PDA

View Full Version : [TV] The Apprentice

Mathew
21-03-2012, 06:39 PM
http://i1.cdnds.net/12/11/618x391/realitytv_apprentice_2012_gallery_5.jpg

The Apprentice is back on our screens tonight with TV gems Lord Alan Sugar, Nick Hewer and Karen Brady. 16 candidates battle it out to win a £250,000 investment.

Wednesdays on BBC1 at 9pm GMT - who's watching? :)

MKR&*42
21-03-2012, 06:42 PM
Didn't find this out till about 5 hours ago :l - But yeah, I'll be watching it of course! Who wouldn't enjoy the failures, the arrogance and the fights... honestly, it makes the show amazing xP.

Love how it's usually the women who tend to be the nicest (in my opinion) on the apprentice xL. I rarely like the men on there ;/ but hey, we'll have to wait and see how it goes tonight :o

beth
21-03-2012, 06:44 PM
i usually start watching about half way through the series when it starts getting serious.

Chippiewill
21-03-2012, 06:56 PM
The two guys behind Nick will be gone within three episodes.

Mathew
21-03-2012, 07:07 PM
Didn't find this out till about 5 hours ago :l - But yeah, I'll be watching it of course! Who wouldn't enjoy the failures, the arrogance and the fights... honestly, it makes the show amazing xP.

Love how it's usually the women who tend to be the nicest (in my opinion) on the apprentice xL. I rarely like the men on there ;/ but hey, we'll have to wait and see how it goes tonight :o
omg, I've been looking forward to it for weeks! :P Arrogance? I know just the man..

Some bad language.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bO8Cnqt79o

I'm looking forward to Lord Sugar tweeting throughout the shows too! :D

The two guys behind Nick will be gone within three episodes.
lol, you can almost tell who are going to be the arrogant ones and who are going to be the good ones just by looking at them! :P

MKR&*42
21-03-2012, 07:11 PM
omg, I've been looking forward to it for weeks! :P Arrogance? I know just the man..

Some bad language.

Oh my God, Him! He made me laugh at times but at other times, I honestly wanted to shoot him in the face - God, he was annoying a lot. And, might check out his Twitter actually aha x

Mathew
21-03-2012, 07:14 PM
Oh my God, Him! He made me laugh at times but at other times, I honestly wanted to shoot him in the face - God, he was annoying a lot. And, might check out his Twitter actually aha x

LOOOOOL I liked him all the way through. He was such an arrogant little **** but he could get away with it! :P

https://twitter.com/#!/Lord_Sugar

garriet
21-03-2012, 07:19 PM
woo, i'm glad its back i shall be watching it! :)

i swear the prize gets worse every year, or i may be wrong?

MKR&*42
21-03-2012, 07:20 PM
LOOOOOL I liked him all the way through. He was such an arrogant little **** but he could get away with it! :P

https://twitter.com/#!/Lord_Sugar

Thanks for the Twitter aha! :P - And yeah, he did get away with it for an incredibly long time... he was very lucky to stay there for such a long while.

---
Garriet, it used to be a job with Lord Sugar but as of... Last year I think, it ended up as a £250,000 reward so that they could start up a business! :) Don't think it changed :S

Mathew
21-03-2012, 07:22 PM
woo, i'm glad its back i shall be watching it! :)

i swear the prize gets worse every year, or i may be wrong?
Well it used to be a job at his company which was on a £100,000 year salary, but now he just offers a £250,000 prize which can go towards helping the winner set up / expand their business. I suppose both prizes can be quite good.

Chippiewill
21-03-2012, 07:38 PM
lol, you can almost tell who are going to be the arrogant ones and who are going to be the good ones just by looking at them! :P

I suspect they choose poor candidates that look arrogant, some wildcard and then some genuinely good people who look like business people all intentionally so that people get a feel for the show.

MKR&*42
21-03-2012, 07:41 PM
To be honest, I miss.. Margaret ? I believe that I was her name, she's where Karen is now aha. I don't know why I miss her, I just feel that she deserves to be next to Lord Sugar on the show again :P But Karen is still quite good I suppose :)

At least she's not completely gone - I believe she appeared at the interviews for the last lot of candidates?

Mathew
21-03-2012, 08:05 PM
I suspect they choose poor candidates that look arrogant, some wildcard and then some genuinely good people who look like business people all intentionally so that people get a feel for the show.
Yeah that's probably true. It's good television at the end of the day.

