PDA

View Full Version : animals

velvet
21-03-2012, 07:21 PM
if you're an animal lover, what are your views on people who just can't stand them?
if you don't like animals, what are your views on animal lovers?

i took my dogs to my sister's house to see her kids, as they really want a puppy, and she was absolutely repulsed by them. she wouldn't let them near her or in her house and even called one of them a "little rat". i don't get on with my sister at all (her being 20 years my senior), but that's another story. i was doing something nice for HER kids, showing them that dogs aren't scary, (one was phobic of them) and generally giving them a good experience and she turned around and was so rude to me about my pets, that obviously mean the world to me.
it really pissed me off, so ya.

i don't understand how people can't love animals, i think they just enrich your life so much and you really bond with them. i think it's important for kids to have a relationship with animals growing up. i couldn't be with someone, or even be friends with someone who didn't like animals.

saying that, i hate it when people buy teacup dogs, dress them up, don't train them and then get rid of them because they destroy their house or bite people. that disgusts me.

Jssy
21-03-2012, 07:25 PM
I think if one of her kids has a phobia of dogs then it's only right for them to learn that not all dogs are bad. I was bitten by a massive dog when I was little and that scared me all my childhood. Then a few years ago my nana bought a west highland terrier called Trixie who I love to pieces and my uncle has 2 massive rotweillers which I'm not too keen on but even I'm fine with them now.

I love animals too, they're even better than my closest friends sometimes, I just wish I was allowed pets where I live but I csn't because of the tenancy agreement :(

beth
21-03-2012, 07:25 PM
i've never really been allowed a "big" pet (cats/dogs/anything bigger than a rodent) but i have always had a love for animals. when i was a very little girl like the ages of 3-10 i wanted to be a vet and i used to subscribe to all these animal magazines and i loved it, but i kinda grew out of it.

i love cats. if i could have a house with a 10000000 cats i'd be the happiest person in the world. and i always seem to bond really well when i go to friends and they have an animal.

i don't really get people who are mean to animals because they just don't like them and i don't think i could really get on with someone who hates all pets.

MKR&*42
21-03-2012, 07:26 PM
I absolutely adore the majority of animals - but I can empathise with people who dislike a wide variety of animals. For example, whilst they may dislike something I consider cute such as a Panda, I may dislike something that they think is alright... such as a tarantula.

But yeah, I love most animals mainly due to their cute appearance, but also how they act so much different from us... it's kinda intriguing to be honest aha :P. But people who abuse animals, I have no respect for - it's horrid and completely unfair + an example of how some people think "I'm a human, I must dominate over everything and hurt everything smaller than me"... 'tis why shows likr urm "Animal 24/7" or something like that, make me kinda upset ;/ Fail to see why owner's reject all their animal's needs.

I can also understand that someone may dislike animals due to a scary experience from the past - e.g. Being attacked by a dog when you're a child - I don't blame a person if they are scared of animals due to a traumatic experience.

FiftyCal
22-03-2012, 05:49 AM
I'm a big time Animal Lover. I cannot stand people who abuse their animals. I currently have 2 pugs and 1 cat that hugs people :P I found my cat 12 years ago when i was probably 7 years old. I fed it a can of tuna and it never left my house ever again, that poor thing!

Succubus
22-03-2012, 06:59 AM
I generally love animals, people have opinions on animals if they like them or not. Something we can't change.
But when that goes to the extremes (Abusing animals) that's wrong in a lot of ways, I can't stand people who do that.

Although I can't have any animals myself, for one I'm allergic to dogs and secondly not allowed any pets!

wiktoria
22-03-2012, 07:20 AM
i love animals. it breaks my heart when i see a homeless animal :( obviously some people don't like animals but it pisses me off when i hear about animals being abused. it's absolutely disgusting, some people really don't have a heart. i grew up with animals. we always had some sort of an animal in our house. some people need to understand that animals don't just make noise, bite and jump on you.

geo
22-03-2012, 07:39 AM
i love animals. it breaks my heart when i see a homeless animal :( obviously some people don't like animals but it pisses me off when i hear about animals being abused. it's absolutely disgusting, some people really don't have a heart. i grew up with animals. we always had some sort of an animal in our house. some people need to understand that animals don't just make noise, bite and jump on you.

you neglect your animals!!!! poor noodle and noodles. :(

i love animals so much!! i had a hamster that lived for 3 yrs and i loved him, but i'd much rather get a bigger animal. after my holiday i'm going to get a cat because cats are just so adorable and aw, i love them. :)

buttons
22-03-2012, 12:07 PM
i think people who hate animals have no soul

i don't think my childhood would have been the same if i wasn't brought up around pets. i don't have any anymore and my mum doesn't want any but i can't see me not having pets when i have my own place. it's pretty lonely without them, when i was younger and had a bad day at school i'd go hug my dog. seriously, i felt like he was the only one who understood me and sympathized with me :(.

i must admit i used to hate pitbulls cause one bit my cousin in the neck when he was young and his voice box is completely wrecked. in my area, 2 people were recently jailed for using them to fight which disgusts me, they've been banned from having dogs but i know there are still some people that do it. it's always pitbulls?! i remember a guy used to hotbox his room and let his pitbull get high off the fumes.... & there was another guy who cut his pitbull's ears off (i don't mean cropping which is unnecessary anyway)

i really really want a puppy again cause i think they bring so much joy, not too keen on cats but i'll probably have trouble convincing my mum.

FlyingJesus
22-03-2012, 03:00 PM
I love animals they are delicious

Edited by Chris (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not make unconstructive posts!

Cerys
23-03-2012, 01:49 PM
I loove animals.

I have had my dog ever since I can remember. If I didn't have him, my life would be sooo different.

My friends dad says 'dogs are huge rats. They stink and deserve to be on the streets'.
For him saying this, whenever I see him, I want to slap him.

Catchy
23-03-2012, 02:05 PM
I don't mind animals I have a cat well at my dads house but we have had the cat for over 10 years and even though I'm allergic I still love it to pieces even though it can be an annoying little **** at times but wouldn't change it for any other cat. Thing that put me off about dogs though is my sisters dad had one I can't remember what type and it was fine always well behaved and then one day it apparently just lashed out and attacked his gf, she had to have skin grafts and all sorts... I don't know what triggered it but that sort of put me off dogs.

Inseriousity.
23-03-2012, 04:49 PM
i've never really been allowed a "big" pet (cats/dogs/anything bigger than a rodent) but i have always had a love for animals. when i was a very little girl like the ages of 3-10 i wanted to be a vet and i used to subscribe to all these animal magazines and i loved it, but i kinda grew out of it.

i love cats. if i could have a house with a 10000000 cats i'd be the happiest person in the world. and i always seem to bond really well when i go to friends and they have an animal.

i don't really get people who are mean to animals because they just don't like them and i don't think i could really get on with someone who hates all pets.

lololol -zips lips- not gonna say it (a)

I like animals. I think they can be cute and adorable and a good boost for someone with low self-esteem or feeling lonely. I'd just rather have the peace of knowing I don't have to look after one. It'd be an unnecessary responsibility for me and that'd be unfair on the pet.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!