PDA

View Full Version : New Habbo website :)

LouisCollins
20-03-2012, 12:21 PM
I think they've released the new website content design.

Kyle
20-03-2012, 12:23 PM
http://i55.tinypic.com/ip2n44.png
quite nice imo. also:

* Twitter widget
* An image carousel to show you some of the cool things that are coming out
* Hot Discussions with access to forums is back
* Minimail notifications
* Certain Hotel messages will be sent to your Minimail.

:odey:
20-03-2012, 12:29 PM
Ye I quite like this :)

Needed a change I think, I like how they're trying to modernize, s'always nice,

Looking forward to seeing what else they do :)

Jazz
20-03-2012, 12:39 PM
its alright, but wheres the community section? has it been taken out?

Samantha
20-03-2012, 12:48 PM
Account settings was mainly in the community wasn't it, not sure about it in general though.

Like the new page a lot :).

Succubus
20-03-2012, 12:49 PM
I don't really like it, IMO.
To modern :(

Red
20-03-2012, 12:53 PM
UGHH! where is search habbos? I like to also view habbos online so I can decide whether to even bother coming on. Gonna miss those 2 features loads!

Zuth
20-03-2012, 01:24 PM
Looks really nice :) Shame you cant edit your motto though

Plebings
20-03-2012, 01:48 PM
r.i.p community pages

karter
20-03-2012, 02:58 PM
ugh sulake, typical idiots

they talk about bringing the community together and what is their first step? remove the community page

geo
20-03-2012, 03:41 PM
Meh, not bad. Although karter it does seem a bit silly, haha.

Chris
20-03-2012, 03:57 PM
Love it! Nice to see a change, I think it was much needed!

MKR&*42
20-03-2012, 03:58 PM
As many people mentioned, and as hinted on the .se page - "community" tab got removed x.x

It's ok... I like full-length news articles though ;/// (correct me if there is a way to get to it). Lucky for me that I won't be using that page much for the next few days.

iBlueBox
20-03-2012, 04:09 PM
As many people mentioned, and as hinted on the .se page - "community" tab got removed x.x

It's ok... I like full-length news articles though ;/// (correct me if there is a way to get to it). Lucky for me that I won't be using that page much for the next few days.

Paul tweeted Community tab will return.

Ellz
20-03-2012, 04:11 PM
its nice but they need to focus on the things that matter like the moderation etc

MKR&*42
20-03-2012, 04:19 PM
Paul tweeted Community tab will return.

Aha, good news :D! Thanks for the info. :P +rep x

David
20-03-2012, 04:20 PM
not bad, nice improvement apart from them stuffing the ads in your face even more.
Don't use the home page anyway - I jump straight to /client to logon :P

xxMATTGxx
20-03-2012, 04:50 PM
I sort of like it to be honest. I like the big area for them to advertise new stuff and things!

Bext
20-03-2012, 04:53 PM
Its ok but Im miffed all my ID characters have dissapeared...

Star-Fighter
20-03-2012, 06:17 PM
You can still find all your Habbo ID characters / change character by clicking your Habbo-avatar on the web page. It was like this with the previous web page style aswell.

Cerys
20-03-2012, 07:27 PM
It's not great, imo.
They're trying to make it modern, which is good in some aspects but bad in others.

Jordan
20-03-2012, 07:46 PM
A great improvement. Some things need to be tweeked/added but on a whole a nice design :) Does this mean articles are being ditched and stuff being sent in minimail or what?

xxMATTGxx
20-03-2012, 09:43 PM
Hi there!

We've seen a great deal of questions emerge today, with the launch of the new website design, about groups and forums as well as the role of the website in general. I wanted to address some of those questions and also try to explain a little bit about the process we use when we make decisions on different features.

The reason why we are focusing on the Hotel right now, is because we have been studying our traffic data for a while, and seen that the majority of the time you spend in Habbo, you spend inside the Hotel. The time you spend looking around on the website has been steadily decreasing, and is in fact quite marginal at the moment. For Habbos that have been around for a while, it might seem easy to navigate between the Hotel and the website, but we do see a lot of confusion and pleas for us to make all things important available inside the Hotel. So it's really all about easy access.

The website (and the way we've been using it) is relatively old fashioned, also from a technical point of view, so to keep the product development efficient and bug-free, we need to simplify the structure of the two pieces (the Hotel and the Website). We call this the simplicity principle. For now, that means removing some of the things that are not being used at the moment and making sure we don't have too many duplicate features (features that appear both in the Hotel and on the website). At the same time, we want build a more robust application with new and user friendly interfaces that will work for future features and releases, both for web and for mobile Habbo, maybe also for others to use to create Habbo apps and tools?