To be honest, I miss.. Margaret ? I believe that I was her name, she's where Karen is now aha. I don't know why I miss her, I just feel that she deserves to be next to Lord Sugar on the show again :P But Karen is still quite good I suppose :)

At least she's not completely gone - I believe she appeared at the interviews for the last lot of candidates?
Yeah it was Margaret Mountford. She was really good and I think I preferred her to Karen. I always thought it was cute how Nick and Maragret were the two oldies on either side of him! :P Yeah she was in the interviews last time so fingers crossed she is there again. She'll probably appear on "The Apprentice: You're Fired!" one week too! :D

MKR&*42
21-03-2012, 08:08 PM
Yeah it was Margaret Mountford. She was really good and I think I preferred her to Karen. I always thought it was cute how Nick and Maragret were the two oldies on either side of him! :P Yeah she was in the interviews last time so fingers crossed she is there again. She'll probably appear on "The Apprentice: You're Fired!" one week too! :D

I never watched "The apprentice: You're Fired!" I just never had the time to do it, I either went straight to reading a book afterwards or browsed online and just forgot about BBC2 aha :P - It should be on BBC iPlayer though I presume :P

Mathew
21-03-2012, 08:11 PM
I never watched "The apprentice: You're Fired!" I just never had the time to do it, I either went straight to reading a book afterwards or browsed online and just forgot about BBC2 aha :P - It should be on BBC iPlayer though I presume :P

Yeah it's always on iPlayer afterwards. It's only 30 mins long and it's quite nice to see what the general opinion amongst people are. :D I don't think I watched it last time but I might this year, haha.

geo
21-03-2012, 08:19 PM
I really like the apprentice, but like bethie i'll probably watch it half way when it gets better, haa.

MKR&*42
21-03-2012, 08:22 PM
Yeah it's always on iPlayer afterwards. It's only 30 mins long and it's quite nice to see what the general opinion amongst people are. :D I don't think I watched it last time but I might this year, haha.

Oh that's good to see it's only 30 minutes long aha :) - Might try watch it when it's on TV this time, if not - BBC iPlayer it is :)

MKR&*42
21-03-2012, 09:01 PM
Watching it now :D - "The reflection of perfection." One of the ""best"" lines I've heard from that show yet.

---

Aha, loved his Twitter post about it; "Reflection of perfection.... give me strength."

Mathew
21-03-2012, 09:05 PM
Watching it now :D - "The reflection of perfection." One of the ""best"" lines I've heard from that show yet.

---

Aha, loved his Twitter post about it; "Reflection of perfection.... give me strength."

LOLOL. Wouldn't surprise me if they're the one getting fired tonight..! :P

MKR&*42
21-03-2012, 09:07 PM
LOLOL. Wouldn't surprise me if they're the one getting fired tonight..! :P

Aha, yeah would hardly be shocking after he mentioned he would give hints on Twitter :P - also, bringing up "Where's Wally?" Seriously, his analogies (believe that's the correct word for this situation) are amazing.

Mathew
21-03-2012, 09:21 PM
Aha, yeah would hardly be shocking after he mentioned he would give hints on Twitter :P - also, bringing up "Where's Wally?" Seriously, his analogies (believe that's the correct word for this situation) are amazing.

Hahaha, he has such typical old man humour.. it's brilliant! :P

Why didn't the girls work out the sums before they even ordered raw materials? Surely they should just work out what yields the most profit then order the most of that? :P

---------- Post added 21-03-2012 at 09:22 PM ----------

Lord Sugar ‏ @Lord_Sugar (https://twitter.com/#%21/Lord_Sugar)
Do you think when Nick is taking notes he is actually drawing a picture of Margaret

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! omg hahahaha.

MKR&*42
21-03-2012, 09:24 PM
Hahaha, he has such typical old man humour.. it's brilliant! :P

Why didn't the girls work out the sums before they even ordered raw materials? Surely they should just work out what yields the most profit then order the most of that? :P

---------- Post added 21-03-2012 at 09:22 PM ----------

Lord Sugar ‏ @Lord_Sugar (https://twitter.com/#!/Lord_Sugar)
Do you think when Nick is taking notes he is actually drawing a picture of Margaret

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! omg hahahaha.

The second part, I laughed my head off when I saw that on Twitter.

And yeah, it was insane of them to work out all the "financial stuff" after they had made the actual products - good to see these women have a clear grasp of money. I swear one of them works in a department related to finance? :S. But the men are selling a teddy for £15 which is equally as stupid, I'd never pay that much for 1 of those teddies to be quite honest.

Mathew
21-03-2012, 09:31 PM
The second part, I laughed my head off when I saw that on Twitter.

And yeah, it was insane of them to work out all the "financial stuff" after they had made the actual products - good to see these women have a clear grasp of money. I swear one of them works in a department related to finance? :S. But the men are selling a teddy for £15 which is equally as stupid, I'd never pay that much for 1 of those teddies to be quite honest.

Yeah, the teddies are tiny so that's a bit silly. Reduced to £10 now which is still a bit much imo LOL! :P

Why don't the girls split up all over the zoo rather than all squabbling for the same sales?!?! UGH SILLY PEOPLE!!!! It's just threatening if all four of them are there screaming at them!!

LMAOOOOOOOOOOO they just got pwned by that man omg hahaha!!

MKR&*42
21-03-2012, 09:35 PM
Yeah, the teddies are tiny so that's a bit silly. Reduced to £10 now which is still a bit much imo LOL! :P

Why don't the girls split up all over the zoo rather than all squabbling for the same sales?!?! UGH SILLY PEOPLE!!!! It's just threatening if all four of them are there screaming at them!!

LMAOOOOOOOOOOO they just got pwned by that man omg hahaha!!

I reckon that the boys stand a better chance at winning now - but their products did have those errors on it, so who knows?! And yeah, why would they decide "let's all stick together and sell in turns" instead of "let's split up and try and maximise sales!" - no sense in it at all. Of course there was going to be some squabbling, shame they didn't realise that.

