PDA

View Full Version : Brandy / Monica - It All Belongs To Me

jasey
19-03-2012, 03:27 AM
I wanted to post about this song when it first dropped but thought I would wait for the full video to come out. Once the video came out, I was writing about it to post but something distracted me and I've only just realised that I never shared it with HxF! The song is called 'It All Belongs To Me' and is by Brandy and Monica as a duet. This is kind of a long time coming after their duet in the 90s called 'The Boy Is Mine' which kind of put them both on the map musically.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk7P1lKkCG0

The song definitely has a throwback feel to the time when the two first recorded a duet. It is certainly very smooth as well as kind of urban and soulful. Unfortunately, most people panned it and really don't like it because they think it sounds a bit too dated to be listenable but also too recent to be categorised as a sort of classic sound. I doubt many users here will like it either but I just have to give the song the credit I think it deserves.

The vocals are flawless and I am so glad they aren't editing the voices in to a higher octave like they used to do about a decade ago to any female who had a deeper voice. It sounds super natural and refreshing. Big up to the producers as well because the production is great, in my opinion, as well. The track makes me feel good when I listen to it and I can even relate to the lyrics. The video is pretty well done also and I think that Brandy really shines as a super gorgeous woman in it because she has the nicer outfits, hair and a better facial structure. They have so much attitude, though - the both of them! The video and song are dedicated in memory to Whitney Houston (surprise) because she was a big mentor to both Brandy and the other less important one.

I love it and you will probably hate it but if you haven't heard this and you like it then my mission is accomplished!

Jazz
19-03-2012, 02:48 PM
i like this, its alright. the start of the song sounds a little bit like a christmas song though aha

jasey
19-03-2012, 04:02 PM
i like this, its alright. the start of the song sounds a little bit like a christmas song though aha

Oh my gosh! You are so right - haha!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!