We are also want to further develop Group functionalities in the Hotel, meaning more tools for group owners and admins (including better communication channels, e.g. a group wall for quick postings and discussions, as well as an IM-like group chat). Anything that comes to your mind that would help hosting groups and group event, keep your tweets coming! You can obviously also post your comments and ideas on the LabChat discussion forum on Habbo.com. Speaking of forums, they will stay as they are, since they are better for longer offline discussions. However, we are evaluating better forum engines as our own is quite old, and developing a new one is not our core competence.

Then finally, about our feature decisions and how we arrive at them. Basically, we look at three different things when making the design decisions. As you can guess, a lot of data and statistics are evaluated, e.g. how many Habbos use a certain feature currently, how often and how much time is spent? Most of the time the data will give us very straightforward answers, which means decisions are easy to make. Other times we might find that only a very few are using a feature, but they in turn use it a lot. In this situation, we have to ask for more information (e.g. through Yurre's LabChats or polls) in order to find out how and why the feature is being used and whether it can be improved or rather replaced by a better and more used feature (remember the simplicity principle?) And yes, sometimes we have to just try and see what happens, to find out whether or not our assumptions were correct. This is the scariest method! ;)

Whenever something new has launched, no matter what the method is, we always look at the numbers, listen to your feedback, and make sure nothing breaks after the product launches. If we have broken something, we will fix it. If you are terribly unhappy, we will look at ways to improve it. Because at the end of the day, we love Habbo as much as you do :) So thank you for your comments and feedback, keep them coming. Together we can make Habbo the best place to be!

Tweeted By: https://twitter.com/#!/heini_kaihu

jasey
20-03-2012, 09:59 PM
I think it is simply brilliant. Cheers to Paul, Habbo and everyone who worked on this!

MKR&*42
20-03-2012, 10:20 PM
@Charlotte (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=82967) has a very nice opinion on the new homepage and the hotel view (there's black spray paint cause i said something rudeee) :

http://i.imgur.com/TbWvI.png

Oh, before that screenshot she rants about how childish it looks (yes she doesn't mind the pic. being here).

OT: I'm still so-so about it, It's kinda good but I still desire long news articles :(

JerseySafety
20-03-2012, 10:22 PM
WAY to modern. Imo its hideous.

So hard to navigate to.

-:Undertaker:-
21-03-2012, 01:36 AM
Lol that group is hilarious with it being on Habbo Hotel, way to poke a wasps nest.

karter
21-03-2012, 05:41 AM
a big argument here, share the problems you are facing due to the new layout

http://www.habbo.com/groups/296747/id/discussions/1205077/id

P.S This forum is owned by Yurre(Habbo Research Staff)

wiktoria
21-03-2012, 07:09 AM
i really don't like it. they should've kept the friends online thing ugh.

kitten
21-03-2012, 07:47 AM
i don't like it at all :l

Rainbow
21-03-2012, 07:55 AM
I hate this, how do you search for habbos? or the community page? thats all i ever used it for ;l

myke
21-03-2012, 08:52 AM
I definitely like all of these changes that are happening recently :o ... it's starting to look dead modern.

Eric
21-03-2012, 09:55 AM
I like the image carousel, but it looks like the community page is missing :S

Kasabian
21-03-2012, 01:34 PM
I really like it.
Although, I feel it should be centralized and I think it should have atleast a black border round things.

Pigperson
21-03-2012, 07:12 PM
It looks nice and modern but tbh I think it is missing a bit, it just looks a bit empty IMO.

Will

e5
22-03-2012, 04:47 PM
looks pretty funky imo!

karter
25-03-2012, 06:55 AM
btw, the news have been removed if you noticed and its not coming back, it will be either twitter or facebook. **** this..

xxMATTGxx
25-03-2012, 07:00 AM
btw, the news have been removed if you noticed and its not coming back, it will be either twitter or facebook. **** this..

Well that's one of the ways you can use social media, doesn't mean it's a bad thing :P

ange-vashes!
25-03-2012, 01:47 PM
meh its alright.

karter
26-03-2012, 07:27 AM
Well that's one of the ways you can use social media, doesn't mean it's a bad thing :P

most habbo userrs are 13 or so yes? i've seen many concerned parents who do not allow the kids to join facebook, but habbo is urging players to join it. I tweeted this to paul lafontaine, he agrees with me too

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!