I missed the part where they crowded her :( But I did see the man come out and "speak" to them and was very proud of him for doing that aha. Those girls are a bit... "snappy" :L

Can't wait to see which team wins :) - I'm placing "bets" on the boys aha ;)

Mathew
21-03-2012, 09:39 PM
I reckon that the boys stand a better chance at winning now - but their products did have those errors on it, so who knows?! And yeah, why would they decide "let's all stick together and sell in turns" instead of "let's split up and try and maximise sales!" - no sense in it at all. Of course there was going to be some squabbling, shame they didn't realise that.

I missed the part where they crowded her :( But I did see the man come out and "speak" to them and was very proud of him for doing that aha. Those girls are a bit... "snappy" :L

Can't wait to see which team wins :) - I'm placing "bets" on the boys aha ;)
Yeah it's not often you get drama like that! Good on the man who came out of the shop!

Yep you were right! £616 against £214!! Quite a result, although a huge kick in the teeth for the woman who's wanting to go into the printing business.. :O

DID EVERYONE SEE THE "LORD SUGAR WILL SEE YOU NOW" WOMAN?? OMG!!

MKR&*42
21-03-2012, 09:41 PM
Mathew; Oh my God, did I miss the woman? I swear she's actually useless :L. I bet she gets paid £1000s for answering the phone about 3 times aha, seems to be her only role really. But I expect there's more to it :L

Jane is so getting dragged back in. and I reckon that Bulgarian woman will due to her "stealing" customers apparently :L

-tries to spot woman-. Aww.

Mathew
21-03-2012, 09:48 PM
LOOOOOOOL yeah she was an Asian-looking woman... looked to be filling in a fake form! :P She was on at 32 minutes... Alex3213 is gonna look back too hahaha! :P

Katie didn't really do much.. you could see that when she was doing the printing and stuff. KATIE TO GO!!!!!

MKR&*42
21-03-2012, 09:51 PM
Oooft, the tension. Katie reminds me of someone from a TV show but I can't put my finger on it.

I reckon the Bulgarian one will go to be honest x Sorry Bilyana (I think)

Mathew
21-03-2012, 09:54 PM
Bilyana is a great name!!! WHO'S IT GONNA BE!!!! :O TENSE.

Okayyyyyy I think he'll get rid of Katie.

MKR&*42
21-03-2012, 09:56 PM
-wins ;)

Katie got lucky to be honest. Shying down isn't something that Lord Sugar is going to enjoy as a quality in someone wanting to work/working in business.

Bye bye Bilyana

Inseriousity.
21-03-2012, 09:58 PM
LOL wow she didn't know when to shut up!

MKR&*42
21-03-2012, 10:02 PM
Oh God, Lord Sugar;

"Katie does not know how lucky she was . If Billiana just shut it for a while she might have gone a long way , as she is no mug ."

Billiana (or whatever) will probably be hitting herself right now if she saw that tweet.

Jordan
21-03-2012, 10:07 PM
I honestly thought the girls would of won the task with the ideas they came up with. What the men designed was absolutely awful and was shocked when they actually proved to be the better team. When the two girls at the end were screaming at each other I just laughed. Love this show.

Mathew
21-03-2012, 10:10 PM
-wins ;)

Katie got lucky to be honest. Shying down isn't something that Lord Sugar is going to enjoy as a quality in someone wanting to work/working in business.

Bye bye Bilyana
Ha, well done! ;)
Yeah that's right... anyone watching You're Fired on BBC2??? Dara gave her a drink on behalf of Katie... haha!! :P

I honestly thought the girls would of won the task with the ideas they came up with. What the men designed was absolutely awful as was shocked when they actually proved to be the better team. When the two girls at the end were screaming at each other I just laughed. Love this show.
I thought the opposite! I didn't like the drawings at all, they looked so messy! The London merchandise was pretty nice BUT it wasn't very original soooo I guess that's what the issue was.

BILYANA WAS HEAD GIRL YES YOU GO GIRL!!!

Chippiewill
21-03-2012, 11:03 PM
I want a Dara's Official 2012 Olimipic Bear.

The you're fired was much better than I expected, I thought I'd be annoyed by her voice but her accent was toned down a lot (Somehow).

Mathew
21-03-2012, 11:30 PM
I want a Dara's Official 2012 Olimipic Bear.

The you're fired was much better than I expected, I thought I'd be annoyed by her voice but her accent was toned down a lot (Somehow).
LOL, the bear was hilarious.

I didn't watch You're Fired last series but I might aswell this time. The other woman's raspy voice is so annoying.. I think she's the one who drew the three animals! :P

peteyt
22-03-2012, 05:14 AM

Some bad language.

Ha loved Lord Sugar at the end your REMOVED. I only started watching The apprentice from the first young one, so i've seen two of the young one's and this will be my second main. Do they ever repeat the old stuff?

Edited by Glitzen (Forum Moderator): Please do not avoid the filter!

Alex3213
22-03-2012, 07:43 AM
Haha I enjoyed You're Fired and wasn't that bad. Sometimes the candidates annoy me on the show but she wasn't as awful as I anticipated - yay!

