PDA

View Full Version : My nanas dog ate a full pack of chewing gum?

Jssy
16-03-2012, 09:58 PM
Omg I am like so worried. She's a little westie and is pregnant I heard her crunching and managed to savage a bit out of her mouth. It was the fruit chewie and all that was left was the foil because she managed to chew through it all. I was like omg is it pregnancy cravings in dogs. But do you think she'll be ok? It's the first time she's done it with that, except from her appetite for crisps which my grandad gives her. My nana just shruggedit off. its kinda funny she got through a full pack of this:
http://www.britsuperstore.com/acatalog/Wrigleys_Juicy_Fruit_Chewing_Gum.jpg
but I'm also really worried because I don't want anything to happen to her :(

Vause
16-03-2012, 10:00 PM
I'd take her to the vets just to make sure. Or google it maybe? I hope she's okay :(

Jssy
16-03-2012, 10:02 PM
Ah I'm so scared lol my grandad and that just insists she'll be ok but I can't believe it. I have an incredible bond with her and don't want her to be hurt or anything :(

Jurv
16-03-2012, 10:06 PM
i think it would be a good idea to get her checked out or at least make sure she hasn't got access to any more.

there's an ingredient called xylitol in chewing gum which can be quite harmful to dogs.

Chris
16-03-2012, 10:07 PM
I would try to convince your grandparents to have her looked at if I was you, just to make sure she is okay.

Jssy
16-03-2012, 10:15 PM
omg that chewing gum doesnt contain Xylitol. thank god for that. I'm gonna pop around in morning to see how she is. She's such a troublemaker haha but I love her to pieces :)

Jurv
16-03-2012, 10:22 PM
omg that chewing gum doesnt contain Xylitol. thank god for that. I'm gonna pop around in morning to see how she is. She's such a troublemaker haha but I love her to pieces :)

oh good :) let's hope she'll be fine! x

Jssy
17-03-2012, 12:19 AM
Yep I hope so haha :D

Jazz
17-03-2012, 11:48 AM
she will probably poop it out, hope shes alright!

Lee
17-03-2012, 01:39 PM
Id certainly recommend a quick trip to the VET or atleast speak to a vet via phone :)

Vause
18-03-2012, 10:29 PM
Atleast she's going to be okay! I was so close to my dog when he was alive, was always so protective over him!

Jssy
21-03-2012, 07:16 PM
Aw yeah I am too even though my nana only had her for 3 years. I used to have a fear of dogs because I got my neck bitten by an alsation when I was younger and my nanas old sheepdog bit me. When they got trixie she's a westie and we just bonded haha but if anyone leaves the gate open or lets her out by accident she ran away, she bolts out and I cried because I didn't want anything to happen to her :(

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!