now

i actually don't know

beth
16-03-2012, 04:24 PM
u know what babe i am well good at cleaning and i act. love it
i think i'm destined for this career path im leaving uni right now

i actually don't know

why haven't we had a memorial for alex in the centre of brum yet? luv u.

o/t i am also quite fond of cats. but i am not allowed to call it a passion. that's illegal in this country.

hiyahon
16-03-2012, 04:26 PM
hun i'll see u at the bull in 10

---------- Post added 16-03-2012 at 04:26 PM ----------

then i'll punch a hollister *REMOVED*

---------- Post added 16-03-2012 at 04:26 PM ----------

in memory of alex, he would have wanted it.

---------- Post added 16-03-2012 at 04:27 PM ----------

in memory of alex, he would have wanted it.

Edited by Chris (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not avoid the filter or make off topic posts!

velvet
16-03-2012, 07:54 PM
animals, namely dogs (well, canids in general). i was training to be a vet nurse but just didn't find the job fulfilling enough, i always thought if i went into nursing i'd want to be the vet and i was right (having been extremely academic).
i'm now considering dog training as a career path, but ya.

MKR&*42
17-03-2012, 09:04 AM
Psychology of animals :P

How animals "work" has always intrigued me, I just love how they act so much differently to humans (of course not 100% different, they still have aspects of humans) and I'd kill just for the chance to study comparative psychology & learn more about how their brains work differently to ours <3_<3

Rozi
17-03-2012, 01:57 PM
how dare you guys all have passions, I want one!

I guess I like playing music but not like PASSIONATELY but I can become passionate about it and it will like take over my life for a few weeks.

One unusual passion I have is for consumer rights aha, I think it's cause I fancied Ortis from Short Change when I was little.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!