The jack-in-the-box style was hilarious too I found that funny.

-- anyone selling third party olimpic bears? :)

Mathew
22-03-2012, 09:11 AM
Ha loved Lord Sugar at the end your REMOVED. I only started watching The apprentice from the first young one, so i've seen two of the young one's and this will be my second main. Do they ever repeat the old stuff?
Ha, you'll love it! :P I don't think they repeat tasks exactly, but they just tweak it. For example one year the first task was to make sausages, whereas this year it was to sell printed merchandise. They keep some the same such as the interviews to rip their CVs to shreds.. :P

Ellz
22-03-2012, 02:42 PM
just watched it and they are all so big headed its unreal

peteyt
22-03-2012, 04:33 PM
Ha, you'll love it! :P I don't think they repeat tasks exactly, but they just tweak it. For example one year the first task was to make sausages, whereas this year it was to sell printed merchandise. They keep some the same such as the interviews to rip their CVs to shreds.. :P

Sorry I meant do they ever actually air any old series as I wouldn't mind giving them all a watch

Mathew
22-03-2012, 05:24 PM
Sorry I meant do they ever actually air any old series as I wouldn't mind giving them all a watch
Ooooh, errr.. I'm not too sure then! I'm sure they'll be available somewhere amongst the depths of the internet! :P

peteyt
22-03-2012, 11:05 PM
Has anyone seen this ha https://www.facebook.com/pages/Nick-Hewer-Apprentice-Facial-Expression-Appreciation-Society/206860542688458

Neversoft
22-03-2012, 11:21 PM
I want the guy who was sweating buckets at the beginning to win. Also, the woman who designed the animal characters for the girls group has an insanely gravelly voice wow.

Oh and what's the point in even attempting to sell £15 teddy bears at St. Pancras when there's actually a small Hamleys store there which sell the finest bears in the entire world for around the same price. Those guys are MORONS. I go through St. Pancras a lot, I wish I was there when they were so I could have told them how futile their efforts are.

Plucked
26-03-2012, 12:20 AM
Gotta love lord sugar, love this program and always watch it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peteyt
29-03-2012, 02:26 PM
What a mess

myke
29-03-2012, 03:11 PM
I quite liked the girl that went last week... don't like the really rude girl, can't remember her name. Was the one talking about profits and margins last week.

,Jess,
30-03-2012, 08:57 PM
I hate most of the girls this year and that splash thing was stupid Ib think a guy is going to win, don't know which one I cant tell them apart at this stage

Alex3213
30-03-2012, 09:04 PM
I hate most of the girls this year and that splash thing was stupid Ib think a guy is going to win, don't know which one I cant tell them apart at this stage

Yeah I agree I think all the girls are quite hopeless this year. I do like Duane (think that's his name) though from the lads, he seems quite decent but time will tell if that's just an image or if that's the real him.

Neversoft
30-03-2012, 09:27 PM
Gabrielle needs to win. She was so feisty in the first episode. She sets my soul on fire.

Alex3213
30-03-2012, 09:29 PM
Gabrielle needs to win. She was so feisty in the first episode. She sets my soul on fire.

Perhaps it was my imagination but I didn't actually see her do much in this week's episode? :P

Neversoft
30-03-2012, 10:25 PM
Can't remember what she did in the second episode, but I remember seeing her smile and thinking wow she has a nice smile.

Stephen is kind of annoying, and I don't think Katie is going to go very far. Adam and Nick seem okay, Jane needs to smile more, Azhar needs to get off his high horse and I want Jade to speak more because her voice is seriously epic. But all of them have really boring and cliche quotes on their pages.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00pj01n/candidates

Mathew
11-04-2012, 09:01 PM
this is my gut feeling
this is my boardroom
this is my process
this is my money

OMGGGGGGG!! GETTING TENSE!!!!! I think Laura should have gone instead of Jane tbh but yeah he was right in letting Gabrielle stay. Quite like this week's task anyway.. some nice products! :)

iTz-Kyle
11-04-2012, 09:03 PM
Great TV show!

Chippiewill
11-04-2012, 09:06 PM
Nick on you're fired: "Karen carries quite a lot of weight"

Funny, funny man.

Mathew
11-04-2012, 09:06 PM
omg I know that was hilarious LOOOOOOOOOOOL!!

shiver
11-04-2012, 09:11 PM
i am glad that gabrielle stayed, although her union jack idea was terrible she was the only one who really had any creative input in anything

Mathew
11-04-2012, 09:24 PM
OMGGGGGGGGGGG ON YOU'RE FIRED WHEN NICK WAS EATING AT THE CHUTNEY OMGGGGGGGGG AMAZING LMAO!!

Jordan
11-04-2012, 10:18 PM
I thought the suitcase table was hilarious hahaha

Mathew
11-04-2012, 10:25 PM
Not gonna lie I thought the suitcase table was a pretty good idea.

peteyt
12-04-2012, 02:18 PM
I don't think
Gabrielle will last sadly - she's artistic but it seems to me she's too out there and puts her own thoughts art wise over what the public wants. Is it just me or was anyone confused with all the work they did on the stuff - I thought vintage was all about old style stuff but the way they changed them to me made them kind of too contemporary modern art rubbish (I say rubbish as it's not the kind of thing I am into).

