PDA

View Full Version : Ice-skating

geo
24-03-2012, 06:54 PM
I really, really enjoy ice-skating and I want to make it a regular thing to do on the weekends with my friend so I'll get good. I know some of my friends are hopeless at it and then others are just amazing, I mean, they'll go once and just be amazing at it. As for me, I'm not too bad at it, I'll fall once or twice but I can get around without holding the edges, ha!

Have you been ice-skating before? If so, how good were you?

bFen
24-03-2012, 07:02 PM
I Played Ice Hockey for like 3 Years!
I suppose i had to be good to be in the Teams, (not being big headed)

geo
24-03-2012, 07:17 PM
I Played Ice Hockey for like 3 Years!
I suppose i had to be good to be in the Teams, (not being big headed)

Urgh, I hate it when I go round ice-skating and the boys from hockey show off and try making me fall ha. :(
Ice hockey looks so scary.

Succubus
24-03-2012, 07:27 PM
I'm really bad!
I can roller skate, but not Ice skate.
It's really odd. I love it but it's OK I suppose.

kitten
24-03-2012, 08:30 PM
i used to ice skate, i bought my own skates and everything and went on friday nights, but it started to bore me so i stopped D;

cocaine
24-03-2012, 08:38 PM
i'm pretty good at ice skating if i'm honest. i find winter sports easy, be it iceskating or skiing. i'd love to play ice hockey

Camy
24-03-2012, 09:50 PM
I'm not too bad, I used to go with a couple of friends every weekend for like a year before the ice rink shut down. I've only been twice the last year, kinda miss it. I went and bought these skates; http://www.iceskates.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/nike-bauer-vapor-vii.jpg like 3 months before the ice rink shut down, so annoyed, although I'll always have them if I want to go back.

I had to teach myself how to skate, if you're gonna have to aswell, I would say just keep at it lol. Even just watching what other people are doing helped for me.

geo
24-03-2012, 10:12 PM
Camy my friends that play hockey are trying to teach me whilst trying to make me fall. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it soon. :P

wiktoria
24-03-2012, 10:52 PM
I loooooove ice skating. there's always an ice rink in manchester in the winter and i go every year :) i know there's an indoor one somewhere but i've never been.

bFen
24-03-2012, 10:56 PM
My Ice Hockey skates are these ones.
Don't know if they still fit!:P
http://images04.olx.fr/ui/5/05/03/1273956149_93480203_1-Photos-de--CCM-90-t-blade-neuf-patins-a-glace-1273956149.jpg

The Blade is 1mm

Seikou
24-03-2012, 11:09 PM
there used to be an ice rink in my local shopping centre but it closed down, i went there sometimes and i wasn't very good at it, just liked to skate around and have a bit of fun haha. the closest ice rink to me now is about 2 hours away though, i went there once and it was really good, i kept falling over though, lol!

Samantha
24-03-2012, 11:09 PM
I went to Doncaster Dome on 9th April 2009 yes I like being specific.

I kinda stopped myself from falling down, as there was a lot of people there sometimes I just went round on my own. I found my history teacher and tutor/geography teacher were really good.

I only fell 4 times, well I didn't fall, I stopped myself. I've only been once though and it was free. WOO!

Paige.
24-03-2012, 11:18 PM
I went last year for mine and my friend's joint birthday and it was my first time and it was actually quite fun. At first it was really weird and I couldn't stop slipping everywhere LOL but eventually I got the hang of it and only fell over twice (once on top of my friend LOL) ;)

Neversoft
24-03-2012, 11:22 PM
I've only been a couple of times, but I love ice skating and I'd say I'm pretty good at it. One of the things I want to do before I die is to go ice skating with the love of my life. ;_;

Cerys
25-03-2012, 12:07 AM
I used to play ice hockey all the time, so I guess I am decent at ice skating. But I never have enough time for it D:

GirlNextDoor15
25-03-2012, 12:48 AM
I would like to learn how to ice-skate but no. Idk how. It looks cool though :)

Camy
25-03-2012, 01:30 AM
McDonalds I tried it that way, one of my old friends played for the Scottish hockey team at the time, but they were terrible at explaining things, so I just taught myself.

Don't be scared of trying things though lol. In the beginning i was so scared to try stuff incase I fell and everyone pointed and laughed, but you just have to get on with it if you really want to do it.

Jazz
25-03-2012, 05:26 PM
i used to love ice skating, but i have no time for it anymore.

Aiden
25-03-2012, 06:33 PM
I've only been twice. 1st time in town at Christmas when they had a ring of ice £10 :P and that was fine because it was small and easy to get around. About a year later i went again to an indoor one for my sisters bday and didnt get on right away because i was scared but about 10 mins after i made my self go on and it was okay. So yeh go for the Ring :P!

Catchy
25-03-2012, 06:46 PM
I used to have ice skating lessons when I was younger and I was really good I wish I'd carried on but I sort of lost interest when I was around 14. I haven't been in years now

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!