If they had picked some vintage stuff and made it look a bit nicer e.g. touched it up, without actually turning it into something else they would have easily won. But instead they ended up putting union jacks onto a load of stuff and turning it into something more yuck for me at least

Chippiewill
12-04-2012, 02:22 PM
Not gonna lie I thought the suitcase table was a pretty good idea.
Would have been ok if they hadn't used brand new table legs, didn't fit.

Mathew
12-04-2012, 04:04 PM
@peteyt (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=69493); The whole Union Jack franchise (minimalist, simplistic) is relatively modern so I was quite surprised when they started printing that on everything too.
@Chippiewill (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=40007); Yeah that's true, they needed making slightly more rustic... then they would match the colour of the suitcase too.

Chippiewill
12-04-2012, 04:21 PM
The union jack thing is also the kind of thing you sell to tourists, not hipsters.

SackRace
12-04-2012, 04:23 PM
I find it quite funny and sometimes very annoying! funny when they went into a old junk shop and bought the ****test things in the shop :P

,Jess,
12-04-2012, 06:12 PM
I'm glad that woman went, I found her too pushy but the leader wasn't that good either. I thought the team that lost put more thought into what they did so was a shame they just completely over spent and lost. I also agree with the brand new table legs looking odd with the suitcase thing else it would have looked alright

peteyt
13-04-2012, 02:40 AM
I'm glad that woman went, I found her too pushy but the leader wasn't that good either. I thought the team that lost put more thought into what they did so was a shame they just completely over spent and lost. I also agree with the brand new table legs looking odd with the suitcase thing else it would have looked alright

I agree they put more thought into it but they put too much thought into it - the task was basically buy a load of old stuff cheap and sell it expensive or at least more than they paid - they over customised everything and I found it lost the thing that made it cool originally - it's like buying an old vintage TV and then adding a load of modern stuff to it - it made the stuff feel out of place to me.

Mathew
18-04-2012, 08:57 PM
Laura should have gone again, IMO. I've found Duane to be pretty good in past weeks, but he was quite uncooperative today.

Neversoft
18-04-2012, 09:12 PM
Ricky's team were robbed. Get Katie out already.

Inseriousity.
18-04-2012, 09:16 PM
Shock result there. How anyone watched that groove train video and thought 'THIS COULD WORK' should probably be fired.

Richie
18-04-2012, 09:30 PM
I've watched it a few times, not a big fan

Mathew
18-04-2012, 09:36 PM
Duane is the brother of Simon Webbe from Blue!! :O!

shiver
19-04-2012, 12:28 AM
i swear to god i get so annoyed when the awful products/projects WIN on this show, and they always seem to
groove train was just terrible.

Jonster
19-04-2012, 02:08 AM
It's so predictable, it's boring. This happens 90% of the time:

Team A are portrayed as morons; they win.
Team B are portrayed as business minded people; they lose.

Team A receive no orders, team B receive 4000 orders.
Team A receive no orders, team B receive 2000 orders
-> It's so obvious team B will win at this point!!! Oh wait.
Team A receive 10000 orders, team B receive no orders.

It's been like this every series for most episodes, and I really don't get why??? The "wth" factor went about 10 series ago.

Ftb80562
19-04-2012, 02:23 AM
Lisa Is My Fave.

peteyt
19-04-2012, 04:33 AM
i swear to god i get so annoyed when the awful products/projects WIN on this show, and they always seem to
groove train was just terrible.

It's been like this every series for most episodes, and I really don't get why??? The "wth" factor went about 10 series ago.

I think the problem was both ideas where crap really - The loosing team really wanted to bring street dancing and body combat together but they didn't promote it well and made it look just like a dance group. While the other idea was crap and cheesy, it did have the fun element and a family market while as the other one might seemed to be too much of one thing and not enough of the other.

Mathew
25-04-2012, 08:39 PM

Looks like the same happened again this evening!

beth
25-04-2012, 08:42 PM
it's getting a tired format now. still funny though.

Mathew
25-04-2012, 08:44 PM
Time for Katie to go once and for all!

Inseriousity.
25-04-2012, 11:05 PM
haha scotpot, one of the best names. Actually creative and witty. Was so surprised when a team actually thought of a decent name!

Neversoft
25-04-2012, 11:05 PM
Yes! Go team Gabrielle!

Get Katie out already.

Woo woo woo.

Southe,
25-04-2012, 11:21 PM
Last weeks ep bored me.. is this one more entertaining? I'm more excited about the fact its in Edinburgh rather than the actual show. Might be the last series i watch of the show.

peteyt
25-04-2012, 11:45 PM
As much as Katie hasn't done a lot Adam really grates on me and I think he should have went tonight - he pushed for cheap cheap cheap and while you do want to keep costs to a minimum they where given the task of selling high quality food and he ignored it completely.

I watched the Your Fired show for the first time and agree Katie shouldn't have been fired but all the praise she was getting I dunno she's better than she was but I felt she was the kind of person who stood by people and people's ideas but seemed to like to let them do all the thinking up concept wise and so on most of the time. Stephen I quite like though for some reason and it seemed this mistake as bad as it was wasn't really something he usually does so I'm glad he wasn't fired.

Mathew
26-04-2012, 07:28 PM
Last weeks ep bored me.. is this one more entertaining? I'm more excited about the fact its in Edinburgh rather than the actual show. Might be the last series i watch of the show.
Yesssss, watch it! :P The "You're Fired" is always hilarious afterwards too!

As much as Katie hasn't done a lot Adam really grates on me and I think he should have went tonight - he pushed for cheap cheap cheap and while you do want to keep costs to a minimum they where given the task of selling high quality food and he ignored it completely.

I watched the Your Fired show for the first time and agree Katie shouldn't have been fired but all the praise she was getting I dunno she's better than she was but I felt she was the kind of person who stood by people and people's ideas but seemed to like to let them do all the thinking up concept wise and so on most of the time. Stephen I quite like though for some reason and it seemed this mistake as bad as it was wasn't really something he usually does so I'm glad he wasn't fired.
I'm torn with Adam. At the start of yesterday's episode, I thought he was being completely stupid by making everything cheap when the task clearly asked for GOURMET food. As the task went on though, he did show good delegative skills. As Lord Sugar said, he just needs to stick to his ideas; then he'll be able to take either the credit, or the negative consequence.

Katie, on the other hand, had been in the boardroom three times so it's clear to see she was doing something wrong. I don't quite know what she did on any of the tasks, so I was really surprised when the majority of the studio audience voted to keep her in. I like Stephen too now, but he was extremely lucky to slide his way out of that predicament!

Why do all the candidates look ten times hotter on "You're Fired"?! :P!

Chippiewill
26-04-2012, 08:59 PM
I think my current favourite to win is Nick since he's a tech entrepreneur and Jenna needs to go before my ears start bleeding. Annoying voice is annoying.

They don't get makeup when on the main show, it's why the effect is exaggerated with the girls.

The Don
26-04-2012, 09:36 PM
Team Azhar all the way!

peteyt
26-04-2012, 10:18 PM
Yesssss, watch it! :P The "You're Fired" is always hilarious afterwards too!

I'm torn with Adam. At the start of yesterday's episode, I thought he was being completely stupid by making everything cheap when the task clearly asked for GOURMET food. As the task went on though, he did show good delegative skills. As Lord Sugar said, he just needs to stick to his ideas; then he'll be able to take either the credit, or the negative consequence.

Katie, on the other hand, had been in the boardroom three times so it's clear to see she was doing something wrong. I don't quite know what she did on any of the tasks, so I was really surprised when the majority of the studio audience voted to keep her in. I like Stephen too now, but he was extremely lucky to slide his way out of that predicament!

Always thought Katie looked okay but better on You're Fired but then when they are stressed I gather it isn't the best thing to look at.

I found Adam annoying the last week - like he was left out not sure exactly why, but he just seemed to be butting in when he didn't need to. He seems to be okay but it seems like he's out of his depth from market stall selling to doing things big.

Happylife10
27-04-2012, 09:26 PM
I remember when someone from the apprentice said and I quote:
Morning sugar

Neversoft
02-05-2012, 09:01 PM
I didn't see Azhar winning at all, but no way did he deserve to go this week. Jade made a complete mess of everything, and was still doing that even after the task was over by bringing Tom back into the board room. She should have gone. But oh well, another win for TEAM GABRIELLE! Next episode looks gooooood.

Rhw
02-05-2012, 09:05 PM
I felt that the correct decision was made. Can't believe Tom was in the boardroom! WHAT.

Mathew
02-05-2012, 09:09 PM
Glad Azhar has finally gone. He's just been throwing out a load of random buzz words (yes, like "strategy") for the whole series. He's just been sailing along and not actually contributing that much, imo!

Neversoft
02-05-2012, 09:25 PM
Azhar has clearly contributed the most this entire series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKwAfYwdXNw

peteyt
03-05-2012, 02:37 AM
Glad Azhar has finally gone. He's just been throwing out a load of random buzz words (yes, like "strategy") for the whole series. He's just been sailing along and not actually contributing that much, imo!

Yet he was exactly right on this one - he new that they needed to have a proper strategy - he was the one who said about taking more things to the market and getting what was needed. Yeah he went on a bit, but so would I - it's obvious Jade couldn't handle the pressure of being Project Manager and Alan Sugar needs a leader not a follower

Inseriousity.
03-05-2012, 10:03 PM
Lol what a joke. He was spot on on this task. Perhaps his delivery needed work but his message was right. I didn't think he sounded that negative, just getting frustrated at the lack of any real response and getting fobbed off with 'lets see what happens.' Jade should've gone although that was definitely one of the more impressive boardroom comebacks I've seen this series. Surprised she didn't just lean over the table and start snogging him!

,Jess,
04-05-2012, 12:37 AM
The woman should have gone, I actually dont think ive noticed her until this week but she was hopeless, she must have a really good business plan or something because I have no idea why she got kept on but that said I wasn't a massive fan of Azhar either

Mathew
09-05-2012, 08:51 PM
Really like Adam - he always seems really enthusiastic and I think he'll go far. I like Gabrielle too, but it seems she only comes out of her shell on the creative tasks, and Sugar needs an all-round good business partner. Tom has been good on past tasks, so I think it's Jade's time to go.

Chippiewill
09-05-2012, 09:22 PM
Adam seems to do well on the selling, I'd really like to see him out of his comfort zone (More than selling art). Tom isn't very organised and is sort of depending on things going as they should. He also sold second-worst which for someone who is supposedly in the know-how is pretty terrible. I wish Jade had gone because she annoys the **** out of me. Gabrielle also seemed pretty fond of the daniel (I think) guy probably because he had some obsession with the union jack like she did in another task.

Time to start predicting final five:
- Gabrielle
- Adam
- Nick
- Ricky
- Tom

Neversoft
10-05-2012, 12:27 AM
WOOOOO GO TEAM GABRIELLE! Glad Tom didn't go even though most of the responsibility was with him. Really think he's performed overall as one of the best so far. I want Gabrielle to win, though.

peteyt
10-05-2012, 04:24 AM
WOOOOO GO TEAM GABRIELLE! Glad Tom didn't go even though most of the responsibility was with him. Really think he's performed overall as one of the best so far. I want Gabrielle to win, though.

Looks like he may be PM again next week - well he should be

Jonster
16-05-2012, 02:14 AM
Only just watched it, but why does Sugar always ask who the team leader was? The team leaders sat in the same seat every week!

Mathew
19-05-2012, 11:32 PM
Well not much really happened last Wednesday. The "woman with the accent" was fired and I'd say it was probably for the best. Glad to see Adam is still in! :)

Mathew
23-05-2012, 08:58 PM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DOUBLE FIRING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He made the right decision with Stephen - he was far too patronising and it really annoyed me. I liked Gabrielle but hey-**.

Chippiewill
23-05-2012, 09:04 PM
I had hoped it would be a triple firing, it would have been awesome to see the awkward moment where all the candidates are waiting around for no one to turn up.

Neversoft
24-05-2012, 03:14 AM
GABBY T_T

Nick to win.

peteyt
24-05-2012, 05:33 AM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DOUBLE FIRING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He made the right decision with Stephen - he was far too patronising and it really annoyed me. I liked Gabrielle but hey-**.

I quite liked Stephen at first - He seemed to me to at least have some sense at the start of the show but then it came obvious he couldn't admit mistakes. However I found Gabrielle was the arty one, which isn't a bad thing, but I didn't think she had all the skills needed and her art stuff didn't always work either.

ben
24-05-2012, 06:38 AM
nick or tom to win

Mathew
24-05-2012, 08:24 AM
I had hoped it would be a triple firing, it would have been awesome to see the awkward moment where all the candidates are waiting around for no one to turn up.
LOLOL. I actually thought it was going to be a triple firing.. he seemed to be on a roll!

I quite liked Stephen at first - He seemed to me to at least have some sense at the start of the show but then it came obvious he couldn't admit mistakes. However I found Gabrielle was the arty one, which isn't a bad thing, but I didn't think she had all the skills needed and her art stuff didn't always work either.
I liked him at first too but his antics in the Boardroom just annoyed me. Gabrielle was always labelled as the creative one, but her first mistake was when she pasted the Union Flag on random pieces of furniture. She was good with ideas, but misunderstood the market and lacked the business acumen the majority of the time.

Still wanting Adam to win, although he didn't seem to take a backseat on yesterday's task.

Chippiewill
24-05-2012, 09:37 AM
I'm personally hoping for a Nick/Adam finale, then I cannot be disappointed as they're both good. I just hope that Lord Sugar stops sending them on high-end tasks as it keeps putting Adam out of his depth, it's funny seeing it (Complementary tea and coffee anyone?) but it could lead to him being fired just for not knowing the market well.

Gabrielle didn't have the necessary skills to win, she had the skills to compete and be a good member of a team but she couldn't lead.
Stephen seemed ok at first but then you realise he's a slimy ass who dances around the boardroom.

What I was really surprised at from Lord Sugar last night was that he didn't realise that multiple deals was a terrible strategy, the company was never going to accept multiple deals from the same place, it would just look bad on the site having half the deals from one place, so whilst stephen's team was wasting time getting as many deals as possible the other team was negotiating their butts off to get the best deals possible.

Matthew
24-05-2012, 03:40 PM
Looked for a second as though he would fire 3 :O

Would have been funny if he did tbh!

peteyt
25-05-2012, 03:16 AM
Yeah I was like omg triple fire! Funny thing is you'd have thought the guy would have explained straight away to the hotel guy - we are deals site, looking for deals, instead of waiting till he'd had the grand tour. It looked very posh so I was sitting thinking, he's not going to want to give anyone cheap reduced prices.

Chippiewill
25-05-2012, 07:47 AM
I think the funniest bit was how ricky had three servings of escalopes from the restaurants.

Matthew
25-05-2012, 09:54 AM
I think the funniest bit was how ricky had three servings of escalopes from the restaurants.

haha yeah. You could see it in his face though when he ate the last one- "Not a bad life this!"

Mathew
30-05-2012, 09:34 PM
Awwwwwww, it's a shame that Adam left but Lord Sugar probably made the right decision, basing it on tonight's task. Based on previous weeks, Jade should have gone. I'm not a fan of Jade because she seems really aggressive... so I'd probably go for Ricky now! :)

:odey:
30-05-2012, 09:38 PM
Didn't really like Adam that much, thought he was a bit stuck up :/
Glad he's gone, he was the worst in the task today.

Ellz
30-05-2012, 09:41 PM
He made the right descision but i honestly thought Nick was going to go

Chippiewill
30-05-2012, 10:01 PM
thought he was a bit stuck up.
I don't think he was genuinely stuck up, I think it was jokingly.

peteyt
31-05-2012, 05:39 AM
Adam always threw himself into stuff which was good - but it's no good throwing yourself into stuff if you can't do it - great at sales, but Lord Sugar needs someone who can do more than sales - actually plan a business, product and that always repeated word strategy.

I'm glad Nick didn't go and think he has a chance of winning. Next week looks good.

Mathew
31-05-2012, 09:22 AM
I think Adam will join up with Lord Sugar for something in the future - after all, he did say to stay in touch. He invested in Susan Ma's skin care company, even though she lost! :P

:odey:
31-05-2012, 10:43 AM
I think Adam will join up with Lord Sugar for something in the future - after all, he did say to stay in touch. He invested in Susan Ma's skin care company, even though she lost! :P

I think that would be good if he did do that, but I don't think he should have won the show :P

Aiden
03-06-2012, 08:49 PM
OMG, I though it was amazing! I really though Lord Sugar would of picked

Tom but no.

What Did you Think

(http://splashhabit.com/the-apprentice-finals-2012/)http://splashhabit.com/the-apprentice-finals-2012/

Threads merged by Jordan (Forum Super Moderator): As both same topic

peteyt
04-06-2012, 03:51 AM
Was I the only one who really liked Nick's Idea. I mean sometimes I see recipes with lots of ingredients and some I've never heard of, basically specialist ingredients that you'd only be able to get from probably a multiple of different specialist shops. So rather than go into different shops and buying them, I'd rather just buy them all together from one place - The site takes a small commission and so on.

Mathew
04-06-2012, 09:43 AM
I was at a Jubilee Party last night so missed the final - I'll try to catch it on iPlayer over the next few days though! :D

Inseriousity.
04-06-2012, 10:49 AM
As soon as Jade said what her business idea was, she was doomed.

Matthew
04-06-2012, 12:08 PM

haha everyone just ripped her idea to shreds.

I think the best man won, but after lord sugar said 'cut the crap' or whatever to Ricky at the start I thought he was doomed. Again after one of the men ripped his application. However after he said 'but then I read your business plan and I liked it' etc you just knew he would probably get the job.

At the end I did think he was gonna go with Tom's risky plan rather than Ricky's safe one though!

Chippiewill
04-06-2012, 01:30 PM
Was I the only one who really liked Nick's Idea. I mean sometimes I see recipes with lots of ingredients and some I've never heard of, basically specialist ingredients that you'd only be able to get from probably a multiple of different specialist shops. So rather than go into different shops and buying them, I'd rather just buy them all together from one place - The site takes a small commission and so on.
I felt like Nick had the best idea but he wouldn't win because Lord Sugar wouldn't be very comfortable without as much knowledge about what he was doing. I felt it was very bizarre that they kept saying it was too much work when he'd basically already finished it.

Neversoft
05-06-2012, 02:10 AM
I warmed up to Ricky, he was probably the most determined throughout, but I was hoping Lord Sugar would go with Tom when it was just down to the final two.

Awh, really? I wanted Susan to win last time so that's good news.

peteyt
05-06-2012, 03:51 AM

Yeah at least if she had won I'd know who to complain to about all the annoying phone calls. I decided to stay on once for there 1 minute phone call that actually took 10 minutes but they always say it will take 1 minute even if your on the way to work. I like to give fake information now, over the top stuff and see how they react.

Pigperson
05-06-2012, 04:13 PM

IKR, I was like are you serious...

I hate this kind of final now cos it's so boring :L

Will

peteyt
06-06-2012, 12:10 AM
IKR, I was like are you serious...

I hate this kind of final now cos it's so boring :L

Will

I like it - I think when you've had tasks for weeks it's good to have something different and its fun to find out what their "amazing" idea is. The thing is they could find some of the tasks tricky - they all failed with stuff, but their business plan they had as much time to work on that as they wanted so to see some collapse instantly makes you wonder.

Remember the women last year, can't remember her name - She won nearly all tasks, and they said they would have gave her the job hands down if it was the old prize of working for him but her business idea was pants - basically offering services to arrange stuff for people too busy to do stuff like ring a dentist.

Mathew
06-06-2012, 09:26 AM
Finally got round to watching this last night. He was so close to choosing Tom, but I can see where he's coming from in that Ricky was the safest. What was Jade thinking though? She performed quite well on the tasks... but to get all that way with such a primitive business model?

Pigperson
06-06-2012, 02:01 PM
Remember the women last year, can't remember her name - She won nearly all tasks, and they said they would have gave her the job hands down if it was the old prize of working for him but her business idea was pants - basically offering services to arrange stuff for people too busy to do stuff like ring a dentist.

Yeh that was Helen, I remember that.

Will

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!